Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vamp Daytime Indoors Decay Hack ** UPDATED **

by monique Posted 13th Oct 2005 at 7:46 AM - Updated 13th Feb 2010 at 5:36 AM by fanseelamb : added keywords so thread shows in more search results

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Systemic Anomaly
#26 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 7:24 AM
Thanks Monique. I don't quite understand what the exact connection is between person data 0x64 and sims in OFB...only that Maxis went out of their way to make sure this value is set correctly on all sims (all the Motives - Set Awake calls appear to have been updated to include initializing person data 0x64). Prior to OFB, this value was pretty much left alone. It's unclear if this was an oversight/bug, or if new features are now tied to this value.

The funny business about servos and mood was a red herring. It was a conflict between InTeen and another mod (since resolved).
Instructor
#27 Old 27th May 2006 at 10:05 AM
I Love You
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 8:35 PM
Hmm I think it was because of the potty hack, it doesn't work with it. Well I have a new game now and it should work. THANKS.

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” - Galileo Galilei
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 4:15 AM
Thank you so much!!! I was wondering why my vamps' moods decayed indoors, I thought Maxis had said that vampires would be okay as long as they stay in during the day. I'm glad someone did something about this extremely irritating issue!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 1:30 AM
Finally! *squeals and explodes like Gir*

I had to use the boolprop cheat and constantly drag my vampire's energy to low during the day so they would stay in their friggin' coffins! D:<

EDIT: Will this work on Family Fun Stuff EP?

Does this font make me look fat?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:03 PM
Is this hack compatible with Pets?

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Field Researcher
#32 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:55 PM
Fabulous! My vamps can spend time w/humans during the day! Excited to play some vamps again. Thank you Monique... :lovestruc

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at looka_vampire@yahoo.com let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 7:11 PM
Thankyou Monique, I find this especially good for university sims, I have redownloaded this but was wondering if you might be going to update for seasons expansion?
Thans again for your wonderful hacks including the computers and sleepcaller.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:59 PM
Quick question. The zip that doesn't have OFB on it, is that just for NL? I don't have OFB and was wondering if I could use this hack.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 1:13 PM
Thaaaaaanks!

One day you're gonna wake up and realize how much you care for her--
And when that day comes she'll be waking up next to the boy who already knew.
--Anonymous
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 11:30 PM
Doh.. Heck, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work (I have all EPs up to Pets), I'll let people know.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:47 PM
This sounds interesting. I have never played vamps because I thought it would take way too much micro-managing.
With these hacks, it just might work.

You know, I think we have gotten far more play value out of this game due to Monique and people like her.
Yes, maxis deserves some credit, however it is the "modders" that kept the game fresh and interesting.
I can't imagine my sims game without "custom" content!
Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 6:17 AM Last edited by xkaliboor : 21st Nov 2008 at 6:17 PM.
-a year later-

so the question still lingers.
will this work on newer EP's?
i'll test this out with both versions and see what happens. will report back once i have it tested [by tomorrow]

edit:
-9 days later; evry sim in simcity has turned into ghouls and vampires! xD-

uhm. so yeah. it works fine o.O
i didn't test the OFB one but it works perfectly well on my game =]

i even made 2 whole families of vampires. xD they start burning up as soon as they step out into the sun, but its a risk they must take if they are to get to school in time. [i put my garage inside, so its no biggie for my adult vampires. and i always make sure to have a Vampirisomethingoranother-D potion and -X potion with every vampire in case they get caught by the sun in community lots xD]
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:28 PM
I really hope someone updates this hack! It doesn't run with Seasons.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 5:03 PM
Thanks!!!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 12:36 PM
Does this work for nightlife only then or do you need ofb aswell??
If you can have it with just nl that would be epic because i'm fed up of my vampires having to be in there coffins inside even when i have no windows and no lights lol.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:18 PM
I know it's like years later but it works fine for me, I downloaded the OFB version and I have every SP and EP except Celebrations. I didn't test it fully to make sure it's not conflicting with anything else but it is working.
Scholar
#43 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DGV441982
I know it's like years later but it works fine for me, I downloaded the OFB version and I have every SP and EP except Celebrations. I didn't test it fully to make sure it's not conflicting with anything else but it is working.

thank you so much for putting that up there! I myself tend to a be a little leery on downloading anything that hasn't been commented on in a LONG time...I have almost every ep & sp (other than Holidays, dammit I WANT IT, just can't find it) so will test out as well & report back this does look very very cool. It annoys me to no end that even thou I have spent many a hour building a labrynth (sp?) of tunnels my vamps still burn up!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 5:23 PM
Hey!
I just want to tell everyone that the OFB version of this hack works on my computer. I have all expansion packs up to Bon Voyage (the company that was adjusting the games for Mac quit doing it after Bon Voyage D=) and stuff packs Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life.
I hope it also works for those of you who have been wondering and checking =D

Mai
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:56 PM
it worked for me, thanks, I was getting mad
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:47 AM
Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:49 PM
Thank you so much! No more turning off motives for my vamps. This works just fine with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
Works perfectly, thanks :D
Page 2 of 2