Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 8:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CAS only has two columns
Good morning, I have issues with the user interface in CAS: it only has two columns and I can't find a way to add more. My laptop resolution is 1366x768 pixels, and I use Clean UI with the additional 200 pixels for widths above 1280px, but the columns are 2 nevertheless. I have looked everywhere for a solution but I can't find one; on the Clean UI FAQ I found the following info:

QUESTION: "Do we need to do something to activate the cas columns? I picked the ‘cas-min-width-1280-additional-200x’ package and the extra columns doesnt appear. My resolution is 1366."
ANSWER: "This is probably not related to Clean UI. With the help of friendly simmers, it seems that it’s rather due to your graphics card, because CAS always resets to the two column mode that was created for low resolutions. Please try to use Graphic Rules Maker so your game can detect your graphics card or increase the resolution if possible."

This is EXACTLY the situation I'm in: I have the same screen resolution and I have the same 2 columns issue, but if I look at my Graphic Rules Maker settings I don't find what's wrong that could cause the CAS to reset to two column mode. I've included pictures of my GRM with this post. Can someone help me?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 10:51 AM
I'm updating this topic just to say that I found the fix to this problem, to anyone who may need it: I was playing in Windowed mode. I switched to Borderless mode and now I have more columns in CAS.