Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane -- Kiosk, Rubbish Dump, Cemetery

by plasticbox Posted 14th Feb 2007 at 3:43 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2007 at 12:38 PM by plasticbox

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foryoubabyblue
I wonder if the Mac-thing may be related,

I don't think so .. all I do with the files on the Mac is zipping+uploading them, the game itself is on the windows box. I only mentioned the mac to underline that in all things qxpress I'm on a different planet =) ... I can't imagine that the zips themselves are any different. If anything, I think the problem is rather related to what EPs are installed on what side of the food chain (at least I seem to recall that something about how lots are packaged has changed with Pets).

Quote: Originally posted by foryoubabyblue
and to me, it's not something that stops me from using the files, just a glitch I can't figure out.

Would it be useful if I'd include *yet another* line of small print in my posts, along the lines of "if you have trouble downloading this with qxpress, try manually"? That's the only bit of possibly semi-helpful semi-info that I think has been mentioned so far (you're not the only one with qxpress problems) ...

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:02 AM
That would be helpful. It wasn't that big a deal once I figured out the work-around, just a bit odd initially.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:22 AM
OK, I'll do that next time. And thanks for getting back!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 5:18 PM
Absolutely terrific and great fun, the dump is a blast!! I love the small sizes of your lots, everyone goes for really big, but these are small in size and big on imagination thank you so much for uploading.
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:58 PM
Great lots and great work!

Thanks
Instructor
#31 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 5:51 AM
Thank you. I nabbed the kiosk because I'm building a city and I needed one. ^^

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 11:51 PM
Thank-you Love
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 8:55 PM
Plasticbox, you ROCK. I can definitely use this in Thyme.

By the way, I am mostly healed up and posting again on my blog. Just to let you know, as I know you like to visit Thyme.

:-)

http://isleofthyme.squarespace.com/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 9:57 PM
Jade, thanks for letting me know =) I've been quite RL-busy lately so I haven't visited in a while ... good to hear you're feeling better!

Instructor
#35 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 5:56 PM
These are brilliant, yet simple! They will be perfect for stories and certain scenes. Thank yous. :]
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th May 2007 at 9:10 PM
why kiosk? r u from Russia?)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:23 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 19th Jun 2007 at 2:58 PM.
Kiosk is imported from turkish, actually. Means a small garden pavillon =) But the word apparently has migrated into a few other languages too.

Test Subject
#38 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:07 AM
I love the entire backdoor lane series - it makes neighborhoods look so much more realistic. You are awesome - thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#39 Old 15th May 2007 at 10:28 PM
anyway,, looks gr8! do u usually use only original maxis' meshes? that's what I find cool)
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:23 PM
How can you come up with all these ideas?! And btw, you RULE! ;D

Swedän rules, not.
Scholar
#41 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 8:25 AM
They are fantastic. Thank you.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Field Researcher
#42 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 10:37 PM
These are fun! My sims enjoy alot, Thank You =]
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 12:54 PM
More great lots, thanks for sharing! I really enjoy running the Kiosk, nice work!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 3:36 PM
You ROCK my sims's worlds! *hugs* Thank you!

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 4:13 PM
The newsstand kiosk! <slaps forehead> What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:19 PM
You are absolutely amazing! My city sims couldn't ask for more ; ]
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 7:11 PM
You build so simply but so nicely, I love them. Thanks :D
Forum Resident
#49 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:35 AM
I love these filler lots. They looks so good in neighborhood view. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:13 PM
You make the best lots for giving a neighborhood that authentic inner/outer city feel. Thank you!
Page 2 of 3