Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 13
Test Subject
#201 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:52 PM
Hi numenor. I don't think it's your hack either. I saw this hack and since you had a warning about a bug, I didn't install it. I downloaded a couple of items and hacks yesterday, plus installed the new SimPE and CEP...after that my Deco-Chill Display can hold 6 single plates instead of the original 2. I had problems with restocking and several out of stock plates appeared at the corner of my lot. I was able to "reclaim" them by restocking the plate, then I went to the business options and removed the price for the plates. After that I was able to place the items back in my sim's inventory.
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 2:36 PM Last edited by NH1 : 27th Jun 2006 at 9:22 AM.
Since I installed OfB, I have had that every day, (when I installed the hack (a few days later), I still had that every day).

If you ask me, the hack has nothing to do with the bug... (and I hope that this is fixed soon (with a patch or something, ... ), because playing hide and seek on your lot with the restock signs isn't that fun )
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 3:16 PM
i'm sure maxis will get a patch to fix these bugs like they did for original, university and nightlife.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#204 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by someone2
i'm sure maxis will get a patch to fix these bugs like they did for original, university and nightlife.

I hope Maxis will do, because the restocking code isn't simple at all, and I couldn't fix it by myself.

If anyone reads something about a patch for this problem, or news about it on the official EA site, please post them here.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#205 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 8:05 PM
I don't think the hack has anything to do with the bug...but it does make the situation worse because I was using the 'more' hack first and noticed it with my flower shop. The my bakery was out of control so I switched to the 'less' hack and it's still happening anyway...... oh sorry forgot to add I was having this problem BEFORE I put the hack in too.

It's a great hack Numenor and I hope Maxis will sort out this glitch. My hard working simmies are losing money !!!! lol

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do !!
Test Subject
#206 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 3:35 AM
Maxis mentioned in the 3/16 chat that they'll be releasing a patch in the coming weeks. They'll also include a list of what the patch is for so hopefully they covered this issue
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 4:21 AM
I also had the restock signs showing up all over BEFORE installing your hack-both in my flower shop and in my bakery. Flower sign was associated with a custom object and the bakery sign was for the maxis cheesecake. I never used move objects cheat to place objects but did do some shifting around using the hand tool. Flower shop is a home business-bakery is a community business so it seems to be a random bug. The bakery is the only business where I have had any probs with restocked items not showing up. However-after I read these pages again-I went ingame-got rid of misplaced signs and all prehack inventory-cooked everything up new and have had no probs restocking since doing this.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 5:57 PM
I have a quick question? I am not sure if this caused it or not but it was the only hack I had put into my game that day. Built a lot with a home business attch but when I was done and ready to get set setting up to play my people wouldn't move?? I was freakin thought I totally messed up my game. I removed that hack and now they move did that cause it or was it something else? I really want to use this mod... Should I build the homes/business before moving people in??

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#209 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 11:33 PM
When the sims can't move there is an object that is causing a neverending error. It may be caused by the hack, but I can't give an answer without more infrmation.

If you are willing to know what is going on with your lot, you should activate the testingCheats (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true) when in neighborhood view; once activated the cheat, try and load the faulty lot: one or more error window will pop up; write down the error message and then click Delete. When the lot is loaded, exit the game WITHOUT SAVING.

Then, let me know what error messages you got.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#210 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 3:02 PM
Nope, I don't think this hack has anything to do with the OOS sign phenomenom. I operated my home biz in OFB for days without it, selling (Maxis) crafted flowers, and I just kept getting these OOS signs at a corner of my lot. I only noticed it when I saw my Sim "restock": the sign disappeared, leaving an empty spot; so I looked around and saw the stupid sign. And used Pescado's stuckobjremover on it. Rinse and repeat.

This happens on original Maxis OFB display shelves, as well as surfaces that you're not supposed to sell/put stuff on (i.e. using moveobjects on); in my case, I sold crafted flowers on the ClubCube (that discotheque light-changing box thingy). But I managed to work around that particular problem by putting a Magisplay Tray on top of a small coffeetable, and then planting the whole thing INto the ClubCube (using moveobjects on). The flowers are then 'restockable'.

Xelas Winterdream
Supreme Master of Doing Things at the Rate of Planets Evolving Intelligent Lifeform
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 4:48 PM
Numenor. As usual, you know what everyone wants before half of them even know they want it LOL

Anyway ... thanks for this, so much. I'm assuming I can use the instructions you give above to make any individual item available to sit on shelves? I mean, if I want my item shelvable and the user is not using the hack? I just change that one number in the Object Data?

