Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

College Tuition and Student Loans

by kestrellyn Posted 24th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 6:05 AM by kestrellyn

188 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#101 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:56 AM
Yeah, I could do that. Would you also want the ability to withdraw and forgive loans in hundreds, too?
Mad Poster
#102 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:02 AM
That would be good, thank you

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 4:17 AM
Alright, in the latest version you can use multiples of 100 for Add to college fund, Withdraw from college fund, Forgive loan, and Pay back loan.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 2:14 PM
Hello, firstly just wanted to say thank you so much for this mod, it's brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for and it saves a ton of time trying to remember how much sims need to pay for college.

Secondly, I was wondering would it be possible to change the total education cost? If you even point me towards the right place in SimPE I'd be more than happy to do it myself, as my sims have a lot of money and I'd like to increase the total tuition cost.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#105 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:12 AM
You mean change it to allow costs of more than $50,000? How much did you want it to cost? Unfortunately some things would have to be changed to allow tuitions of $80,000+.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:32 PM
Yes, I didn't have an exact figure in mind but up to 80k seems perfect. Would it be possible to change the values from 10-50k to 40-80k?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#107 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 1:48 AM
No, that's what I'm saying. I can add 60k and 70k, but it can't go up to 80k without reworking some other parts of the mod. There are a bunch of things that rely on semesterly tuition being less than 10k. Although, I could add an option for 80k that actually sets it to 79,992, if that would be alright.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:11 AM
Oh, I get you now, and that would be perfect, if you don't mind. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 12:55 AM
Alright, in the latest version you can select 60k, 70k, or 80k (which translates to actually 9,999 a semester).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 11:18 AM
Thank you! 😁
Forum Resident
#111 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 2:43 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 16th Jun 2019 at 4:30 PM.
Hi, kestrellyn, and bless you for continuing to update this mod and always being so responsive to requests.

I also see that you've done a really nice job of revamping the description to explain all its intended functions. I just mentioned your object in the forums, in Look at This Awesome Thing I Found, so I wanted to come and say a bit more about how else I use it, besides just for college funds and student loans. Perhaps it will inspire even more people to use this excellent item!

Hope that helps someone! It really is a great and very reliable mod, so I can't recommend it, or kestrellyn and her willingness to support it, more highly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#112 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 10:36 PM
Thanks for your post, natboopsie! I'm a little busy right now making a mod for another game, but I do eventually plan to return to the Sims and make my own version of Monique's child support mod that will hook into this one (so that child support can be deposited directly into a college fund).
Forum Resident
#113 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 4:32 PM
My pleasure, kestrellyn. You and your mods deserve the support. And I'm excited to hear that you might tackle child support next! Do take your time---I'm just happy to know you're still around and modding, whether for this game or another.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 4:50 PM
I love this mod so much. It's made the payment system in my game so much easier. The only issue I have is that the sims who I want to receive tuition payments are too new in my hood, and I don't know how long it will take for them to show up on the payee screen. How can I increase the number of sims who show up?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#115 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 7:17 PM
How many adult+ sims do you have? There's a hard-coded limit, based on the checkbook, but I don't actually know the game's limitations so I could probably increase it and see if it doesn't cause a crash or anything like that.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
How many adult+ sims do you have? There's a hard-coded limit, based on the checkbook, but I don't actually know the game's limitations so I could probably increase it and see if it doesn't cause a crash or anything like that.

According to Sims Tracker I have 158 Adult & Elder sims. If it's hard coded then don't worry about it. I was poking around in SimPE and thought I'd found the line I might need to edit, but if it isn't that simple I'd rather not. I will patiently wait for more of my elders to die off. Thank you for the quick reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#117 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 10:08 PM
Oh, it's no problem. I've updates the files to raise the limit to 200 sims, let me know if that crashes or anything.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 1:59 PM
Oh, it's no problem. I've updates the files to raise the limit to 200 sims, let me know if that crashes or anything.

Ok thank you. I will test it out and let you know.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 1:04 AM

Wanted you to know that I tried it and it did work, with no crashing. Thank you!
Test Subject
#120 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 11:58 AM
So cool you're still here, thank you for this great mod and updating it!

> The mod works fine for me in in vanilla flavor.

> I really want to use it with Cyjon's Semester Changes. I've downloaded the appropriate variant of this mod, and made sure it loads after Cyjon's. HCDU shows no relevant conflict other than those two.

I have all the EPs (+ ending with the Mansion pack). However, I only accumulate half of the debt I set. At the end of semester, I get a message (set for 30K loan): Hanna paid §0 in tuition for the year from their college fund, and accumulated the remaining §-6,250 in student loans. If a... // .. Total loans: §3,750.

(One if the amounts is negative, the other positive, if it matters at all) The sim who went through the whole college like that ended up with a 15K loan.

I have a couple of shoddy workarounds, but would be awesome if you'd ever took a look!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:24 AM
Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads up! It looks like the bill tuition funtion somehow got replaced with the regular bill tuition function from the other versions of the hack. Should be fixed now, if you redownload.
Test Subject
#122 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 2:43 AM
You're an angel, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#123 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 5:36 PM
Hi! This mod looks like such a great addition to the game! However, I am unable to get it to work. I am running the Sims 2 Super Collection on Mac, so I assume that is the problem. It will let me initiate, add to college fund, designate payee/sponsor, but will not charge tuition at the end of the semester. I tried removing everything from my downloads folder except your Semester Changes version and Semester Changes itself, but it still did not work. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#124 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 12:47 AM
Do you have the hacks in the right order? This hack must load after Semester Changes.
Test Subject
#125 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 3:04 AM
Do you have the hacks in the right order? This hack must load after Semester Changes.

Yes, I do.
Page 5 of 8