Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 5:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My game keeps up in a blue screen
Hi, how the tittle of the thread says, my sims 2 game keeps in a blue screen, before did not even it was not there, but now it freeze in there, it don't even let me close the game, all i know is that i added a custom neighboorhod template from simcity 4, so i introduced the .sc4 file and opened the game, but it frozed in the loading blue screen, when i saw this i deleted the .sc4 file but it did not work, please i need solutions i have been like this from 5 days

this is the blue screen, also i don't get any error pop-up mesagge bubble , it just keep in there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 5:45 AM
When does the blue screen appear, and for how long? If you gave up, how long did you wait? A minute, 5 minutes, half an hour or more?

That blue screen can be a normal part of the loading, but it depends on how long it freezes and when/where in the loading process it appears.

Loading a new neighborhood can take some time, especially if it's one with a new template. Using CC, and your computer specs could affect the loading time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
When does the blue screen appear, and for how long? If you gave up, how long did you wait? A minute, 5 minutes, half an hour or more?

That blue screen can be a normal part of the loading, but it depends on how long it freezes and when/where in the loading process it appears.

Loading a new neighborhood can take some time, especially if it's one with a new template. Using CC, and your computer specs could affect the loading time.

1. it appears when i press the "play" button
2. the blue screen it doesnt finish, before you could see it for like 1/2 second, but now it doesn't finish
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 9:06 PM
Probably a stupid question, but have you cleared your Group and Accessory Cache? Sometimes that can cause my game to not load and clearing it helps.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Probably a stupid question, but have you cleared your Group and Accessory Cache? Sometimes that can cause my game to not load and clearing it helps.

i did not, all i did was to add a sc4 file from simcity4 but i erased it, but the error persist
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fernanododo
1. it appears when i press the "play" button
2. the blue screen it doesnt finish, before you could see it for like 1/2 second, but now it doesn't finish

How long did you wait on it? if you add CC a blue screen can sit there for some time depending on your computer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 2:06 PM
i did not, all i did was to add a sc4 file from simcity4 but i erased it, but the error persist

Oh, I was trying to say that deleting the Group Cache and Accessory Cache might help, not that it could be the cause of the issue. I may have worded it awkwardly, sorry about that

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Oh, I was trying to say that deleting the Group Cache and Accessory Cache might help, not that it could be the cause of the issue. I may have worded it awkwardly, sorry about that

ok thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:22 PM Last edited by fernanododo : 15th Jan 2022 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How long did you wait on it? if you add CC a blue screen can sit there for some time depending on your computer.

i was there for like 2 hours waiting for the blue screen to dissapear, also i added a sc4 file but i deleted it, but it doesn't even reduce it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 3:17 AM
please help i'm trying to be in the sims 2 windows as long as i can, i even got some mods away to se if sims 2 can charge but by now it hasn't work
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 4:07 AM
please help i'm trying to be in the sims 2 windows as long as i can, i even got some mods away to se if sims 2 can charge but by now it hasn't work

Ok move your Sims 2 folder from "Document" area and place it on your desktop then start up the game and let it gen up new game files and see if your game works.

C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Use cut and paste with it.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 4:53 AM
ok i will try it, i wish it works
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Ok move your Sims 2 folder from "Document" area and place it on your desktop then start up the game and let it gen up new game files and see if your game works.

C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Use cut and paste with it.

well it din't open as fast as would do normally so i don't think that it works
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 11:00 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It will load slower when it first starts as it has to generate all the user data. So don't judge it by the startup speed. Did the game load?

it didn't work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 1:28 AM
ok so i've already tried te last method and i've been a while in the sims 2 window bt it doesn't still open, it just make the mouse charge, i'm seriously thinking about cut the mod folder and download the sims again. even though i have a teory, and is that the sims 2 window frozens when i open it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 5:09 AM
please someone tell me what to do i don't know why it stills keeping ????????
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 12:32 PM
Is your game the Origin version? Or a disk install?
If it doesn't work after you have done what was advised in post #11 then you can be confident that something is wrong with your installation. If you have the Origin version of the game, try repairing the install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is your game the Origin version? Or a disk install?
If it doesn't work after you have done what was advised in post #11 then you can be confident that something is wrong with your installation. If you have the Origin version of the game, try repairing the install.

well what would you think if i said you i got it by downloading it free?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 11:00 AM
What I would do in that case is to uninstall your current copy, make sure all files are removed. Then reinstall afresh, make sure the game works before adding any custom content or any of your orevious hoods. Be sure to add the installation location and your userdata location to your antivirus scan exceptions; this will ensure that nothing gets quarantined.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What I would do in that case is to uninstall your current copy, make sure all files are removed. Then reinstall afresh, make sure the game works before adding any custom content or any of your orevious hoods. Be sure to add the installation location and your userdata location to your antivirus scan exceptions; this will ensure that nothing gets quarantined.

yeah just one question, i know this sounds "not-braincell'd" but can i copy paste the mods?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 5:27 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Apr 2022 at 5:43 AM.
Mods/CC can be copy/pasta'd from one computer to another, or one folder to another. That's perfectly fine. Via computers you'll need some sort of USB thumbdrive or external harddrive.

If you have sims or lots or anything else from your old game you want to save for later, you can backup (copy/paste to an USB file saving device) the entire "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" or "The Sims 2" folder in Documents (depending on game verson), and extract the files at a later time, using SimPE and Bodyshop. Probably not a good idea to start that process right now (get your game up and running first), but if you copy the folder you know you have the option later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st May 2022 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Mods/CC can be copy/pasta'd from one computer to another, or one folder to another. That's perfectly fine. Via computers you'll need some sort of USB thumbdrive or external harddrive.

If you have sims or lots or anything else from your old game you want to save for later, you can backup (copy/paste to an USB file saving device) the entire "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" or "The Sims 2" folder in Documents (depending on game verson), and extract the files at a later time, using SimPE and Bodyshop. Probably not a good idea to start that process right now (get your game up and running first), but if you copy the folder you know you have the option later.

ok thanks i'll try it tomorrow, i hope and pray it works
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th May 2022 at 7:02 AM
Omg It Worked!!! Thnak You And All Of The Peopled That Did Suggestions About What To Do!!!!!111!!!