Replies: 453 (Who?), Viewed: 23351 times.
Page 15 of 19
Field Researcher
#351 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 1:46 PM
I think there was a bit of anticipatory mystery about Werewolves. Didn't see that with HSY. In the end, it was just another usual-type Sims pack.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. - Mark Twain
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#352 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 6:22 PM
If we got fursonas (fangx) for werewolves, will fairies be the netflix adaptation of Winx tv show?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#353 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 7:28 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 10th Aug 2022 at 11:47 PM.
I had to look up what Winx was; I don't do Netflix or any kind of "TV". That said, I wish I could do that with my feet. It would take multi-tasking to a whole new level.

EDIT: So this happened today with the SDX drop.

https://twitter.com/Cherrieee91/sta...ICw2djylZ0rAAAA

Instructor
#354 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If we got fursonas (fangx) for werewolves, will fairies be the netflix adaptation of Winx tv show?

The fairies in that show don't even look like the real ones... Making them with the powers and wings of the animated series would be interesting... (As long as the game wasn't disgusting -.-)
Mad Poster
#355 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 2:21 PM

https://twitter.com/ZiggyAngeldust/...IDSgYrRtYwrAAAA

My Wedding Stories was also completely broken and still is to a large extent, but this is how things roll....
Screenshots
Instructor
#356 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 14th Aug 2022 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Typos
I decided to finally open my game, mind you this is a cc/mod free fresh game, and I had objects disappearing. I was remodeling my sims apartment and things were disappearing. I decided to cut it off at that point. I dont want to k ow what else it wrong with it. I think I'll just go back to 3 and 2. Sad thing is I do enjoy how easy it is to build in the Sims 4. I can make a house a lot faster than in the other games, but that's just me not understanding the mechanisms lol. I didn't even dare try curved walls haha
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#357 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 6:31 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 14th Aug 2022 at 7:26 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

https://twitter.com/ZiggyAngeldust/...IDSgYrRtYwrAAAA

My Wedding Stories was also completely broken and still is to a large extent, but this is how things roll....

youuuuu guys, stop! They said they're working on fixing bugs. Have some patience and show some gratidute. If you don't like this game so much, then don't play it. Don't buy it and make your own. Gawd!

At least wait it out till a certain #ish pack breaks the whole system, causing the game to crash or unable to launch without errors thrown

Mad Poster
#358 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
I decided to finally open my game, mind you this is a cc/mod free fresh game, and I had objects disappearing. I was remodeling my sims apartment and things were disappearing. I decided to cut it off at that point. I dont want to k ow what else it wrong with it. I think I'll just go back to 3 and 2. Sad thing is I do enjoy how easy it is to build in the Sims 4. I can make a house a lot faster than in the other games, but that's just me not understanding the mechanisms lol. I didn't even dare try curved walls haha

It isn't just you. The new curved walls also love to disappear.

The New Sims 4 Curved Walls Are A Joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s0dr9CS_Y

Quote:
youuuuu guys, stop! They said they're working on fixing bugs. Have some patience and show some gratidute. If you don't like this game so much, then don't play it. Don't buy it and make your own. Gawd!

At least wait it out till a certain #ish pack breaks the whole system

The people that preach about gratitude should check themselves. Twitter is crawling with said people as I'm sure they are everywhere else. One minute they're tut-tutting, the next minute they're complaining their game is broken. Apparently gratitude only applies to certain people.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#359 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 10:13 AM
But TS3 laaaaaaaaaaaaGs! I'll take bug ridden game than voluntarily opening Create A Style Lag-a-tool anyday, haterz! Have fun exploring open world with yar pudding face doll Sims

Mad Poster
#360 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 11:55 AM
Quote:
But TS3 laaaaaaaaaaaaGs! I'll take bug ridden game than voluntarily opening Create A Style Lag-a-tool anyday, haterz! Have fun exploring open world with yar pudding face doll Sims

I think the next EP is going to be about nightmares.

https://twitter.com/PTMontsims/stat...841203424378881

It has the face of crocodile, but the body of what I think is supposed to be a squirrel.

Crocodiles have rounded snoots; alligators have squared off snoots.

https://twitter.com/Crosimmer/statu...ICxteSkkaMrAAAA

TS3 squirrel.

