Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#9251 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 4:42 PM
Are there traits that increase a sim's affinity with aliens, or make them more likely to meet or be abducted by them?
Advertisement
Scholar
#9252 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Elynda : 8th Dec 2021 at 5:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Are there traits that increase a sim's affinity with aliens, or make them more likely to meet or be abducted by them?

I'm not sure about traits, but it seems to me that certain sims tend to get abducted more often than others. One of mine, Dorabella Darke, has the Adventurous, Genius, Insane, Loves the Outdoors and Neurotic traits. She is also a witch. Aliens seem to take a particular interest in her: she's been abducted no fewer than four times that I recall.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#9253 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:01 PM
Doesn't becoming a "Rock Star" (Music 10 top level) makes that Sim a celebrity? Or am I missing something? Cuz my reached the top and wasn't granted a single celebrity star

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#9254 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 1:10 AM
Has anyone else had any issues with sims not changing clothes? I reinstalled recently (which was a huge hassle) and since then it seems like my sims just take ages to change their clothes. If I'm playing a sim on a community lot and I notice a sim at home has had the same thing in their queue for a few hours, it's because they're doing something that requires a clothing change and I have to go their home and force them to change with Nraas. I'm currently playing two separate households at the same time (one lives on the Home lot, another lives on a second purchased residential lot) and it's annoying having to keep an eye on the other's queue while I'm playing one sim. I used to be able to leave a sim alone in a residential house for weeks without issue but now I'm constantly having to keep an eye on them.
Mad Poster
#9255 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoonlightFalls
Has anyone else had any issues with sims not changing clothes? I reinstalled recently (which was a huge hassle) and since then it seems like my sims just take ages to change their clothes. If I'm playing a sim on a community lot and I notice a sim at home has had the same thing in their queue for a few hours, it's because they're doing something that requires a clothing change and I have to go their home and force them to change with Nraas. I'm currently playing two separate households at the same time (one lives on the Home lot, another lives on a second purchased residential lot) and it's annoying having to keep an eye on the other's queue while I'm playing one sim. I used to be able to leave a sim alone in a residential house for weeks without issue but now I'm constantly having to keep an eye on them.

Do they still take long to change to outfit categories that they haven't tried? If not, I suggest before the game have them change to all remaining ones so they load quickler. Also, you can try unparking cpu.

Test Subject
#9256 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Do they still take long to change to outfit categories that they haven't tried? If not, I suggest before the game have them change to all remaining ones so they load quickler. Also, you can try unparking cpu.

It doesn’t seem to matter what outfit it is. It’s like if I’m not on the lot with them when they try to change clothes they just get stuck loading until I notice and have to go fix it.
Forum Resident
#9257 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:01 PM
Does anyone know of a mod that prevents the imaginary friend doll from getting deleted when switching households? The game keeps deleting them whether they are in the personal inventory or around the house.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Instructor
#9258 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 7:44 AM
ETA: Also, how do I make an exception for a Sim with Nraas Overwatch (or ErrorTrap?) not to reset them?

You can't. That's what the purpose of those mods, to hard reset a sim who triggered the problem in the first place.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#9259 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoonlightFalls
It doesn’t seem to matter what outfit it is. It’s like if I’m not on the lot with them when they try to change clothes they just get stuck loading until I notice and have to go fix it.

Have you tried No Spinning Effect mod? I've been playing with that and my sim switches outfit no less than ten seconds, and I'm playing the Sims 3 on laptop.

Also no career and martial arts outfits mod helps because those tend to glitch a lot.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#9260 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
You can't. That's what the purpose of those mods, to hard reset a sim who triggered the problem in the first place.

Well, I used to have a Sim that kept resetting at a professional bar they practice on in a penthouse during their session for no reason. Also kills the fun of having a trapped Sim escape from a doorless room.or enclosed swimming pool.

Another question, that I'll later post in help section: I had Sim work on the restorable car engine while decrap file was deleted prior (cause it caused other technical problems). Now finished the engine part, the object turned into a missingdata object. Would installing the store fix again revert the data of the object back?

Top Secret Researcher
#9261 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 11:41 AM
Well, I used to have a Sim that kept resetting at a professional bar they practice on in a penthouse during their session for no reason. Also kills the fun of having a trapped Sim escape from a doorless room.or enclosed swimming pool.

Another question, that I'll later post in help section: I had Sim work on the restorable car engine while decrap file was deleted prior (cause it caused other technical problems). Now finished the engine part, the object turned into a missingdata object. Would installing the store fix again revert the data of the object back?

