Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Special effect: buyable fog

by Lethe_s Posted 10th Nov 2006 at 9:50 PM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 9:18 AM by Lethe_s

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 9:32 AM
thank you so much ^^

''Nevermore''
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 4:28 AM
The perfect edition to my haunted house! Thanks!!!!

I am in need of zelda downloads-do you have any? If so, contact me immediately and give me a link to it.
I also have a Sims 2 Website-feel free to take a look.
My S2 Website
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 12:47 AM
truly creepy
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 9:48 PM
i also have the problem that i can't find it in-game. how much does it cost and/or how does the icon look like? i have so much in my misc decoration that it's not so easy to find something there just by name.

ps: no thanks since i did that already with the thank you button after all, that's what it's for, isn't it?
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 8:36 AM
Cleaner,
it should cost 25 simoleons.
The catalog icon is kinda ugly, and looks like three semi-transparent blobs
hope that helps :D
Instructor
#56 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:47 PM
This is awesome! It will be perfect for adding the right atmosphere to spooky lots! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 6:35 AM
Thank you for posting these... but I sware I've seen it on another site before (Simslice).

But, still... great work!

Deontai, creator of Yellowbox || visit our tumblr page for more uploads!
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 8:50 PM
Wow, this is awesome! Never seen anything else like this

Teh Cool Cheese
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 4:41 AM
This is so cool I will enjoy it emensly
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:38 AM
I will use this in my disco. Fog is the one thing that was missing in my disco.

An error has occurred. Unimplemented trap.
Test Subject
#61 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM
Finally, someone understands!
FOG!!!! WEEEEEE!!!!!!
*runs into lampost*
...i'm okay..!

Hi
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:46 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 8th Aug 2009 at 2:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
This looks great! Thanks. I've got a question: would you (or anyone with permission) be interested in making a version that works like a light in that it changes textures at sundown (i.e. invisible during the day but visible at night)?

Quote: Originally posted by SDMster68

Lethe s,
Would it be possible to make this on a grander scale, as in a neighborhood object maybe like the flowers and clouds are just more stationary than the clouds.

(I am used to UnReal Map editing, where you decide how big of an area is affected. And if you want a simple mesh shape, just give me about a minute. But sadly, Sims 2 seems poor with standard mesh-building and basic effects.)

So, BRAVO, Lethe_S on all of your effects and objects!

*** Update, but not here at MTS
The beos_TellTaleLondonFog_MESH is slightly less then a 1x1 area. So eight pieces, leaving the fire open as it would be, made my 2x2 graveyard look very nice and realistic, folks. But in-game, I cannot click the ground or anything under this fog, it seems?

... Jim ...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 2:25 PM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 21st Aug 2009 at 9:32 PM.
Default Volcano Island fogged-in
I finally figured-out a decent and relatively safe usage for beos_TellTaleLondonFog_MESH with its in-game problem of "no ground touching".

(Those outer water areas are rarely, if ever used, and as long as I stay away from the land, the fog's problem isn't even in the way.)

Sorry to bother you, here...
But the site, where I got this fog from, seems pretty dead.

... Jim ...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 9:28 PM
plz upload the pink 1!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 5:28 PM
I want it for sims 3!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:22 PM
cool!!! thanks soooooooooooooooooo much!!! (I mean as long as I don't have issues with this )
Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
Default Cool!
This would be wonderful (Or Better Blood! ) for movies
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:04 AM
Very awsome, are you thinking of making a red recolour for Dark Witch dungeons and dark themed lots
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:32 AM
OMIGOD!!!! THAAAAANNNKKKYYYYYYOOOOOUUUUU!!!!! I SO BADLY NEEDED THIS FOR MY SIM!!! (His not gothic, but his backyard needs fog) ONCE AGAIN, THANK WOOOO!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:57 PM
WHOA its perfect if you need a bit of seasons !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:28 PM
Thank you!! it's so cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 7:19 PM
ooh ooh ooh! I'm doinga horror sims 2 movie with 2 familys and 2 friends they are kids, boy and girl, the girl's mum married the girl's father for the money and this is great for when she erm, kindly pokes him with a razor sharp knife...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:54 AM
I love it so much! Thanks for sharing. For some reason in game my person sat on it. None of my others did it, just this person. It was fairly strange...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 3:45 PM
This fog is so perfect. Great for my gothika's graveyard! She is meditating right now in the foggy graveyard, in the fog ! very impressed Thank you! Going to have a browse and see if you have other stuff now
Bunned
THANKS POST
#75 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:51 AM
This fog looks awesome in my haunted/graveyard lots, I just love this creation so much. Thank you, thank you!
Page 3 of 4