Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 9:12 PM
Default Assumptions you made about premade sims probably noone else made
I don‘t know how to name this, because my English is not really good enough to describe something so specific, but I‘m interested in your stories. Is there anything you just assumed to be true about certain sims, or played sims very differently from how other player‘s stories usually depict them? This is a just for fun thread.

I‘ll start.
In the German translation of the Sims 2, the Broke children are called Bernd and Detlef Braun. As Bernd and Detlef are rather old and unusual names for children, and also have a flavour of.. a certain political movement most of you probably associate with Germany, and Braun (meaning brown) is actually a term to describe someone of that mindset (because members of said movement used to wear shirts in that color, and conveniently, it’s also the color of what most people think about them), so I just assumed they were meant to be one of ‚those‘ families, who are poor and have nothing to be proud of except their heritage. I successfully made Detlef (Dustin) break this circle after being free from his father’s bad influence and becoming best friends with Darren Dreamer, and by now he‘s Lv 6 of the business career and has two sons with Pleasant noses.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 9:38 PM
"has two sons with Pleasant noses" LOL! Sorry that is what stood out to me, that would be Angela's nose I am guessing.

As to your topic question, I don't know. This Uber hood I made is really the first time I seriously played the pre mades and I wasn't really up on all the lore.

I do think in the case of the Broke's that Skip (romance sim) was cheating on Brandi (that bedroom) and that someone probably Dina murdered him. To me the friendship between Brandi and Dina is very odd because how on earth did they become friends?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 9:55 PM
I've been playing through starting with Pleasanview's 17th century colonial origins and am playing with the original ancestors of the Pleasantview families though only with the Jankowskys so far who are the first Goth ancestors to arrive in Early America so far.Andy Pleasant with her hisband Carol are the first generation of the Pleasant family to arrive in Pleasantview early on in the 17th century.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 11:19 PM
Even the Grunt description claims Buzz doesn't really notice Buck, but in my game, Buck was the one who did get attention from Buzz - he autonomously read to him, they watched the fish together and so on, and they stayed friends until Buzz died from old age.

I saw Brandi Broke as a bit of a heartthrob because everyone had the hots for her.

Admittedly I don't know how people usually view or depict Randy London, but in my game he became known as "Awkward Robin", because he really was (I'm playing the Swedish version where his name is indeed Robin).

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 11:37 PM
The term you seek is “headcanon,” coined by media fandom, which uses the term “canon” to refer to things that appear in official published sources. “Fanon” refers to interpretations and additions so popular in the fandom that most people will accept it without protest in fanfiction or discussion, and “headcanon” is for an individual fan’s assumptions and interpretation that haven’t achieved general currency.

For instance, “Olive Specter has a yard full of graves, has been widowed many times, had a child with the Grim Reaper, and enjoys hobbies like sharpening stakes and gathering mushrooms” is canon. “Olive is a serial killer because she’s in love with Grim, and also a witch” is fanon - vanilla base game mechanics don’t allow for witches, and without mods one sim cannot kill another, but no one will think twice about you using that interpretation in gameplay or a story. “Olive is a tragic, unfortunate woman whose loved ones are taken by Grim out of jealousy and who studies the ways of death hoping to defeat him” would be an interesting head canon to explore, but is unlikely to catch on.

