Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 5-JUL-2016) Set The Table & Call To Meal

by icarus_allsorts Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 2:02 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2016 at 7:47 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 189 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#76 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Indeed, that´s awesome! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM
That's awesome. This will be 20% cooler than a swarm of sims and some are complaining, because they didn't get the meal. ;)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:16 PM
very nice :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:25 AM
I'm done this is incredible... Thank You :)

Also you know this slower eating mod would be wonderful with this mod! I haven't test it out yet, but I know its going to be a great combination.
link to mod if anyone's interested http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=529986 ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:38 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
Have this in sims 2 so I am hoping it works as well or better in 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:06 AM
Really great idea, haven't loaded this up yet, but I'm certain it'll work just fine. Much better than just the regular "call to meal" option.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:12 AM
Awesome!! Thanks! : )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:37 AM
You're so beautiful, Icarus. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:22 PM
Thank you! Family meals are back on in my sim world! This mod is awesome, it is like the action the sims took in 2 when serving a meal, but way better because I can choose who I want to call to the meal and serve them all together instead of just placing meals randomly around the house or having a starving swarm of sims that forget how to walk around stuff like in 3. Thanks again :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
Thank you so much for this! I've wanted this since The Sims 3 came out. All your mods are just fantastic, thank you so much!! I really hope you keep making mods for Sims 3 :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:10 AM
I really like this mod, it's very helpful when I want my sims to have a "family meal". Thanks so much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:11 PM
Ty!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:33 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#90 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:53 PM
Great mod. Now sims can sit together and eat.

Now if only sims actually talked when eating...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#91 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:57 PM
Wow, what a great mod! I can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
Sweet. I was looking for a mod like this for 3 months, but now i found it! You just read my mind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
Thank you very much! I will enjoy this mod in my game, it agitated me that sims don't set the table! (then again, neither do my parents. :3) My sims would all eat at weird periods of time, not eating what they were supposed to be eating! Like juice boxes. Seriously? xD I wish someone makes a mod for tht, too.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#94 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:26 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
THIS IS PERFECT I love you.

Seriously I've been searching for AGES for something like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:34 AM
Dearest Icarus,Thank you so much for the mod. I tried it and it works like a charm,i absolutely love love love it that my sims can eat peacefully and as a family now without screaming at each other -_- Now all my simmies get food and you were right! they do access the table/food more easily than before <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:52 PM
I was just saying I missed this from Sims 2! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#98 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:27 AM
Great idea, great mod..

But I hate to be the one who says "Not quite working correctly".

Have you tested this mod with vampire teens?

I have an odd issue relating to them. I can select various family members using a teen and the menu, the teen will place the plates no problem so far.. but then! No teens get called! The plates are there, but the teens don't get called, and clicking on the plates only shows two options "Put away left overs" or "clean up". The teens cannot eat. Oddly, adults get called just fine.

Same situation if the adult calls them, teens do not get called.

Has anyone else seen this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:47 AM
Thank you!! I think this (besides ofb/ft & ffs/tss) is what I missed most from TS2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
The plates are there, but the teens don't get called, and clicking on the plates only shows two options "Put away left overs" or "clean up". The teens cannot eat.

Was the meal being served either Mac And Cheese, Autumn Salad, or Waffles? Because for some reason or another EA blocked teens and children from eating single servings of these recipes even though they are not blocked from eating them if they had grabbed the plate or bowl from a group serving the usual way. This behavior has nothing to do with this mod though, just tried laying out SINGLE servings of Autumn Salad and Mac And Cheese in a game WITHOUT any mods and the Eat interaction doesn't appear for child and teen sims like you've noticed.

I suppose I could make the mod ignore the restriction to get around it though it would be much more straightforward and preferable to fix it externally by editing the RecipeMasterList XML and removing the "AdultOnly" line for the above mentioned recipes since it is really an absurd restriction. Thanks for the report.
Page 4 of 9