Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 5-JUL-2016) Set The Table & Call To Meal

by icarus_allsorts Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 2:02 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2016 at 7:47 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 189 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:02 AM
BRAVISSIMO! et Merci!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:05 PM
love it cant play me game without it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:07 PM
This is a great mod! It works perfectly in my game. Thank you so much!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 12:02 PM
I just love this mod because I don't need to "force" my sims to sit on the chair again so they could eat together. Thank you! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:04 PM
I am SO super thankful for this mod! Just watched it in action, and I cant ever play without it again. What's even better, is that not everyone is home, and I thought he would serve at the long dining table, but he served at the small round table in the kitchen, that perfectly fit the family members who were home. They hardly ever use that round table, so I'm a happy camper right now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
"Removed the seemingly unnecessary block EA put against teenagers and children from eating specifically single servings of Mac And Cheese, Autumn Salad and Waffles (seriously, if anyone can even come up with a plausible reason for why these 3 particular recipes are labelled as "adult only" in game do share). Thanks to iforgot for calling this to attention."
Thank you! THANK YOU! It was driving me mad! I thought its some mod that messes this up so i tried it without mods but they still could not eat... Blessed be the second i thought about pressing on this mod! I even tried retuner to find if teens/children are not in age categories allowed, but could not find the dishes separately. THE JUSTICE IS RESTORED!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#207 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for the recent addition of the number of servings--it's really useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:08 PM
thak you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#209 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by pandabb : 24th Aug 2017 at 9:28 PM.
Hi, I wanted to use this mod, it worked the first 3 or 4 times and now it just makes my game crash D: My sim was serving mac&cheese, and when I started picking people up to eat, it'd crash when I select the kid in my family... That food being in the list of the EA block (I wasn't even aware of lol) could it be the reason it crashes? I don't get why though... So I'll just avoid the concerned food for now but this aside this is such an awesome mod, no more people whining to get to the fridge or big plate, thank you!!!

Edit: nevermind your mod had absolutely nothing to do with it your mod is 100% awesome :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#210 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:35 PM
Thank you soooo much! It always bothered me not being able to set the table like you can in Sims 2~
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:47 AM
Well... On one hand, this mod does indeed make it easier to serve group meals without everyone stepping on eachothers' toes, which is especially good for larger households. However, I don't like the fact that it's a replacement interaction instead of a separate one. In real life, at least in my family, it's normal for each member to get their own plate and load it up with as much food as they want before sitting down. So, my only complaint is that I'm stuck with one interaction and can't have both.
Mad Poster
#212 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:25 AM
I've sometimes mistakenly though my TS2 game suddenly had the world opened up after starting to use this Mod because mealtimes looked more like the TS2 mealtimes.I love being able to make this game seem more like TS2 which is the other version I love.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:48 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#214 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:23 PM
I can't thank you enough for this. Mealtime sucked in Sims 3. Everybody fighting for their place in line, elbowing each other to be the first, wolfing down food. lol This makes it more like Sims 2 when the whole family could eat together at the same time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#215 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:34 PM
Its about God Damn time someone came up wit this. Idk if someone has already tho lmao.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#216 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Thank s a lot!!!
Field Researcher
#217 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:33 PM
I really wish this allowed me to choose between replacing all the interactions and adding one, it makes it super hard to play with and I've had to uninstall it. I love the mod but it's such a pain to not be able to work with it smoothly.

It would be nice if I could have it as call to meal and set table for....including guests, household, and group. Also the serving number was always wrong.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:22 PM
Works PERFECTLY! Thanks so much :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#219 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:42 AM
Gonna try this out tomorrow as I just found this mod and it's late.
I am from a large family so I love to play large families. It always bothered me that they would line up cafeteria style.
Than k you so much for bringing families back together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:27 AM
I wish I had that option in The Sims 4 :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#221 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 4:34 AM
Wonderful!!!

Problems solved:
- everyone trying to grab a plate, causing routing issues
- calling everyone, then having to cancel the action for vampires and sims who aren't hungry
- don't have to call all guests--they are listed with family in the list

I usually have around 10-16 sims in my main household. A plate of food won't feed them all. I had to check them to see who is hungriest, and tell each of them to grab a plate. It was chaos around the plate. I would try to stagger them, but if I waited too long, someone would put away the leftovers and the "grab a plate" action would be canceled for the rest of them. Then, the first sims to the table would be done before the last one got there.

Now, I can tell someone to call to meal and choose who to call. I can pull more than one plate of leftovers from the fridge and direct sims to serve each of them. I choose 8 hungry sims (because that's how many the table seats). They all walk straight to their chairs, sit down, and enjoy a meal together.

Another great mod from icarus_allsorts ! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#222 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 4:46 PM
thanks! I'd love those creative modders would coming back...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 3:54 PM
I play with big families quite often so this is going to be very useful, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 4:28 AM
greetings!! where does this file get placed. overrides or packages.
Test Subject
#225 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 12:01 AM
This used to work for me on my old PC, they would set a place down for each person. But now when I call them, they all go and try to grab a plate at the same time.
Page 9 of 9