Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jack Skellington and Sally Ragdoll

by Nova L Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 1:33 AM

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 255 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 11
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 11:58 AM
Alas, for me Jack has no neck at all, but instead a bright pink blinking area that won't go away in game either. I made Jack a bit taller, which looks great and how it's supposed to be. But the pink area now blinks near his chest or even in the empty air when he bows or sits down.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it just me or are more of you experiencing that same phenomenon?

On the funny side: My Jack seems to have a compulsion to wash... first thing after admiring the fountain in the bathroom, he took a bath. And seconds later he took another bath. And another. Finally I told him to stop - that default naked skin with the hair but without any face didn't look too good on him *g*.
#27 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 7:27 PM
I am amazingly impressed. They have an excellent likeness. Keep up the fantastic work!
Instructor
#28 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 10:15 PM
excellent likeness. So good, they almost rival the real puppets! thanks so much for sharing your work.

xD
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 12:52 AM
Hello
Your Sally looks really good in game, but I am sad to report that Jack does not.
In body shop all I see is a purple flashing head shape. This is spooky : (
Cult Leader
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 5:59 AM
Ver Cool. I just watched this again last week cos I was bored- it's a classic.
really good job, I I can learn how to make custom stuff soon so I can get to work trying to make sims as cool as this.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 7:18 AM
I keep getting an error diagnostic message when I click on the rar to extract here. help? But the pictures seem nice.

Read my signature it cries for attention!

Wookiees, Bats, Zombies and more see my work here.
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=150649
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 2:35 PM
Their're beautyfull
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:01 PM
theese are amazing! they look like they just came out of the movie!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 11:44 PM
I got The rar to extract them but now all I get is Jack's skin, Sally's skin and Sally's eyes please pleeeeeease tell me what I did Wrong? I must Have These characters.

Read my signature it cries for attention!

Wookiees, Bats, Zombies and more see my work here.
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=150649
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 1:21 AM
Sweet. I love that movie.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:16 AM
I have the same problem with Jack, here's a screenshot. Other than his head, his looks fantastic!! I can't use Sally, no nightlife but she looks awesome here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:19 AM
Blinking pink? Purple head? I never heard of that happening before. @_@;; Jack's head is a competely new mesh created in lightwave (to milkshape) so it might have something to do with that. :?

Quote: Originally posted by jedimembrain
I got The rar to extract them but now all I get is Jack's skin, Sally's skin and Sally's eyes please pleeeeeease tell me what I did Wrong? I must Have These characters.

Did you put the two MESH_(a name here) files into the downloads folder? It should be located in your documents -> EA Sims folder. You need to add those two in order for it to work.
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 8:44 AM
Extremely Amazing!!!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nova L
Did you put the two MESH_(a name here) files into the downloads folder? It should be located in your documents -> EA Sims folder. You need to add those two in order for it to work.

Yep. When I unpacked the .rar file it said that the head was destroyed. The two meshes appeared in a folder anyway. So I put them in the downloads folder and used Clean Installer for the Sims2Pack file.

I attached two pics of how Jack looks like in everyday wear (with the right head but purple neck) and the other one shows how he looks like with any other kind of clothing.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:49 PM
The best ever NMBF sims.EVER !
Thank you !!!!!:D
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 8:46 PM
omg...... fuhness! i watched the movie and i thought wow! then i saw the sims on here.. they suck badly.... UNTIL THESE CHAPPYS POPED ALONG!... what will the nabours think :sci: ..?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on hisway to world domination.

I Dont Swim In Your Loo, SO DONT PEE IN MY POOL!!!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Last words of a jamacan fly. - '' 'Ow is 'e gonna read dat' dere' papa if it all roll up like dat?''[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wednesday17
Yep. When I unpacked the .rar file it said that the head was destroyed. The two meshes appeared in a folder anyway. So I put them in the downloads folder and used Clean Installer for the Sims2Pack file.

I attached two pics of how Jack looks like in everyday wear (with the right head but purple neck) and the other one shows how he looks like with any other kind of clothing.

Yikes~ :O It looks like the skin is missing. I never seen that happening before so I'm not quite sure why it's doing that. :/

I'm going to re-work the Jack sim after I finish my Wonka sim. I think I can find a way to replace the face mesh (reason why I can't change the neck mesh) into a skeletal neck. :3
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:29 PM
Best of luck Nova! They still look great can't wait till Jack's perfect
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 4:04 AM
Amazing...Simply Amazing, especially Jack. You're awesome.

"Must have me confused for someone else! Someone bit soft...Optimus Prime maybe."
-Grimlock
#45 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 9:36 PM
they look absolutely awesome!! thanks! ^^
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:48 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS POSSIBLE!!! YOU ARE THE SHIT FOR THIS! VERY NICE!!!!!! PEOPLE SHOULD WORSHIP YOU FOR THIS!!!

mjfan84

As of May, 2007 mjfan84 is retired.
I'm devoting my time to my youtube account. www.youtube.com/mjfan84
I won't be uploading, however I'll be here to answer questions, and my uploads will stay up!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:21 PM
You are my hero.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 3:56 AM
WOW. Jack is AMAZING. I am so so obsessed with these sims <3.<3 Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 8:24 AM
Default Amazing...
I downloaded these files but not yet playing.
Is there anyway to let Jack's head always remain be what it looks like in 'everyday' : his circle head - so I don't see his another face coming up with other kinds of clothes..
and keeps his body or Sally's eye same all the time..

Can it be?

I just saw them in family-create mode, and they are ... alive!!!

Thanks ever..!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Illusen101
really nice only SALLY HAS RED HAIR YOU IDIOT!

Suggestion. THINK before you type anything. Did you even played the Sally sim? I'm guessing not. If you had you would of seen that she has dark red hair. The preview image makes it look darker then what it really is. Do NOT judge by the appearance and critique with such a stupid remark. It makes YOU look like an idiot.
Page 2 of 11