Although I seldom play Pleasantview, my head canon for the Calientes is that Dina and Nina were raised in a poor and unstable home and wound up on the streets, where Michael Bachelor found them. He rescued them but never had the foresight to provide for them or even discuss the future with them, and died leaving them with few life skills. Dina’s pursuit of Mortimer is not so much gold digging as it is a search for security she doesn’t know how to get otherwise.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 1:30 AM
Bottom Summerdream, whatever the Summerdream family tree and the family story tries to tell you, is actually stolen, and stolen before they left Faerie for Veronaville and a human lifestyle. They saw her "abandoned" by her parents in a pram outside a house (common in Scandinavia to let babies sleep outdoors in their prams, I know it's not common everywhere and of course you check on them regularly) and decided another child was what they wanted. Then they proceeded to entertain themselves by teaching her toddler skills and caring for her, (forgetting their biological son a bit in the process), but they also forgot she might be needing a name. Not until they moved to Veronaville and had to get human piles of paperwork for themselves did Oberon remember she needed a name - in his haste he gripped the first one on his mind right then, which may have been a mistake. Bottom's family moved to Pleasantview to forget their loss.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 5:23 AM
I've started with the Pleasantview history and the town will be 420 years old by the time I get into the generation of the town the game shipped with and those families are genetic decendants of my Pleasantview residents and It would be fun to find out how their lives wouldturn out and if the town will have the same drama in the present day or if things turned out differantly.I've got ancestors of all of the Pleasantview families lined up to be created in CAS and to be moved in over the coming years.I'm ceating my own renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors and playing the backgrounds of Pleasantview families in a version cleared of any possible corruption.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 6:59 AM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Bottom Summerdream, whatever the Summerdream family tree and the family story tries to tell you, is actually stolen, and stolen before they left Faerie for Veronaville and a human lifestyle. They saw her "abandoned" by her parents in a pram outside a house (common in Scandinavia to let babies sleep outdoors in their prams, I know it's not common everywhere and of course you check on them regularly) and decided another child was what they wanted.
The Summerdreams' memories say that both Bottom and Puck were adopted. For a while now I've been wondering if adopted might be a euphemism for abducted. I'm thinking of the long tradition that fairies abduct human babies (cf the old Scottish lullaby I left my baby lying there . . . and went to gather blaeberries that my mother used to sing to me and my sister when we were children). Sometimes the fairies leave a "changeling" fairy baby to replace the child they have taken. I haven't done much with the idea yet, but recently both Oberon and Titania have been taking a strange interest in a good looking little townie boy (appropriately called Jason Fairbairn). I've never seen or read A Midsummer Night's Dream (only the short version for children in Charles and Mary Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare) but I understand that Titania and Oberon both wanting the same page boy is a major theme in the play. Both my sister and I used to be left in our pram in the garden outside the front door. The fairies never abducted us (unless of course they did, and I'm the changeling!!! ).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 11:11 AM
Don Lothario is a victim of predatory women. He can't help being so attractive!
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 1:44 PM
AndrewGloria: I love that lullaby, actually. Used to sing it with my folk music friend. I thought only Bottom was adopted! Fairy lore is pretty much the same in Scandinavia as in the British isles (and I'm sure we've borrowed a lot from eachother), so changeling stories are common here too. A boy with the name "Fairbairn" practically screams to be abducted! Or maybe he is himself a changeling?
Inventor
#12 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
“Olive is a tragic, unfortunate woman whose loved ones are taken by Grim out of jealousy and who studies the ways of death hoping to defeat him” would be an interesting head canon to explore, but is unlikely to catch on.

Ooh, I considered doing a similar storyline for her once. I don't think I pegged Grim as jealous, exactly, but that he just kinda kills sims as a matter of course. It's his job, after all. She just happened to catch his attention. Also, I considered that she hadn't meant to lose Nervous. It was all the ghosts scaring him all the time messing up his needs, which the social worker mistook for intentional neglect. (No, I don't know if ghosts can scare toddlers. I never saw or tried to get it to happen ). My plan was to have Olive and Nervous reconnect before she died, with him inheriting the house while Ophelia goes to live with Johnny's family. He would then change his name to Grimm Specter and take care of the graves, possibly by turning the house into a community graveyard. Sadly, I didn't get very far with it.
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 10:29 PM
"Ooh, I considered doing a similar storyline for her once. I don't think I pegged Grim as jealous, exactly, but that he just kinda kills sims as a matter of course. It's his job, after all. She just happened to catch his attention. Also, I considered that she hadn't meant to lose Nervous. It was all the ghosts scaring him all the time messing up his needs, which the social worker mistook for intentional neglect." - These two ideas I absolutely love! They suddenly made me take an interest in Olive Specter. A tragic woman, stalked by the Grim Reaper and living with the consequenses of it around her daily. Then giving in to the reaper's persistent attentions (for whatever reason. Can't think of a good one) and having Nervous as a result - only to have him taken away and being shamed as a neglectful parent in the eyes of Strangetown. I've certainly never seen anyone play her that way!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:09 PM
Alexander Goth's bio father is really Goopy GilsCarbo, but Bella managed to keep that a secret from Mortimer and Cassandra.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 7:24 AM
Pleasantview as was shipped in the game was really just the historical district of a larger city in the time when it takes place with some shopping districts and downtown areas which should've been already added to make the drama more realistic for the town.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Alexander Goth's bio father is really Goopy GilsCarbo, but Bella managed to keep that a secret from Mortimer and Cassandra.

