Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 10:42 PM
Default terrain
Looking for a terrain that has a lake (buildable for beach lots). Must have "land" (not water) to horizon, so I can use my horizon CCs.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 9:27 AM
Did you have any luck finding this @grammapat ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:40 AM
Nope...seems like the most popular are islands, or solid land with a non-buildable lake.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Nope...seems like the most popular are islands, or solid land with a non-buildable lake.

I have created lots of terrains available on my blog. Maybe you find one you like there.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:11 AM
If you can't find one, I could have a go for you (although beach areas are tricky to make in SC4- it's a lot easier if you have M&G as you can tweak it in-game). I'd need a rough diagram/ sketch of what you like, and idea of how big to make the lake (how many lots do you want with beach) and whether you use camera mods.

Link to lientebollemeis' terrains mentioned above:
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/s...rrain%20-%20TS2
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:12 AM
@simsample do you already use greatcheesecakepersona's HoodPlanner by chance?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:16 AM
@Softlism No I haven't tried that, what are the advantages to it? I've been building terrains in SC4 for years with flipping and calculating the scale in my head as I'm doing it, so I'm not sure if it adds anything to that? Do you use it?
Inventor
#8 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:16 PM
@simsample yes I recently tried it, but haven't recreated it yet in SC4. I wanted to modify the Veronaville roads, so it was helpful for me to see the hood terrain unflipped. But I think it's useful to demonstrate the unflipped draft and to schedule where to place the lots.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 5:06 PM
@Softlism I'll download it and give it a try, maybe it would be helpful for grammapat to design a neighbourhood with that I could try to replicate! Although I'm not promising any great things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:43 PM Last edited by grammapat : 22nd Oct 2021 at 12:33 AM.
Default found
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you can't find one, I could have a go for you (although beach areas are tricky to make in SC4- it's a lot easier if you have M&G as you can tweak it in-game). I'd need a rough diagram/ sketch of what you like, and idea of how big to make the lake (how many lots do you want with beach) and whether you use camera mods.

Link to lientebollemeis' terrains mentioned above:
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/s...rrain%20-%20TS2

I DO have M&G, and have tried some terrain changes...mostly badly. I'll look at lientebollemeis. Her sort of hood, with a river across it, would work if I could flatten the beach area in a few spots (for lots)...but think I'll need tutorial for that.
--------
Actually, I have found a number of terrains that will do...thanks guys