I had that happen with the store fix installed. And nothing could turn that pumpkin it back to a car.
Instructor
#9262 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 3:15 PM

Overwatch has a setting whether it affects active sim, though I'm not sure it had something to do with professional bar. ErrorTrap always generates a log file whenever a problem occurs. You might want to take a look first. And yeah Overwatch will always reset sims who get stuck or trapped unless you set it to false.

Inventor
#9263 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 7:56 AM
Is there any reason why kuree's Easy CASP Editor comes up blank for me? I'm on patch 1.67 but nothing's showing up whenever I cycle through my game packs

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#9264 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:52 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 24th Dec 2021 at 9:34 PM.
Do townies/inactives not use UNI espresso bars? Cause not of them did when observing Mucho Espresso Cafe when I turned it into Java Hut lot
What's the difference between ellacharmed's "name.world with Fixes Imported" and "Resources for name's various Fixes"? Which one to use?

Instructor
#9265 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 12:47 PM
Does anyone know what meta-autonomy is?

Forum Resident
#9266 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 7:45 PM
Do townies/inactives not use UNI espresso bars? Cause not of them did when observing Mucho Espresso Cafe when I turned it into Java Hut lot
What's the difference between ellacharmed's "name.world with Fixes Imported" and "Resources for name's various Fixes"? Which one to use?

@SneakyWingPhoenix : I think it's the name.world you have to use.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#9267 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 8:08 PM

The "name.world with Fixes Imported" ones are the actual world files with the fixes already applied. All you have to do with those are downloading each archive, renaming them like ellacharmed mentions on her pages, and it will unzip the completed world file.

From there, all you have to do is replace the one's in your installation folder with hers (preferably make a backup first.) I can't say this 100% for sure, but I think the Resources one is if you wanted to apply the fixes to the unaltered world files yourself in S3PE.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#9268 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 11:49 PM
Is there a way to stop Sims from switching their pijamas/swimswear/athletic wear to power quantum suit when aging from YA-EL?

Lab Assistant
#9269 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 9:16 PM
If you install the swedish sims 3, does it matter if you install an expansion pack that is not swedish?
Test Subject
#9270 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 11:23 PM

Is there a fix for this wtf T-T
Mad Poster
#9271 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
If you install the swedish sims 3, does it matter if you install an expansion pack that is not swedish?

Shouldn't. Would just install the expansion pack you're installing currently (or latest).

Instructor
#9272 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 1:07 AM
Does eerie music play when ghosts appear on Sims 3 lots, or is that just Sims 1 & 2? Relatedly, is there any way to help make the ghosts appear on a lot? Currently playing Anna-Liza Riddle and really wanna see this Di. L. Emma Riddle character before Anna-Liza dies.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Alchemist
#9273 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 9:41 PM
How do you turn an alien into a normal sim? My sim had three babies and everyone of them is an alien like their mother. I don't want another alien generation. I tried looking through the MC but the alien DNA or the occult options didn't help. Tried googling but only found a cheat for TS4. I haven't played aliens in a long time, so the answer is probably very simple and I just can't see it. Elixir, maybe? Though, Potent Cure Elixir doesn't say anything about aliens.
Scholar
#9274 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:50 AM
Music has been playing on my neighbor's lots and the lots seem to glow, and this seems to be ghosts. An inactive ghost hunter appears.
I don't know how to make them appear on active lots. Doesn't the grave need to be on the lot for ghosts to appear on an active lot?
Mad Poster
#9275 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
How do you turn an alien into a normal sim? My sim had three babies and everyone of them is an alien like their mother. I don't want another alien generation. I tried looking through the MC but the alien DNA or the occult options didn't help. Tried googling but only found a cheat for TS4. I haven't played aliens in a long time, so the answer is probably very simple and I just can't see it. Elixir, maybe? Though, Potent Cure Elixir doesn't say anything about aliens.

Short answer: you can't.

I don't think you can, because Aliens are classified as a different Sim (non-occult, as contradicting it sounds). They're not like werewolves or mummies you can turn and demumify/dewerewolve a Sim. Think of it as wanting to turn a dog into a human.

Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Does eerie music play when ghosts appear on Sims 3 lots, or is that just Sims 1 & 2? Relatedly, is there any way to help make the ghosts appear on a lot? Currently playing Anna-Liza Riddle and really wanna see this Di. L. Emma Riddle character before Anna-Liza dies.

There's a lifetime reward object ('something' stone) in Supernatural that allows you to summon a ghost of your choice. I believe there are also other options but can't think of them

Page 371 of 385