Clearly TS4 is the best game ever.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#361 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 4:06 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 16th Aug 2022 at 4:18 PM.
Been playing around with this new pack for the past couple of weeks and I'm just in awe at how the high school aspect of the fucking high school pack feels like an afterthought. Literally every other aspect of this pack has more thought put into it than the actual school. The more I think about it, this feels less like a high school expansion pack and more like a teen game pack. While it does add some really nice CAS/Build/Buy items, a beautiful new world, and some neat interactions, the main draw of the pack is so....lifeless.

Just like active careers, going to school with your sims loses its appeal after the first day or two. In fact, it's even more monotonous than active careers. There is nothing your sims do at school that they can't do anywhere else. There aren't even any special interactions when they're in class. They just sit there for an hour. The selection of after school clubs is a joke (you either get to be a cheerleader, a football player, or a member of the computer club...that's it). Most of the classmates you'll have are maxis-made NPCs rather than the teenagers you've populated the world with, yourself. There aren't any cliques or signs of any kind of individuality from the sims around you (hell, ALL of your classmates show up to school in matching outfits EVERY DAY). There aren't any elective classes (like PE, shop, home economics, or art) to break up the monotony. There is just...zero point in going to school with your sims. There is absolutely nothing to get out of it aside from saying you did it once. Going to school doesn't even raise your sims' GPA, as far as I've seen. you have to send them to school alone for that.

Even the social media feature (which I was actually kinda excited about) gets old after the first few times.

And then...there's the bugs. Like I said before, you're gonna have every teenage NPC show up to school wearing the same two outfits.

It's probably a "feature" but I'm calling that shit a bug, because why the fuck would anyone program that in on purpose? Then there's the sneak out option that, as far as I've seen, just straight up doesn't work most of the time, and can ONLY be accessed via the window. My teen sims can't just...sneak out the door for some reason. It has to be the buggy window.

And then there's the funniest one of all: My sims' friends constantly asking her dad out to prom. Every time she brings home a classmate (EVEN HER BOYFRIEND), I get hit with a pop-up of that NPC teen asking out her grown adult father. I thought this might be a mod issue. Because there's no way in hell they'd be dumb enough to let something like that slip through the cracks. But I checked out the official forum and learned that I'm not the only one having this issue. So way to go Maxis. You once again programmed in inappropriate relationships between adults and minors

Quote:

So the farthest thing from fairies or Winx Club that you can get. Fairies that feel closer to witches than fairies. That seems pretty on brand for EA at this point.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#362 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2

And then there's the funniest one of all: My sims' friends constantly asking her dad out to prom. Every time she brings home a classmate (EVEN HER BOYFRIEND), I get hit with a pop-up of that NPC teen asking out her grown adult father. I thought this might be a mod issue. Because there's no way in hell they'd be dumb enough to let something like that slip through the cracks. But I checked out the official forum and learned that I'm not the only one having this issue. So way to go Maxis. You once again programmed in inappropriate relationships between adults and minors

Are you forgetting that in this game, flags to who can flirt don't even work (infamous toddler + adult bug). You can't really expect much from this gane anymore.

Honestly, modders, as always, might come to the rescue to rehaul and fix the high school experience. Like shown in the past, you don't an expansion to create a school if you aren't on vanilla diet. Just download and use necessary mod combination, and a little bit of creativity, and voila - you got a functional school.

@Gargoyle Cat, most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Smeg Head
#363 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Most of all, the sims themselves. "Please, somebody fight our corner and get a Restraining Order to keep Maxis away from us. I really don't want to flirt with underage kids, It really tears me up inside. Please make Maxis stop torturing us."

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#364 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:51 PM Last edited by dikosay : 17th Aug 2022 at 2:05 PM.
Quote:
Are you forgetting that in this game, flags to who can flirt don't even work (infamous toddler + adult bug). You can't really expect much from this gane anymore.

Honestly, modders, as always, might come to the rescue to rehaul and fix the high school experience. Like shown in the past, you don't an expansion to create a school if you aren't on vanilla diet. Just download and use necessary mod combination, and a little bit of creativity, and voila - you got a functional school.

@Gargoyle Cat, most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Well, this statement is going to be something that most who hangabout/visit here are going to disagree with. But I'll say it. I don't buy a pack to play them. I buy to get what they have (lots, CC, etc.) to add to my own way of play, which is why I have a serious lack of certain packs and no desire to get them. I don't play the scenarios. I care less if townies live or die (such as Goth or Pancakes) - just my own creations. I redo downloaded builds to suit my needs and seldom do my own. I do own many mods and loads of CC for my sims tho, and therefore spend the better part of a day (or two) updating them after a Maxis update. I try to play the game for fun - but the fun is earned frustratingly. It pisses me off when things don't work right - or even freakin' animals look stupid. I know everyone plays the game their own way and get whatever satisfaction they get from it their own way. My way is simply not play it the way Maxis wants me to. Hence, I would not buy HS (I don't have it) to play high school. I hated school as a teen. I do not wish to relive it (even if I could), especially now that I know what this pack is all about. If I did by it, if would only be to get the lots and CC.

