Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2022 at 5:45 PM
A mod NOT to control Sims ?
Hello ! (sorry in advance, English is not my main language)

I was wondering if there was a mod to have Sims living in the main residential lot, but... Without controlling them ? Basically kinda like the roommate option, but with every type of sims (kids, toddlers, etc).
I'm a player who micro-manages everything, to the point where the game becomes very, very "tedious" when having larger families. I tried the roommate feature recently, and I found that I was having a lot more fun than usual. So, basically... Does anyone know a mod that would allow a player to just control one sim, while the others Sims are left to, well, do whatever they want ? (I guess... Kinda like a forced "I'm Surrounded By Idiots" challenge--)

For example, my main sim having a kid, and said kid lives on the lot but isn't controllable ? Like, the only thing I could do would be to use the Parenthood skill to push the kid to do certain stuff, like eating, do their homework, etc ?

I know the "easiest" option would just be... Not to select them at all, but I tried that before, and I just can't resist the urge to micro manage everything. Basically, if I have the option to control them, I can't stop myself from doing it, and I've tried a lot in the past-
Thank you a lot in advance, have a nice day !
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2022 at 6:06 PM
This is all that I am aware of; https://modthesims.info/d/634595/co...sim-v1-2-2.html
Despite its name it does say in the description that it allows you to make household Sims unselectable.
I don't know how well it works because it hasn't been updated for a long time and I've never used it but it might be worth a look.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu