Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: New *big* painting - Added 3 posters 24feb

by Qortex Posted 17th Feb 2005 at 9:35 AM - Updated 24th Feb 2005 at 8:12 AM by Qortex

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:32 AM
Wow! The three paintinings are great! Thank you Lathen!
Test Subject
#52 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 2:16 AM
Your welcome and thank you!
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 2:17 AM Last edited by JLounge : 18th Mar 2005 at 12:35 PM.
Hi, first of all congratulations with your creations! They rock! I saw a large one (3 tiles) at 4 Ever Simfantasy. Its a green/yellow one in livingroom 2. I tried to recolor it (with permission), but couldn't managed it yet, I don't know why! Here's the link: http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 5:43 AM
HI JLounge, you must be special to have received permission from them! My requests went unanswered But then your creations at Simbella's are far more impressive than mine I heard that they didn't create the big painting at 4ESF to be recolroable, I don't pretend to understand why.
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 9:58 AM
Thanks for the credit Lathen, but I'm sure your creations are nice too. Where can I see them?

About that painting...I did got permission, but the reason why they didn't have recolors yet, is because they don't know either how to make it recolorable. I promised them when I found a way to do it I'll contact them. Maybe someone here who read this can?
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:16 PM
hope lathen and jlounge find a way to get the 4esf big painting recoloured. good luck guys!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:49 PM
Default Testers Wanted:*big*painting
Thank you so much of making these, I tried them out on the came and they work fine. I hope you make more beautiful ones.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 3:08 PM
Hey Lathen,
I just love Acida Paintings.rar. They're really appealing!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Suza : 21st Mar 2005 at 5:53 PM.
@ Qortex and rickd
First of all a big thank you for the great painting templates.

Am I allowed to recolor your paintings and to put it at our site *SIMPLY STYLING* for download. Also I want ask, if I´m allowed to put the original mesh to the paintings? Or should I give a link here to the paintings for the bases?
When I put the mesh to our site, of course only with credit and link to this thread. :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JLounge
Thanks for the credit Lathen, but I'm sure your creations are nice too. Where can I see them?

I don't have a website Jlounge, I mostly post my stuff as gifts in the Sims2 section of Simbella's forum.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:25 PM
These are awesome! Thank you.
Jules
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Simfull Serpent : 17th Apr 2005 at 10:32 PM.
I downloaded a set of three 'giant poster meshes' from a site a while back, can't remember where though, but it wasn't here, the mesh file names have a Q prefix so perhaps they are yours, anyway I made my own template for the two tile (no templates with the set I got) and used it for 4 of a set of 24 recolours I did.

Here is the link to the thread

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...5625#post375625

I'm planing to do more with the two and three tile, for the next pack in the collection (just rendered 4 new images to use on the 2-tile, need to make a few more to make up the 12 pack)

Here is a lo-res sample of one of the pictures I used on the 2 tile mesh recolours I've done.
"Lady on Red Take 2 - Giant Poster Version"

http://downloads.modthesims2.com/at...achmentid=52467

I'll be adding new packs to the original thread as updates when they are ready.

P.S. The thread is in the Adult Recolours section, some of my pics are not totaly suitable for juniors, be warned...
Forum Resident
#63 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:24 PM
Qortex: There are issues with recoloring your big painting when using recent versions of SimPE. I think the package-internal filenames of textures get too big (the old versions of SimPE did put some hashes and stuff into the filenames and the newer versions add something again and so the filenames get way too long).

It would be nice if you could rework the big painting using a new version of SimPE and using the scenegraph rename wizard to shorten those filenames, after that, it should be recolorable again.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 8:05 PM
Fantastic!!! Thank You!
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th May 2005 at 3:14 AM
Many thanks. I'm not fond of the small painting sizes that come with the game - at least not all the time. I tried these out and they look great in my game. Thanks to the creators of the nice recolors in this thread as well! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th May 2005 at 8:16 PM
stunning picture!
Scholar
#67 Old 20th May 2005 at 1:35 PM
fun size - thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st May 2005 at 7:33 AM
This is excellent! I have so many graphioc and digital art pieces that I have been wanting to do but they needed a large canvas. Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 30th May 2005 at 7:50 PM
I'm having a problem recoloring the biggest one. I'm using SimPE 0.35 and PSP 8. It keeps coming out looking like this:

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Should I be using photo studio instead of object workshop?
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th May 2005 at 8:53 PM
Nevermind. I figured out how to use photo studio and now it works. :sorry:
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Mishkat : 1st Jun 2005 at 7:52 AM.
Great Job Qortex! I have been using your meshes for some of my creations, made some recolors. YOu can see them here: fairies Spirited Away Princess Mononoke Victorian Elegance Picasso Final Fantasy XII Set 1 Final Fantasy XII Set 2 As you can see I mostly make manga/anime stuff

Thanks again and keep up the good work. Also thanks Rickd for the template. I tried making the template before and I just couldnt do it
Scholar
#72 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:55 PM
Oh Wow!!! These are great. Thank you so much for the templates
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 1:44 AM
Unfortunately I can't recolor either the painting or the posters. :-(((
My version of SimPE is 040.1992.25042
Please help and explain what the templates are doing in the file? I'm new at this.
Bye and thanks
Forum Resident
#74 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 4:42 PM
Perfect! I love it!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 7:47 PM
Wow, these are great! Thanks for sharing!
Page 3 of 5