But to everybody: You do you.

Mad Poster
#365 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 7:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
Well, this statement is going to be something that most who hangabout/visit here are going to disagree with. But I'll say it. I don't buy a pack to play them. I buy to get what they have (lots, CC, etc.) to add to my own way of play, which is why I have a serious lack of certain packs and no desire to get them. I don't play the scenarios. I care less if townies live or die (such as Goth or Pancakes) - just my own creations. I redo downloaded builds to suit my needs and seldom do my own. I do own many mods and loads of CC for my sims tho, and therefore spend the better part of a day (or two) updating them after a Maxis update. I try to play the game for fun - but the fun is earned frustratingly. It pisses me off when things don't work right - or even freakin' animals look stupid. I know everyone plays the game their own way and get whatever satisfaction they get from it their own way. My way is simply not play it the way Maxis wants me to. Hence, I would not buy HS (I don't have it) to play high school. I hated school as a teen. I do not wish to relive it (even if I could), especially now that I know what this pack is all about. If I did by it, if would only be to get the lots and CC.

But to everybody: You do you.

I'm not going to use a large, sweeping brush here, but how you play is more common than not. One of the reasons some people like game packs so much is because they offer bits of game play without having to buy a expansion pack. People were excited about game play kits for the same reason until Maxis destroyed the whole concept with Bust the Dust that is still busted to date.

The issue has never been how people pick, choose and make their game their own. The increasing frustration that Maxis continues to whistle past the graveyard about comes from how the game has become such a hot mess on just about every level. It used to be that CAS and Build were safe; that's no longer the case. People that have spent thousands of dollars on a new rig are having issues with lag. Maxis promises clothing will fit on feminine and masculine frames; they don't. Raging furries defying all physics so they can run and check their phone at the same time.

https://twitter.com/Cherrieee91/sta...MC-mdObrqMrAAAA

I could sit here for a long time making a list of all the problems that come with this game and it's $1,000.00 price tag; I'm not going to do that. People in the real world have been driving me nucking futs all day. I don't need to heap TS4 junk on top of the list. After dinner, I'm going outside to do yard work. Imma going to touch all the grass and enjoy it.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#366 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Personally, I think that there is a chance that either TS4 gets a total rehaul and reboot into simply a live service ‘The Sims’ game, like World of Warcraft, so that EA can continue making money off it forever- or that the next game will do so. The scope of these games mean that repeating the EP release loop is increasingly a question of sustainability- players already poke at the fact that Pets have been released four times in the franchise, and demand features like it as part of base gameplay.

I personally don’t know where this idea that EA could possibly monetize Sims 4 4eva comes from. Sims 4 was never designed to get half the stuff they’ve made for it which is why: A half of it doesn’t work, B the game is riddled with unfixable bugs ranging from annoying to game breaking, and C they have toned down the already low complexity of the content they produce and lowered their overall volume.

Throughout the entirety of Sims 4 players have begged for content that was already made for past games. The question isn’t of sustainability, Sims players will gladly buy pets a 5th time. Will they complain? Sure, but they will buy it anyway. Sims players literally rushed out to buy a broken dlc just so they could complain about it being broken. Sims players will buy anything. They will bitch about kits, then buy them all. They will bitch about their game being totally broken and unplayable and then buy the new $40 expansion.

You see EA’s master plan with Sims isn’t to make a forever game. It has never been about making a forever game. It’s about spending next to nothing and making a lot of money from it. Look at Sims 4, it is a low budget game and then EA and Maxis decided they needed to spend even less on it. Recolors, copy-paste code, recycling game assets - I mean this stuff has been going on for the last 5 years if not longer and it’s become more common now. Sims players literally eat it up and spend so much money on recycled low budget dlcs because they have trendy trailers and a lot of marketing attached to it.
Mad Poster
#367 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:46 AM
Quote:
Raging furries defying all physics so they can run and check their phone at the same time.

Well this was certainly not a sentence I ever expected to read. Definitely didn't almost spit my drink out on my computer.

