Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 8:25 PM Last edited by bluegirl45 : 8th Aug 2013 at 12:11 AM.
Default Apocalypse Challenge
Story:
You schedule a family reunion, it has been so long since you've seen each other! The family arrives and you eat dinner together. For years scientists has predicted an apocalypse is coming but nobody knows anything beyond that. You turn on the news and you hear that the apocalypse is starts on Tuesday 12AM lasts two weeks exactly. You aren't alone, your family is by your side.

Start with one female elder, one male elder; they must be married, they must be the parents of either YA. One female young adult, one male adult; they must be married. Two children of any gender; one teen of any gender and a toddler of any gender; they must all be the offspring of the young adults. Looks and traits don't matter.

Rules:
  • When you start the town, click edit town in the options and delete the school. Aging is disabled here so you won't have to worry about the kids not aging up well.
  • The apocalypse begins in two days, on Tuesday at 12:00 AM.
  • Once the apocalypse begins; nobody can come in the house. If they are too late to get into the house, they can't come inside and must stand out there until they die.
  • No maid service, cancel your newspaper service at least before the apocalypse begins, no police, no firefighters, no adoption, no pizza, no repairman.
  • When you make food, you must have the ingredients on hand. NO quick meals!
  • You can't talk to anyone outside your family, if someone comes to your house, don't answer the door.
  • Disable aging, suppress opportunities.
  • You leave your house during the apocalypse, you aren't coming back!
  • The apocalypse ends two Tuesdays later at 12AM.
  • No jobs for anyone!
  • Take an empty lot, you may have one "motherlode" but that's it.
  • Type in "familyfunds 'family name here' 0" to set your money to zero. (look it up if you nothing about cheats) You earn money without any kind of job and use that money to buy food or loot wild plants. {Note: This ONLY applies before the apocalypse, you still can't leave after it begins!}
  • You can use any town but I recommend Sunset Valley.
  • This is a nice challenge for the Seasons pack, make the weather bizarre like it is! If you don't have it, just use your I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N.

Score:
  • +100 Survive the apocalypse (plus 20+ for every survivor.)
  • - 30 per person that dies or gets taken away by social workers
  • +15 for every burglar and fire handled
  • +20 for every time someone masters any skill

Wrapup:
If you have any comments on this, please let me know. Even if you any complaints about it, post them in a respectable manner. All feedback is welcome. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you are doing this challenge, it would be nice to see the families you put together!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:30 AM
Cool challenge bluegirl45, I just want to point out a few conflictions

Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
You earn money without any kind of job and use that money to buy food or loot wild plants.

This was in your list of rules however you also ruled that you cant talk to anyone other then your family and that if you leave the house during the apocalypse you die.

There's no point in earning money during the apocalypse because the only people you can talk to/earn money from are your family who could only give you money you already have. And you can't buy food because your not allowed to talk to anyone other then your family. Also you can't loot wild plants if you'll die once you leave the house.

How about amending the rules so that you have a limited budget to prepare for the apocalypse and whatever you buy will have to last you the whole two weeks.

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 12:08 AM
Sorry for the late reply! I didn't make it clear that that only applies BEFORE the apocalypse, making changes right away! Thanks for pointing that out!
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 10:32 AM
Got to try this... right away! hehee. And I'll make a few changes for myself but...yah, I think if the whole family except 2 go together, theyre safe, but someone needs to stay with toddler.lolzzz.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
Story:
You schedule a family reunion, it has been so long since you've seen each other! The family arrives and you eat dinner together. For years scientists has predicted an apocalypse is coming but nobody knows anything beyond that. You turn on the news and you hear that the apocalypse is starts on Tuesday 12AM lasts two weeks exactly. You aren't alone, your family is by your side.

Start with one female elder, one male elder; they must be married, they must be the parents of either YA. One female young adult, one male adult; they must be married. Two children of any gender; one teen of any gender and a toddler of any gender; they must all be the offspring of the young adults. Looks and traits don't matter.

Rules:
  • When you start the town, click edit town in the options and delete the school. Aging is disabled here so you won't have to worry about the kids not aging up well.
  • The apocalypse begins in two days, on Tuesday at 12:00 AM.
  • Once the apocalypse begins; nobody can come in the house. If they are too late to get into the house, they can't come inside and must stand out there until they die.
  • No maid service, cancel your newspaper service at least before the apocalypse begins, no police, no firefighters, no adoption, no pizza, no repairman.
  • When you make food, you must have the ingredients on hand. NO quick meals!
  • You can't talk to anyone outside your family, if someone comes to your house, don't answer the door.
  • Disable aging, suppress opportunities.
  • You leave your house during the apocalypse, you aren't coming back!
  • The apocalypse ends two Tuesdays later at 12AM.
  • No jobs for anyone!
  • Take an empty lot, you may have one "motherlode" but that's it.
  • Type in "familyfunds 'family name here' 0" to set your money to zero. (look it up if you nothing about cheats) You earn money without any kind of job and use that money to buy food or loot wild plants. {Note: This ONLY applies before the apocalypse, you still can't leave after it begins!}
  • You can use any town but I recommend Sunset Valley.
  • This is a nice challenge for the Seasons pack, make the weather bizarre like it is! If you don't have it, just use your I-M-A-G-I-N-A-T-I-O-N.

Score:
  • +100 Survive the apocalypse (plus 20+ for every survivor.)
  • - 30 per person that dies or gets taken away by social workers
  • +15 for every burglar and fire handled
  • +20 for every time someone masters any skill

Wrapup:
If you have any comments on this, please let me know. Even if you any complaints about it, post them in a respectable manner. All feedback is welcome. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you are doing this challenge, it would be nice to see the families you put together!

This is just the slightest bit random, but I was reading the rules in a voice akin to the one the Doctor used when he spoke about the weeping angels for the first time, and the "Disable aging, suppress opportunities." Was quite funny. Anyways I really like the challenge, thanks!

Moved to Novellam.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:29 PM
Interesting. This is one of the Apocalyptic type of challenges that I'm considering trying out
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:15 AM Last edited by spikala : 30th Aug 2014 at 9:32 AM.
I'm a few days into the apocalypse now and so far it hasn't been much of a struggle - probably because for the two days I had most of the family either harvesting all the produce from the community garden, fishing, or collecting every piece of scrap in town. That said, I'm having a bunch of fun and my Unlucky sim almost killed himself trying to fix the garbage disposal unit and only his amusement value for the Grim Reaper spared him.

Anyone who is really looking for a challenge survival-wise, I recommend deleting the community garden in addition to the school. It's bound to boost the fatality rate.
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:09 PM
It seems like a small challenge: Any rules to make it a bit harder?
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 5:20 PM
just putting this out there the fire blast spell added for witches in supernatural would kinda be cheating wouldn't it? also the ice blast spell.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 8:56 PM
Kind of a Bland challenge. People are more likely to lose their minds trying to juggle six sims all with 3 different life states, than they are to actually starve. This is basically house arrest.