Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:53 PM
In reply to AquaticIce: You should probably have posted this in tech help, rather than here, as you would have gotten help quicker.
How to set up The Sims Medieval for Mods
1) Enable "testingcheatsenabled" in C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
2) Right click "Commands" and click Properties. Tick off "Read only" if it isn't already and click accept.
3) Now go back to the list in Ini and right click on "Commands" , open it using NotePad and you'll see "testingcheatsenabled=0". Change "0" to "1" and save.

Open the sims medieval install folder which can be found here:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

If you see folders called 'Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails, you’re in the right place.

Put the 'Resource.cfg' file in here, at this level, so it’s sitting with these folders.

Make a new folder called Mods.

Make a new folder called Packages. Put the Packages folder inside of the Mods folder.

Open the Packages folder and put your package files for the mods you want to use in here. This is where you would also put Grim's Core, should you decide to use it.

This is what it should look like: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages

Now, go back out of the mods folder (you should be back in the folder that contains the Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails folders and your new resource.cfg)

Open the 'Game' folder

Open the 'Bin' folder

Put the 'd3dx9_31.dll', which you can get from here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 , in the bin folder.

Here is what it should look like: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
You're all done.
Close the folders and run the game to check it all works. If it still doesn't work, please post pictures of your set up so we can look at it and see what's going on. Good luck.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:45 PM
I'm having an issue with both Teerag and Deedawg's version where if I edit an NPC, then ask about their religion, the relationship glitches. I can't see their traits in the relationship panel and I don't get the popup that shows how a conversation is going like 'x thinks x is being alluring' etc, and shortly after the game freezes or crashes.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 12:46 PM Last edited by gettp : 28th Mar 2020 at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
I'm having an issue with both Teerag and Deedawg's version where if I edit an NPC, then ask about their religion, the relationship glitches. I can't see their traits in the relationship panel and I don't get the popup that shows how a conversation is going like 'x thinks x is being alluring' etc, and shortly after the game freezes or crashes.

Both are way out of date and apparently no longer supported, abandonware. Both crash the game for me.

But the religion bug is not a problem with the mods, seems to be a game bug. It seems that editing an NPC in cas clears out the NPC's religion, which it should never be. This causes a game flaw when asking about their religion. Even using a priest/priestess to "convert" doesn't work, just causes the same crash. The only way to fix it is to kill the NPC (if you can keep it running long enough) or revert to an older save.

It's possible a mod could overcome the bug by setting the religion, but since the modding tools no longer exist and support is gone, we're basically F'd.

Edit:

I think I found a solution to the bug. Teerag and Deedawg's mods are still broken. But if you have Grim's mod, I think you can use that to fix the bug. Grim's will allow editing of the NPC sim. What you want to do is use Grim's mod to edit the sim (Sim/Edit in cas) then BEFORE you ask the sim about their religion, use Grim's mod to set the NPC's religion. "SAS Debug: Set Religion on Sim".

I tried that then asked about religion and the game didn't bug out for me. I want to run more tests but I think it works fine.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Dec 2022 at 10:42 PM
For anyone who has a trouble using this mod and Grim's Core mod together, particularly the clothes not changing, but other things are fine. Use this CAS editor on sim (change name, traits, appearance etc.) except for clothes. Then you save the changes, use Grim's Debug interactions on that sim (you have to enable them in the in-game settings) use Plan Outfit on them, then you can change their clothes and they will save. Don't forget to set the sim's religion after that (again through the debug interaction), otherwise it causes a bug with that sim.
Page 2 of 2