Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#9351 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:34 PM
Sims can roll a want to buy a green energy source. I've never seen it before, but a member of the Curious household has been rolling the want every couple of days on a consistent basis for the last few weeks. I think he's trying to set up a wind farm.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9352 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 11:10 PM
cosmaline, this happens in my games for years now. It's almost always the Knowledge sims who want a green energy source (and after I buy one, they wish for more) but sometimes it's the Fortune sims too, probably because the green energy source reduces the bills and if the family has bought a lot of them, they get refunds instead of paying bills. It's a very good feature...
Scholar
#9353 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:18 PM
I discovered that I quite like sending my Sims on dates these days. It helps that I noticed somewhere on an MTS thread recently that it's possible to see what the non-playable Sim wants to do, and that I finally realized a Sim can just end the date once it reaches Dream status. In the past, I thought I had to play through until the counter hit zero, and dates that had been going well tanked as my Sims got tired and cranky - which in turn made me tired and cranky.

There's still no hope for Chloe Curious, who can't seem to get along with anyone she isn't related to, but my LGU Romance Sims now have a chance to live their lives the way they want.
Lab Assistant
#9354 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 9:40 PM
Today I discovered that rotating floor tiles is a thing.
I opened my mouth and screamed internally.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9355 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
Today I discovered that rotating floor tiles is a thing.
I opened my mouth and screamed internally.

And if you combine them with the quarter tile feature, you can make some novel patterns from the existing Maxis floors. This is made from the Maxis oak plank floor:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9356 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

And if you combine them with the quarter tile feature, you can make some novel patterns from the existing Maxis floors. This is made from the Maxis oak plank floor

Looks awesome, what a good idea!
Top Secret Researcher
#9357 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 11:40 AM
When you click to edit a sim in CAS, they disappear briefly from the photo studio screen :o because they're literally moved from the photo studio to the mirror room.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9358 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 7:40 PM
Today I discovered that my game considers it cheating if you find your teenage son asleep in bed with your naked wife. Who is naked because she fell asleep after you woohoo'd with her earlier. Like yes, OK, it does look bad, but also, nothing actually happened. She just fell asleep naked and stepson innocently climbed into bed with her a few hours later.
Mad Poster
#9359 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Today I discovered that my game considers it cheating if you find your teenage son asleep in bed with your naked wife. Who is naked because she fell asleep after you woohoo'd with her earlier. Like yes, OK, it does look bad, but also, nothing actually happened. She just fell asleep naked and stepson innocently climbed into bed with her a few hours later.

This game is like Mrs. Crumplebottom-anything that appears to be cheating is actual cheating-it doesn't take much at all to consider it cheating. Waving at another pixel, talking to them, hugging them, are all bad things.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9360 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:26 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 17th Sep 2021 at 11:35 AM.
The funniest thing to me was how long it took for him to come to that conclusion. Usually Sims know at once when cheating is a happening and go sprinting across the lot to angrily confront the culprits, but in this case, he came home from walking the dog, walked upstairs and into the bedroom and screamed. Because his wife was naked. Then he stood there a moment longer, then I got the cheating boings and the wife woke up. But he didn't make any move to yell at her or slap her, so on some level, he knows it was innocent, albeit rather inappropriate.
Scholar
#9361 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 19th Sep 2021 at 2:14 AM.
Turns out it was far faster modifying the funds with SimPE, haha.

Bianca Monty is yet another billionaire in Sims History!
How high can this go?

$ 2,147,483,647 Simoleans. 32bit positive integer limit. just a tad more than $ 9,999,999. maybe enough to buy SimNation.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9362 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Turns out it was far faster modifying the funds with SimPE, haha.

Bianca Monty is yet another billionaire in Sims History!
How high can this go?

$ 2,147,483,647 Simoleans. 32bit positive integer limit. just a tad more than $ 9,999,999. maybe enough to buy SimNation.

