Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 10:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default XCPT / Find out what caused Crash
So when ur game crashes, the game gives u two files- a readable one and a nonreadable one.

Im wondering if these files are possible to be read to see what the issue was that caused the crash? Or is there even a tool that allows you to know what caused the game to crash?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 5:40 AM
Around 95% of the time the crash log is useless and only really tells us that the game crashed. In the remaining 5%, sometimes we can see that the player's system is lacking sufficient resources to even run the game. There are different versions of Crash Log Analyzers available, but I've never found them to be reliable or even very helpful in most cases.

The memory dump file is always useless. We are humans, even those of us accused of having been plumbots can't make any real sense out of the 0s and 1s that occupy RAM registers.

What we have to do is familiarize ourselves with the various sets of symptoms that cause recurring crashes and essentially ignore random infrequent ones. What is it that you are currently dealing with?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 10:30 AM
The thing is, each time my game crashes its under new circumstances. It can be when im simply clicking on a sim in live mode, clicking on the hair section of cas, going into camera mode etc. Its really just whenever i load up a new action,