Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:10 PM
Default What are your Sims 2 goals and resolutions for the New Year (2022)?
I thought it'd be cool to start a new thread like this for 2022 since there is one for 2021 already. As the title says, what are you goals and resolutions for TS2 in the upcoming new year? Do you think you'll be able to meet them?

My goals/resolutions:

-Finish making Plot of Land and release it.
I haven't been able to play much what with life responsibilities, the holidays, and now being sick all taking its toll on me.
-Populate Cutley.
I never got around to doing that in all my time invested into it. As it sits right now the nhood is dormant and I'd like to revive it for the new year.
-Do something different.
Maybe start a baby challenge, and/or try to populate an entire nhood with starting with only 2 families.
-Stop worrying so much about how my nhoods looks and more about how they play.
I tend to invest too much time into decorating homes and the hood itself that I often forget to playtest.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 9:35 PM
My goals:
-finally put together a medieval game! Recently I've been taking a break from Sims and playing Skryim, Oblivion, and Civ6. I love medieval/fantasy stuff and although the games I'm currently playing are immersive, they're not Sims.
-enjoy the game!! in fall of 2022 I will be starting veterinary school (I got my first acceptance letter! woohoo!) and will most likely be very absent in the Simming and gaming communities. I want to make the most of 2022 by focusing on hobbies and friends before I lose all of my free time.
-Reach the next generation in Luna Canyon- I've been playing this hood since May 2019. Currently, my oldest born in-game sims are in college. I think the Romana's would be very pleased with lots of little grandkids running around.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 10:51 PM
-Wrap up generation 5 of my clan,
-and get generation 7 started
-Build the Downtown gym/swimming hall I've been wanting to make
-Get my downloads folder organized,
-and stop just putting things in there willynilly without keeping track of what is what
-Also do some spring cleaning of my custom content, remove some I've used a lot already and make way for some new stuff

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 12:41 AM
- Finish round 1 (started earlier this year but this year has been beyond awful and also I spend more time reading).
- Play more

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 9:42 PM
And how is it going so far?
Mine is to give more time to play games.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 6:16 AM
I'm getting my game set up for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge and watched a YouTube video that would show what a real life version of my PEC town might've looked like.I'm playing a version of Pleasantview starting from it's beginnings as an early American colony started at the turn of the 17th century in the spring of 1600.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 1:22 AM
The year is allegedly starting to come to a close, so I wanted to check back on this.

Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
-Wrap up generation 5 of my clan,
-and get generation 7 started
-Build the Downtown gym/swimming hall I've been wanting to make
-Get my downloads folder organized,
-and stop just putting things in there willynilly without keeping track of what is what
-Also do some spring cleaning of my custom content, remove some I've used a lot already and make way for some new stuff

-Did that just recently
-and that too - I wasn't sure if I was gonna have time to make it before the year ended because of the so far two sims in generation 6 I thought it was gonna come down to the family sim, but then an alien abduction of her older brother happened.
-Done.
-No.
-Lol. Nope.
-Done.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
- Finish round 1 (started earlier this year but this year has been beyond awful and also I spend more time reading).
- Play more

Well I did finish round 1. I'm on round 2 now lol. But this year has also been really hard.

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 3:50 PM
Great that you got to complete that goal, though . Even if it's just sims 2 it's still nice to see something finished that you wanted to finish.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 8:14 PM
I've been playing my first settlers in Pleasant Valley and they're still in early spring though they've strted to build their house on the homestead.I've also seen them working on the service center getting it's building up.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 8:50 PM
Same as last year, I barely made any progress on those since my laptop died at the end of last year and I only got a new one in June.
Link Ninja
#12 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 10:23 PM
First, Revisiting last year's goals to review, and you know what? it was a PRODUCTIVE year (for once!)

