Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:52 PM
Default 2018 Secret Santa: Gifts
I was planning to post this tomorrow, but a few of the Santas are sending their gifts a little early.

This thread is just a place for the recipients to show off the gifts that they received, if they so choose.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 2:25 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Dec 2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo
:lovestruc My Secret Santa gave me a Bird-watching mod! :lovestruc

My Santa (I don't know if I'm allowed to say who she/he is yet) has also given me a mod to stop those infuriating "Why haven't you been in touch?" phone calls. I haven't been able to test that yet, because it's still too early in the day, but when it gets to 4 p.m. in Jamie and Jihoon's house I'll soon know. Jamie has reason to hate those calls even more than any of my other Sims. Jihoon, his housemate, is an ex-townie and has lots of townie friends. Jihoon also has a job that starts at 5 p.m. most days. So the carpool turns up at 4 p.m. So, just as he leaves, the 'phone starts to ring, as all Jihoon's "friends" start phoning up to complain that he hasn't been keeping in touch. "Hi Jamie. Is Jihoon there?" "No, he's at work." "Hi Jamie. Is Jihoon there?" "No! He's at work!" "Hi Jamie. Is Jihoon there?" "NO!!!!!" "GRRRR!!!!!!!" Poor Jamie is just about tearing his hair out. It goes on every working day for about two hours! The only relief is on Jihoon's days off, when he's at least there to answer his own calls. Jamie has got into the habit of ignoring the 'phone and letting it ring. Until today that is! Hopefully today at 4 p.m. the 'phone will stay mercifully silent! I'll let you know!

Thanks Santa! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 6:05 PM Last edited by simsample : 6th Jan 2019 at 12:39 PM.
Happy holidays everyone!

I received a lovely gift from my Secret Santa! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who it is or if I'm allowed to share the gift yet, but I'll post some pictures anyway.

As you can see, my sims will have fun for the rest of the holiday in their vacation house! They still haven't tried out the chess board, or looked through the telescope on the upper balcony.

Thank you, Secret Santa! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:36 PM
I figure you can reveal your Santa if you'd like, but it might be a better idea if they revealed themselves.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Hopefully today at 4 p.m. the 'phone will stay mercifully silent! I'll let you know!

It's 4 p.m. and Jamie's telephone is silent!! No whining calls from Jihoon's "friends". It worked! IT WORKED!!!

Thank you Santa! Thank you! Jamie loves you!! :lovestruc

---------------------------

I give my recipient permission to reveal my name. Sharing should be ok too, but I'll PM you about it.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 4:17 AM
I got this cute child outfit that I recently discovered from FreeTime converted to all ages so I would actually be able to use it in my normal gameplay, since I generally don't buy clothes for children, lol. Thanks, it looks great!

My Santa said I could share it... are we meant to upload the gift here if we want to share it, or let the Santa upload it publicly on their own account, since they made it?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:48 AM
I'd just share the link that they gave you for it. If Santa wants to upload it to MTS later on, they can do that.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 5:53 PM
Sunrader was my secret santa and I got a custom architecture career with gender neutral pronouns. Awesome! Can't wait to have my sims be architects.

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'd just share the link that they gave you for it. If Santa wants to upload it to MTS later on, they can do that.

Oh of course, that makes sense. Here is the link to the outfit if anyone else wants it: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/900077/
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 3:42 AM
My Santa gave me a Police Station! Well, not just that, it has anything you could want regarding the law. And it looks really cool. Thank you, Santa.

https://www.simfileshare.net/download/898470/
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:02 PM
I shared the gift I made for Charity to MTS if anyone here is interested: link to post

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Aysarth : 30th Dec 2018 at 10:08 AM.
My Secret Santa kindly gave me some children's underwear, swimwear and sleepwear with Sexy Feet. I would upload pictures, but I am getting "Not a valid image" error messages when I try. I will try again tomorrow.

Thank you Santa!

Edited to add: And today she can upload pictures! The first shot is Charity's pre- Santa gift, Pawz replaced with Feetz!

And more choices for my kids from my official Santa. Its nice to have some variation in their options.

