Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: New *big* painting - Added 3 posters 24feb

by Qortex Posted 17th Feb 2005 at 9:35 AM - Updated 24th Feb 2005 at 8:12 AM by Qortex

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:13 AM
Thank You Rickd for the extra Painting Templetes!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:30 AM
Do you take requests? I'll shower you with recolours! LOL
I like framed paintings best, but I'm not complaining, no-siree
Field Researcher
#28 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:54 PM
Fantastic, love the new poster size
Forum Resident
#29 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:30 AM
Can you do a tiger ones? These are so cool thank you!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:45 AM
Truly great...
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:13 PM
hey qortex, maraming salamat as we say here in manila!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:19 PM
Great Posters Qortex! They look Wonderful in game! Thank You for the Poster Templetes as well Cant wait to make some real posters without that god awful tape maxis put on theirs. Who actualy tapes their posters like that on their wall?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:32 PM
Very, very nice! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 11:13 PM
Thank you Qortex and Cathy & RickD!!!
Inventor
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:12 PM
i tried to re-color a large bigest size poster but it shows up blue, and yes i updated the size and commited.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:08 AM
Did you use SimPE Photo Studio? Or Object Studio? Try using Photo Studio in SimPE & see if that makes a difference. Ive made a few posters with Photo Studio & they dont show up blue in game.
Inventor
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:46 PM
thats okay, i just used the older version of SimPE and it shows up now
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 11:06 PM
I just found one tiny small problem. I can't use the re-design tool on this. (I think thats what its called, the little thing that looks like swatches).

I hate those little preview pics you get in the sims2, sometimes its hard to tell what a painting is until you hang it.

I hope this is an easy fix!!! Thank you for a wonderful object!!!!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 3:26 AM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou for big ole' templates!!! I had given up on making them myself... You rock!
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 6:11 PM
can you make more poster picture sizes.
quarformate would not be bad

i love to make picture recolors,
make me happy and do some more pictures,
please !!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 6:26 PM
This looks great. I agree that the pictures on The Sims 2 are too small. Thanks!

I'm gone. I have my reasons, but I'm not going to cry about it. Do whatever you wish with whatever I made. No paysites/exchange. Credit to: Alucard
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for all the comments people

I will be releasing some more poster and painting sizes when I can get a few hours free time, that I don't spend playing Uni :joy:

SimVeggie- I think that's a minor problem with all new custom content...I can't use design tool on any new non-maxis objects unless I've already clicked one of the recolour options, even if it's the default colour.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 12:16 PM
Looks great! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 2:16 AM
Fantastic!!! Cool Object! Thank you...

Lucifer´s Angel
Inventor
#45 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:35 AM
Is there the EP ready Version of those poster and there meshes????
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:37 AM
Thankyou very much!
Alchemist
#47 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:57 PM
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with recoloring the posters. I've tried to recolor them using OW but for some reason, even though my recolor shows up as a second choice in the shopping section, it looks exactly the same as the original...so it's like it didn't "take" even though I updated all sizes, committed, and saved. I'm using SimPE .27.

Do we have to use the template-studio option to recolor the posters? If so, where exactly does the template go? And once we have recolored the poster in that way, do we end up with a package or another template? Can we share recolors made this way? If so, does the person who shares the recolor need the template also?

I'm dying to recolor these posters so please forgive me if I'm asking about this in the wrong place. :smash:

OM
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with recoloring the posters. I've tried to recolor them using OW but for some reason, even though my recolor shows up as a second choice in the shopping section, it looks exactly the same as the original...so it's like it didn't "take" even though I updated all sizes, committed, and saved. I'm using SimPE .27.

seems like I'm not the only unlucky one - I had to try 4 SimPE versions to get my recolor working. One gave me the 'blue', the other an empty package and with the third one I tried I also got 'doubles'. For me SimPE 0.20 is working properly now, I have no idea if it's ok with any other, I got fed up after trying four.

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:57 PM
Hi, I have done some recolors based on your big template! Just wanted to share them with you all I used original artwork by Acida at deviantart.com (by permission) Enjoy

Thanks to everyone who enabled simple users like me to do such cool stuff!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Acida Paintings.rar (1.41 MB, 338 downloads)
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 12:04 AM
Sorry everyone, I don't know why my pics don't thumbnail like everyone else's do.
Page 2 of 5