Quote:
2022 goals:

1. Make a posebox for children sitting on the ground
2. Update my story for real-real again
3. Work more on organizing downloads, even merge some some
4. Have at least one of my artisan good businesses startup (I have two vineyards and a meadery sitting empty)
5. Create a Senior Center
6. Replace the gym in Memosa Bay with something better
7. re-vamp the graduation lots in the uni subhoods
8. Edit my hobby pinboard cc to gain hobby enthusiasm
9. update my neighborhood thread since a ton of stuff has happened from 2020-2021 in it
10. Archive my 2019 sim pics and delete out any that I will never use from 2021.

1. I made this posebox! It had some issues so I never released it, but I MADE it.
2. Sadly, the story I was referencing in this I have not, BUT, I did start like three NEW stories plus a vignette series. Watch me make it my goal to finish them and then not do it.
3. I worked on it...
4. Sadly, these are still sitting empty and I've only created more (like a coffee and a tea farm!)
5. I created a senior retirement village and JUST moved some sims in there <3
6. Yes! I download the gym from curlicue sims in tumblr and it works great!
7. I started on this, but not sure if I finished them all...
8. Did not do this, unfortunately.
9. I updated in JUNE! That's better than nothing. I'm heavily considering another update...
10. Yes! It was made easy by the fact I got a new computer this year, but 2019 pics are all archived!

With that being said, here are the simming 2023 goals

1. Make a phone accessory based on the maxis phone receiver
2. For real-real start up one of those artisan businesses
3. Graduate at least 10 sims that are almost being held hostage at this point in Uni
4. MORE BABIES. My goal for 2023 is to have at least 10 new babies! My hood is going to suffer from a population collapse if I don't do something y'all.
5. Fix and release the previously mentioned child-sitting-on-the-ground posebox
6. Write up or do a video/workshop/tutorial about how to spice up Sim Vacations
7. Finish the story about my teens on winter Vacation
8. Update my hood thread again.
9. Maybe get RPC Launcher again and see if it works better for my game
10. Try to make a couples posebox and not fail in my goal again (I think I put this down in 2020 and didn't do it)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Great that you got to complete that goal, though . Even if it's just sims 2 it's still nice to see something finished that you wanted to finish.

Yes, it is

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Dec 2022 at 4:39 AM
@wickedjr89 -It's great that we've managed to fill out at least some of our goals for TS2 like my getting a Pleasantview paythrough started and playing though the first year of the town with the Jankwoskys as Goth family ancestors.I've got to update my RPC launcher soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 4:51 AM
Sucks, I look back at this thread and realized I've been so busy with real life that I haven't had much time for playing at all. I did populate cutley, though only 3 families were made. Progress I guess? Never finished Plot of Land 'hood, I wanted to so bad believe me, but real life just got in the way.

Anway I can't believe a new year is upon us already. I made this thread one year ago and feels like not that long ago actually. Glad to see others have been able to meet their goals and to see some are still enjoying the game. Keep playing, keep creating, and I'll see you in the new year!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 5:57 AM
@HarVee -I wouldn't fall too badly about it when I was only starting my Pleasantview playthrough and am only working with one family living there in the new colony so far and others have yet to arrive.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 6:14 AM
@TadOlson

Nah I don't feel bad about it as much as maybe I should... Each year that goes by I just get less and less time for playing TS2. That's all.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 10:09 AM
@HarVee I take ages to build hoods- I'm still working on a few I started several years ago! So maybe Plot Of Land will be finished one day.
Link Ninja
#19 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@HarVee I take ages to build hoods- I'm still working on a few I started several years ago! So maybe Plot Of Land will be finished one day.

I feel likehoods are never 'finished' they always are changing like a real civilization.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 4:46 PM
In my previous life as a model railway enthusiast, I was aware of the maxim that a model railway should be "always complete, but never finished". I'm sure that applies every bit as much to Sims neighbourhoods. Only more so!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 9:42 PM
I feel like my Pleasantview is ready for live play and I've got a few other towns almost ready to go live with at least one residential lot and one community lot though it's starting from scratch.