I'm REALLY sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread. (I read two full pages of thanks to Numenor and gave up looking LOL.) That being said, I LOVE YOU TOOOOO, NUMENOR!!
Field Researcher
#212 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 5:55 PM
Xelas, thankyou for explaining the Magisplay Tray thing. You think Maxis would have included an explaination SOMEWHERE as to it's purpose. Instead we're left to thinking we can place sellable custom objects anywhere to be sold.
Stupid!
PS...
Numenor, The custom batch fix you gave (SimPe) was very easy to accomplish .Thanks to your instructions , it was a snap. Thankyou again! I think Ill go back now and make acouple of custom objects ,that I noted in the game ,small.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#213 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buntah
if I want my item shelvable and the user is not using the hack? I just change that one number in the Object Data?
Yes, that's correct.

XELAS - Nice trick! Thanks!

Test Subject
#214 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 2:16 PM
Nick & The Modfather (sounds like a title or somethin'):

You're welcomed, and thanks. Lowly gamers like myself have to figure out little ways to get around Maxis' bugs. XD

Xelas Winterdream
Supreme Master of Doing Things at the Rate of Planets Evolving Intelligent Lifeform
Test Subject
#215 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 4:40 PM
Hello all!

I only can agree with Joan. I had the same problems before the hack and i don't use move_objects. So it definetely has to be a Maxis bug.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 1:35 AM
Numenor, thank you so much for this hack and the info on how to get the restock signs unstuck. As for the restock signs jumping when a sim tries to restock an item, I can say that it is 100% a Maxis bug because I played without any hacks or custom content (and a fresh new neighborhood) and I experienced the bug. It is very aggravating. I had one sign jump up to the attic of a shop and did not discover it until I began hunting for what was causing my sim to keep waving at me with the blocked thought bubble. I had checked all over the lot for the usual places the sign would jump to and there was none, so I checked the attic and there it was. I had not seen your fix information at that time and so had to build a stairway, floor and remove the roof for the sim to go and restock the item. Big pain! So thank you, thank you, thank you for this!!!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Field Researcher
#217 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
When the sims can't move there is an object that is causing a neverending error. It may be caused by the hack, but I can't give an answer without more infrmation.

If you are willing to know what is going on with your lot, you should activate the testingCheats (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true) when in neighborhood view; once activated the cheat, try and load the faulty lot: one or more error window will pop up; write down the error message and then click Delete. When the lot is loaded, exit the game WITHOUT SAVING.

Then, let me know what error messages you got.

Well my son messed up my computer by downloading something I could not get rid of so just got it back up and running. and did a totally fresh install so now I am back to square one.. I will try it again if I have a problem I will do what you suggest if not thank you...

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Test Subject
#218 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 4:54 PM
Default No troubles with out Hack
Just stopping in to say that, I do not have the hack installed yet.
I am having no trouble with out of stock sighns going anyplace they should not go and I can restock everything. The move object cheat does not work for me to place user made objects on disply shelfs though, So I have to place them on counter tops not using any disply shelfing. I can then sale them from the counter tops and restock them from there as well. ~But I am going to try this hack as I want the items on my disply shelffing!~
Field Researcher
#219 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 12:22 AM
Well, the patch is out and there is no mention of it solving the problem of the misplaced out of stock signs. I know is must be a Maxis bug because I had it before I started using this hack. Even Maxis objects caused the out of stock sign to transpors to the edge of the lot. Guess we're still out in the dark. :mad:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#220 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:14 AM
The patch is out? Thanks for the heads up

If they didn't fix this bug, I wonder what else they DID fix...
I'm going to take a look

Lab Assistant
#221 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 2:38 AM
Apears they nelgected "fixing" this, along with the 'location out of bounds' problem while trying to move the trash can, mailbox, or place any items on the street in both lot and neighborhood view. I heard them mention something about more patch releases after this, since there were too many to be all adressed at once. So, I have a feeling we'll be needing this mod for a LONG time to come.
Test Subject
#222 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 12:56 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if any progress has been made with this issue.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#223 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:20 AM
Nope... If Maxis doesn't fix the game issue, I can't even start re-checking my hack.
I can only suggest you to batch-fix you downloads using SimPE (read tutorial) and get rid of these hacks.
But this won't prevent the issue to occur again, though...

Test Subject
#224 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 1:10 PM
Houston.... We have a problem.

The bloody Maxis patch broke the hack (I think). Now I can't place "more" (Maxis crafted) items on the shelves. So it's back to two lonely vases/pots of flowers sitting there, lonesome like. :lonely:

...... :censored:

Methinks this could be their idea of a fix. :wtf2: There goes all my preparation setting up all the shelves in my mini-mall.

Xelas Winterdream
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#225 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:03 PM
Xelas, the best way to fix this problem (but without eliminating the Maxis bug, of course) is to batch fix your downloads. This way, you won't need any hack.

Page 9 of 13