Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Name the Father

by kestrellyn Posted 12th Jan 2020 at 1:54 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2024 at 2:39 AM by kestrellyn

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 4:03 PM
Yay, now our sims can have modern families; thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 8:20 PM
This is awesome, I've always wanted my non biological fathers to think the babies are theirs! Thank you.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 3:30 AM
Great hack ! Can you sent this to the REAL WORLD? LMAO

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 3:13 PM
This is exactly what I need for my "fatherhood isn't a thing" tribal game! The only problem: it doesn't work with Chris Hatch's alternate pregnancy controller, which I use, and which apparently always sets the biological father as the second parent. I'm really upset about this because I need both mods...

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 5:52 PM
There's nothing I can do about that unless I want to make my own version of the alternate pregnancy controller, and since I don't really know what it does there's no way I could support it. Someone else who does know what it does could modify it, though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 7:09 PM
Popping back in to say I have taken out the alternate pregnancy controller and it's now working brilliantly. Also, I want to let you know that your work is very much appreciated by this simmer! Thank you kestrellyn!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 7:35 PM
This is a brilliant idea! I LOVE IT!
I really feel like I want to start a new neighbourhood just for the sake of having really sensible family trees.
Love it, love it, love it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 7:44 PM
I've never had a female Sim cheat and get pregnant. What kind of game are you playing? O.o
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 7:47 PM
In this case "sperm donors" is just a guy WooHooing a lesbian? xD Or is there a mod for that?

Also, what about choosing the mother? Gay men exist, and not everyone has a fantastic birth mother. I do, I'm just saying. I'm not offended, it's more like perfectionism.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 8:15 PM
There are plenty of mods (or even just cheats) that allow anyone to get pregnant with anyone.

I thought about maybe being able to choose both parents, but it seems like if you wanted to a full-out surrogacy thing, you'd be better off just putting the baby up for adoption and having the parents you wanted it to have just adopt it the regular way. Everyone will get proper memories and want satisfaction, and you won't have to worry about possibly having to move the baby to a new household.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:47 AM
Thank you so much! Been looking for a mod like this for a long time!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 9:27 AM Last edited by FemGamerPlayer : 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:22 AM.
Thank you! I don't have SimBlender so I have to go into SimPE every time I want to change the father- and it was getting really, really, REALLY annoying! This hack should have been made long ago.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 1:50 AM
Maybe something conflicted. After installing it, my sim gave birth and launched an error, the baby would get stuck and nobody could interact with him. Only after removing it the error stopped
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 2:48 AM
I actually just encountered this error myself - it should be fixed now, please redownload!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 9:16 PM
Thank you ! It worked ! My lesbian single mom has now a kid without a father and that's exactly what I wanted !

Can I ask if you can also make a "Name the mother" mod ? So two gay male Sims calling on a surrogate mother can be both parents. Once she gave birth, she moves out and tadaaaaa.

I share my CC here !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 9:53 PM
Like I said above, I think a better solution to a surrogacy situation is to just put the baby up for adoption and then have the gay parents adopt it. That way, the surrogate doesn't even have to live in the same household. Also, it would be harder to come up with a list of potential parents for a surrogate situation, because you might have used hacks to cause the pregnancy and the second parent might not even be someone the surrogate knows, so you would be stuck clicking through menus for every sim in the neighborhood.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 8:39 PM
Wonderful ! Love this idea and it must have been a tough mod to create.
A little question : Does the biological father still appear somewhere in the gameplay / UI or will it totally disappear after the birth ? As in, years after, the teen tries to find his biological father by asking mom (or someone else). ;)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 9:49 PM
He won't appear anywhere in the game, he just contributes DNA.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 4:04 PM
Will this allow the bio father and adoptive father to both b recognized or just one?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 4:40 PM
Just the adoptive father. Certain things in the game won't work right if there are more than two parents.
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Just the adoptive father. Certain things in the game won't work right if there are more than two parents.

Okay thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 6:47 PM
É muito mais realista! Obrigada!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:03 AM
Thanks a lot for this mod, i really appreciate your work
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 8:51 AM
Does the biological father still get flagged as family?
Page 1 of 2