Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod - Updated For Island Paradise/Patch 1.55

by aikea guinea Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 8:53 AM - Updated 28th Oct 2013 at 7:08 PM by aikea guinea : EP update

249 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#176 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honey32
It stopped working for me to when i'm trying to take pictures of a sim the camera will just drift i can't controll it at all.are it'll be jerky are move very slowly and if i stop it'll still be moving slowly. when removed the camera then works normally seemed to have gotten this way after patch 1.50 seems no camera mod works for me now

I'm fully patched and haven't had any problems at all. I don't know what to tell you, but I'm sorry it's not working for you.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Scholar
#177 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajy0903
You said:

And I have University Life.
I think it doesn't work with patch 1.50.56.021001
Can you please update to it?

I have to agree with ajy0903... I'm running patch 1.50 (LATEST) and I have the latest Expansion Pack is the University.. Your package conflicts the videocamera.ini file...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#178 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:08 PM
Is this mod compatible with update 1.55?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#179 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 11:02 PM
I've just uploaded an Island Paradise/patch 1.55 version. PLEASE let me know if you run into any issues with it as I haven't patched yet, and don't have any plans to get IP for a while. I edited a videocamera.ini file that was sent to me, so it should work.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 9:36 PM
Makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#181 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:54 PM
i place the package in Mods/packages but dont work ((
Test Subject
#182 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:13 AM
I had issues while taking pictures of a 3 story houseboat I created tonight. The camera would act almost as if the mod wasn't there, but not all the time, only some of the time. It was quite strange. I didn't see any discernible difference when I tried going up or down levels, the camera zoomed around terribly fast regardless. Not sure if this is a glitch with houseboats, or what.
Test Subject
#183 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blissfully24
I had issues while taking pictures of a 3 story houseboat I created tonight. The camera would act almost as if the mod wasn't there, but not all the time, only some of the time. It was quite strange. I didn't see any discernible difference when I tried going up or down levels, the camera zoomed around terribly fast regardless. Not sure if this is a glitch with houseboats, or what.

I'm having this exact same problem. Also if I go into free cam mode while the house boat is moving, the frame will freeze and when leaving free cam mode, the house boat will be far away. And sometimes when I go into free cam mode, every piece of furniture will go into hide mode unless i'm at a very, very, specific angle on the boat. It's quite maddening!

Either way, I still love this mod and hope this issue can be fixed at some point in the future.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Confusional : 21st Jul 2013 at 12:48 AM.
Hi there!
I love this mod, but the thing is that my derpduration will not change unless I take this mod out. I think that the mod conflicts with videocamera.ini, but I'm not sure. I also have Island Paradise installed so I downloaded the updates version that says IP. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at this, but I really do love this mod. Makes filming WAY easier.
That's the only problem I have with this mod though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm definitely having a jerky/lag problem as well. I have all the expansions and patched up to 1.55 and i'm using the IP version. Going to take it out and see if there's a difference.
Test Subject
#186 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:56 PM
Mod not installed? Ok so when i extract the zip folder to my C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Package folder it won't install when im in the game. When im at the loading screen/family select the mods installed pop up and the mod isn't on the list. When i'm in game everything is like normal, i dont see any changes in the camera in tab mode. I know i'm not doing anything wrong here, Help please?
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:17 PM
This mod definently does do what it says on the tin, it does stop that annoying drift effect, which means you do get more noticeable precision when you wanna do static camera angles.

However i think i have noticed one problem it causes. It seems that it stops you adjusting the speed when it comes to those fancy lerping shots. No matter how many seconds i change the lerping effect to in that video cam file, lerping now always goes the same speed (and a speed that doesnt move that slow)
Test Subject
#188 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:32 AM
i love this mod....the only problem is when i tried to change the lerp duration to 28 or 30 and when i go to camera mod. It's as if nothing is change. The camera still moves very fast. But at the same time i dont want to remove the mod because i could place the camera in an angle that i wanted. But i also want that slow motion dramatic effect. I hope this mod gets fix because i really love it! keep up the good work!!
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 8:21 PM
For anyone else unable to find your GameData folder (as was the case for me) I finally realized I don't have an Electronic Arts folder for game install because I downloaded game from Origin. If you did also, it's in C:\Program Files (x86 if applicable)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData. With that said, I am still puzzled about the install instructions here. It says to allow the file to overwrite the other .ini file, however, the file extracted from the .rar is a package. ??

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 3:36 PM
does it work with patch 1.57?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 12:58 AM
Thank you!! Taking photos was so hard with the build in camera... :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:30 AM
Amazing experience. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 4:35 AM
Thanks you for the mod! Its awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 9:04 PM
Amazing! It makes taking photos so much easier :DD Thanks for making this!
Field Researcher
#195 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 9:15 AM
I noticed that the free camera's tilt function stopped working when I used the mod with patch 1.63. I did use the IP version.

The Macaron Family - A Berry Sweet Random Legacy TS4¨
Twisted Color - A Random Rainbowcy TS3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#196 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruhurricane
I noticed that the free camera's tilt function stopped working when I used the mod with patch 1.63. I did use the IP version.

I'm not having any issues in my game at all. I don't know what to tell you.

Field Researcher
#197 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
I'm not having any issues in my game at all. I don't know what to tell you.

Okay, thanks for checking. I will test it in a few other saves as well and see if it's possibly related only to the IP save.

The Macaron Family - A Berry Sweet Random Legacy TS4¨
Twisted Color - A Random Rainbowcy TS3
Test Subject
#198 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 11:26 AM
not working for me as well...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#199 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 4:32 PM
Can't play my game whithout this mod. Many thanks !
Field Researcher
#200 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 2:52 AM
I've just updated everything to 1.63 (installed through Seasons) and put the IP mod in, which caused my game to be really laggy...I put the "old" mod in and the game went back to working just fine. I've not tried it in other worlds so can't speak to that. Just wanted to let people know re: 1.63. I've got IP so, when I install it, will put the other mod in and hope for the best!
Page 8 of 10