Mad Poster
#368 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Well this was certainly not a sentence I ever expected to read. Definitely didn't almost spit my drink out on my computer.

It isn't a sentence I never knew I would have to use either, but here we are along with all the other shizz that is being called a AAA game. Thanks to EA's fear of the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission, we won't have to see the "Pedo Pack" advertised all over place, at least not officially anyway. EA is going to keep that on the down low.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#369 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 11:24 AM
What "pedo pack" are you referring?

Mad Poster
#370 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 12:31 PM
Quote:
What "pedo pack" are you referring?

That wasn't meant to be taken literally.

The rumor mill has been talking about some really disgusting new mods that have come out recently. I don't know all the details, but I'm also not going to mention the site's name where said mods are coming from. All I'm going to say about that is; I'm not surprised.

It's just more Maxis whistling past the graveyard AKA not dealing with anything like with all the other stuff that is going on. Doxxing, death threats, people telling other people to go kill themselves, ect...

I just did my usual morning quick trip around Twitter. Calling everybody "bestie' is out, threatening to block people is in. "The way blocking makes me feel. Better be careful what you say." Is it just me that reads these kinds of statements in a creepy voice? I'm sorry, ( not sorry) but... These people do know that Twitter is no real life. Right? Nobody walks into a grocery store and sez "If you don't sell me this pack of gum for {fill in the blank}. I'm going to block you." And if there is death threats involved, somebody would be banned from the store and arrested.

I believe it was former community manager Drake that used to campaign about how the sims community was a safe space. Aside from the fact that saying such a thing was BS to begin with, such statements really haven't aged well over the past few months. Meanwhile, the new community manager who was put in place after Kate 'volunteered' to leave is MIA, all the time. I'm not sure what Frost does, but dealing with community issues seems not to be part of his job description.
Mad Poster
#371 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 7:18 PM
The Sims fan community is a complete wreck IMO.
Field Researcher
#372 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
The Sims fan community is a complete wreck IMO.

Hummm . . . I wonder why. Certainly it couldn't be because there's something wrong with the game.

Mad Poster
#373 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
That wasn't meant to be taken literally.

The rumor mill has been talking about some really disgusting new mods that have come out recently. I don't know all the details, but I'm also not going to mention the site's name where said mods are coming from. All I'm going to say about that is; I'm not surprised.

Recent? If their the mods I'm thinking of, the discourse with that has been going on for years. I'm part of SO many modding groups on discord where they straight up ban people if they find those things in their LE's.

Alchemist
#374 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I don't buy a pack to play them. I buy to get what they have (lots, CC, etc.) to add to my own way of play, which is why I have a serious lack of certain packs and no desire to get them. I don't play the scenarios. I care less if townies live or die (such as Goth or Pancakes) - just my own creations. I redo downloaded builds to suit my needs and seldom do my own. ....My way is simply not play it the way Maxis wants me to. Hence, I would not buy HS (I don't have it) to play high school. ...If I did by it, if would only be to get the lots and CC.

This is just how I have always played Sims. I do not play the premades and TBH could care less about them. I play legacy style most often and when not create my own Sims for specific things, such as playing some of the packs. I buy mostly for the items and worlds and lot space, even though infuriating as how small the worlds are. The few EA builds I keep I tend to redo. I build like crazy and as said get irritated by the lack of build space. And the lack of CASt drives me nuts. At this point in my life I have about no interest in playing HS as just not an interest, and as said many times I still extremely dislike the fake/ridiculus/nonIMO teens, that were not even fixed in this EP. At this point, I probably will never get this even when on sale. If ever do will be for the world, probably.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
28th Aug 2022 at 5:53 AM
This message has been deleted by ShernaSims.
Mad Poster
#375 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 1:40 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 29th Aug 2022 at 1:54 PM.
One question I really do have is why High School Years (Announced June 30, Released July 28) was announced so soon after Werewolves (Released June 16), it basically immediately sucked up all the positive attention that Werewolves got, and no releases in August means that the franchise is stewing in the sour feelings that HSY had upon release. Furthermore, a later release half a month later might have mean at least a few more weeks of bugtesting, which might have resolved more of the issues the pack faced.

Is it EA trying to take advantage of kids' last month of summer holidays before school starts again? Internal office competition or issues with the high school pack programming? EA trying to buff up its quarterly earnings? Failure of the kit system (interesting how everything has gone silent on that front as I guess all hands are needed to fix HSY bugs)?
Page 15 of 19