Wow! I didn't think it could go that high! But, I'd imagine the cap might be £99, 999, 999, based on other games I've played where the damage, or number cap in general usually has a bunch of 9's depending on the game It's just a guess.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#9363 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Wow! I didn't think it could go that high! But, I'd imagine the cap might be £99, 999, 999, based on other games I've played where the damage, or number cap in general usually has a bunch of 9's depending on the game It's just a guess.

Sims 2's normal cap being a simoleon short of 10 million. ($9,999,999)
305 Shipwrecks worth. (at $32,767 a boat)

32bit positive limit being $2,147,483,647 means Bianca can now own.
65,538 Shipwrecks!
2 shipwrecks for every sim in a full maxed out (32,767 Sims) hood!
Scholar
#9364 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 9:22 PM
I discovered that if you throw a party intended as a funeral and during the party, you move the grave from the lot to a cemetery, everyone will get very upset as if the deceased just died. They will cry and wail and think about the grave. It gives it a feeling of being a real funeral.
Lab Assistant
#9365 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 3:36 AM
Spiral stairs can be "half" off a foundation/floor! I had no idea. I was using four grid squares for them this entire time.
Lab Assistant
#9366 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leekeaux
Spiral stairs can be "half" off a foundation/floor! I had no idea. I was using four grid squares for them this entire time.

Sorry, but could you explain/re-word? (not a native speaker if it's just me)
I'd like to know what you mean, because I've been wanting to put spiral stairs to more use in my builds!
Theorist
#9367 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 4:54 PM
I assume that they mean the following; the staircase takes up four green squares. The first two squares can hang off the side of the foundation (be midair) while the other two squares (landing, first step) can be on the foundation edge.
Lab Assistant
#9368 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 5:03 PM
Thanks, that's cool!
Mad Poster
#9369 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 11:59 PM
I found that if hungry enough, pixels will steal plates of food right out from under someone's face!

In Arundel, Jeannette Norman had enough food for herself and 2 other people-one of whom did not finish his. Her fourth guest, not happy with being passed over for food, literally walked up and took the plate out from his spot, sat down and finished it for him.
Next time she's going to have to cook more.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Theorist
#9370 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 7:10 AM
That reminds me so much of Kristen Singles, the Lobster Thermidor-snatching wench from Juno Birch's let's plays.

(Here is the moment it happened/the origin story:
https://youtu.be/b76m33a24Y4?t=10m22s)
Instructor
#9371 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 2:01 AM
I apparently do not have sims tell stories about computers very often, as I've never seen this speech bubble before. Alexander was telling Lucy the story but she responded with her own knowledge of emoticons I guess.

Mad Poster
#9372 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 10:45 PM
For the first time, ever, I have a pixel wanting to give a gift as a want. Never have seen it before, and even with the 'gift giving' mods I have it's the first time for this.

just a girl
#9373 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
For the first time, ever, I have a pixel wanting to give a gift as a want. Never have seen it before, and even with the 'gift giving' mods I have it's the first time for this.

And it's probably winter? Seems to be the holiday season in pixel land.
Mad Poster
#9374 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
And it's probably winter? Seems to be the holiday season in pixel land.

Oh, duh! It is indeed winter in Arundel. Darn, I keep forgetting that seasons do matter in the game!

Test Subject
#9375 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 7:23 PM
I don't know the cause of the issue, but for some reason every single toddler and child in the Newson family didn't receive an LTW upon hitting teen. I'd give them their aspiration and TOs and all would be fine and dandy, but none of them would get LTWs; the little popup where it resides would just list their current aspiration level as though they were still children (it would list the correct aspiration, at least). I haven't had this problem since I played vanilla, so I was ready to go through all the trouble of spawning the tombstone of L&D and futzing with all the settings to try and fix it, but it turns out you can just reroll the sim's LTW with the batbox to nudge the game into generating one in the first place.

Probably common knowledge to most, but it was news to me!
Page 375 of 442