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:00 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm now allowed to tell you that @AndrewGloria was my secret santa who built the beautiful glass house.

You can get it here:
https://www.simfileshare.net/download/896294/

It requires Uni, NL & OFB, plus the swing from Phaenoh's playground set. All other required CC is included in the Sims2Pack.

I've been playing it for the last couple of days as a vacation home, and it works well with no routing problems. The sims seem to like it very much.

Thank you AndrewGloria! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 11:51 AM
My Santa's gift was two most adorable pets, one cat and one dog (cairn terrier)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:50 PM
Of course, seeing as I'm the only one who really makes pets, it should be obvious who.

I plan to upload them at some point to MTS in the future, if there's no objections.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:51 AM
Aren't Cairn Terriers supposed to have black faces (having had one myself)?

Seems nitpicky, I know, but I always wanted a sim cairn terrier. XD
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 6:12 AM
I did darken his muzzle, though I'm not sure why it didn't show up there. Here's a few screenshots I had of him:

Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:32 AM
I can see it now. Your pictures are much better quality. I think the blurriness was refusing to show detail. Also, with better graphics you can really see the texture on the cat's fur; it's gorgeous.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 1:45 PM
My Santa was Aysarth, and the gifts she sent me can be downloaded here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/52108/
Thanks Aysarth!

The mod to stop the whining 'phone calls (NoRelationshipDecayWarning.rar) should work for everybody, but she wrote the bird-watching mod specially for my version (highest EP OFB). It won't work with all EPs as Maxis changed the way animations are handled in the later EPs. She hopes to upload an all-EPs version in the next fortnight or so, but she hasn't been well, so please be patient. If anyone does want the version that only works with the early EPs, you will almost certainly want Birdwatchwithpics which incudes the thought bubbles with pictures of birds and the trees where they live. BirdwatchOFBNoPics is the same but without the thought bubbles.

---------------------------- 000000000 ----------------------------

Cairn terriers

I have a lovely little Real Life Cairn Terrier called Fudgey. Her colour seems to vary according to how long her hair is. As it grows longer, she grows darker. (I hope it's not just that she's getting dirtier. ) Then she goes to her beautician every 12 weeks, and comes back much lighter. Actually it seems to me that the colour of Cairn Terriers can vary quite a bit from cream to almost black. They can't be white though, because, if they're white, then they're Westies (West Highland Terriers).

I'm sorry to say that Fudgey is racially prejudiced -- she doesn't like black dogs! We got her about the same time as I started to play The Sims, when her previous owner, my niece, emigrated to Australia (Queensland). They didn't think that Fudgey, who likes her home comforts, could stand a long flight and quarantine. She's fourteen now, and sadly went completely blind just before Christmas. As the onset of blindness was sudden (it seems that the lens of her one remaining good eye became detached) she is finding it hard to adapt to not seeing.

Looking at Bulbizarre's Cairn Terrier makes me wish that I could let my Sims have pets, but it seems that the problem of burnt-out graphics chips in computers with integrated graphics chips started with the Pets EP, and I don't feel I can take the risk. It's a pity, because I'm sure Andrew would love to have a cat or a dog.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 2:39 PM
Our Cairn Terrier was Brindle, so she was totally black and silver. She passed away two years ago.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:12 PM
@AndrewGloria - Have you heard of external GPUs? If not, it might be worth a look into seeing if your computer is compatible with one.

Alchemist
#22 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyleSnake
Sunrader was my secret santa and I got a custom architecture career with gender neutral pronouns. Awesome! Can't wait to have my sims be architects.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:06 PM
Okay, sorry to be late but here are the gifts I made for tcbandie10, shared with permission.

Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
Simsample,
I love the neighborhood! The lots are absolutely beautiful. I have families moving in as we speak. If you wanted to go ahead and share it that's fine. Again, thank you so much for your work

Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Okay, sorry to be late but here are the gifts I made for tcbandie10, shared with permission.

They look beautiful in game. My simmies are also settling in quite well to Sonder!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 9:03 PM
I'm glad you like the gifts, tcbandie10! I hope you'll post some pictures of your sims.

Page 1 of 2