Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 8:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default CC Magic crashes when rebuild
Hi!

I have a problem with CC Magic. Every time I try to rebuild it crashes. I reinstalled the whole game including CC Magic and deleted all my CC. I thought that my game is finally decided to get broken because I had 26 GB of CC. After reinstall I downloaded some hairs from TSR and tried to rebuild but it crashed. Then I categorized all the hairs into a folders like "Hair 1", "Hair 2" etc. and in the end there where 13 different hair folders with about 15 hairs on each. Then I tried to rebuild and look which folder causes the crashing. But there where no sense! First it rebuilt the foldes "Hair 1", "Hair 2" and "Hair 3" just fine. Then it crashed in "Hair 4". I moved half of the "Hair 4" hairs in folder "Hair 14" and tried to rebuild but then it crashed in "Hair 1" folder. I tried again and again but there where just no logic in which folder CC magic crashed. Then I deleted all the hairs and downloaded some clothes but it crashed. What on earth could be problem?
I followed these instructions but there were nothing in CC Magic log:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...to-use-cc-magic

Do you have any ideas?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 12:24 AM
May I ask why you chose that site for help with CCMagic?
You might want to consider the Tutorial Getting Started with CC Magic at Nona's Sims.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 3:15 PM
Default Same problem, this is what worked for me:
Hi, I had the same problem and it would crash halfway through the rebuild. Anyway what fixed it for me was that there were some files without a tag name (example: sims3pack, object, unknown etc), turns out they were SIMS 2 mods and the rebuild didn't crash anymore when I removed them! If you still don't know why it's crashing you should check the logs!