The nose is a dead giveaway!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 9:35 PM
Goopy might be related to the Goth family one one side and the boy's nose looks like that because Goppy was a distant relative and both of them inherited it.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The nose is a dead giveaway!

Once he grows up, the *whole* face is a giveaway!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 12:59 AM
Pleasantview somehow reminds me of Deep Creek and Harbor Heights, Florida in that the main road going through puts me in the mind of Kings Highway, and then you have the river that reminds me of the Peace River.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 6:39 AM
Pleasantview makes me think of Partland,Maine as shipped with the game though missing some districts as the expansions for those weren't released until later though the population behaved as though they're part of a major city like Portland.The Pleasantview I'm playing is how Pleasantview got started as that Early American colonial setlement in the 17th century and my families in the town are all the original Pleasantview ancestors from the colonial origins of the town.Many of the NPC townies in my version might get remade as playable sims and I've got a way of adding more townies to mine later on.I think of the Pleasant family generation in the EA version being a couple who'd had twins unexpectedly before they were ready from an unplanned pregnancy and they were having hard time financially though trying to keep up appearances that they were still well off.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Pleasantview makes me think of Partland,Maine as shipped with the game though missing some districts as the expansions for those weren't released until later though the population behaved as though they're part of a major city like Portland.The Pleasantview I'm playing is how Pleasantview got started as that Early American colonial setlement in the 17th century and my families in the town are all the original Pleasantview ancestors from the colonial origins of the town.Many of the NPC townies in my version might get remade as playable sims and I've got a way of adding more townies to mine later on.I think of the Pleasant family generation in the EA version being a couple who'd had twins unexpectedly before they were ready from an unplanned pregnancy and they were having hard time financially though trying to keep up appearances that they were still well off.

While you might think Portland is similar to Pleasantview, this map will disabuse you of the idea.
https://ontheworldmap.com/usa/city/...tourist-map.jpg

Portland is a port city (hence the name) which was founded by English settlers in 1623.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histo...Portland,_Maine

It was for a time considered for the role of the capitol of Maine, but wiser heads prevailed and Augusta was chosen.

I lived in the city for nearly 20 years, and in almost every part of it (except the West End, where Maine Med is located)-nowadays the (Deering Oaks) park is taken over by legions of homeless people and it's become quite dangerous to walk at night.

But I remember it as a good place to live and have a vivid culture. Now it's become just another place to get through on the way to another place. Pity.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 8:52 PM
My Pleasantview is located in Maine and I used Portland as a referance to how EA's version was likely over 400 years old and already a big city missing the other districts.I suspect it would've had a lot of poor sims and a slum district as well as suburbs and the main historical distirct would be what started it all.Families that orignated the town would shift their fortumes over the history of the town from being rich to sometimes having hard times like the Pleasant family in modern day Pleasantview and the Brokes who'd been having hard times for generations.
Inventor
#23 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
These two ideas I absolutely love! They suddenly made me take an interest in Olive Specter.

Have fun with it if you decide to use any of that!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 12:19 AM
Angela Pleasant is definitely the cheerleader type; her dad is a professional athlete and she has the popularity aspiration out-of-the-box (I switched it to family when she was in college though).
Inventor
#25 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 3:35 PM
I'm not really sure what the popular headcanon is on the Ottomas family, but occasionally I play them along the lines of a somewhat dysfunctional household being led by a matriarch who is desperately living her dreams through her son. In those playthroughs, my interpretation of Dora is that when she was young she got dazzled by some handsome rake. Then she got pregnant and the guy took off. She never got the chance to go to college and, try as she might, no one wanted to marry her. So as Peter grew up, she pushed on him all the family ideals that she couldn't make true in her own life. Peter never really wanted any of it, he just wanted to date around and have fun. In my mind, it was Dora who met Samantha and 'fell in love'. She saw in the young woman a person she could guide and persuade to follow the dream of a big family with lots of children. Samantha came from a poor, neglectful family, so Dora fed her romanticized ideas about a home where she would be surrounded by love. Dora set them up, pushing Peter and Samantha into a relationship. Samantha was easy to convince. Peter not so much. Eventually, however, he caved because he's something of a mama's boy. At first, it wasn't so bad. One kid, two kids, he could handle that. Then another kid. Then twins on the way. At that point, he's mentally ready to 'check out', looking for even a brief escape in whatever affair he can muster.