Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 19
Test Subject
#76 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theundertakeress
My sim won't use this object. It comes up with the graphics for when something is blocking the way. Any help as to why? Thanks :-)

Edit: I just tried it on the lower level of my sim house and it worked. I first had it upstairs, so I guess it only likes one level houses. Anyway, it works :-)
I'm having the same problem, but in a single floor home. I do have a foundation, so maybe that's the issue.

Guys, am I missing something? As undertakeress says above, when I try to use this (AWESOME!!!) Coat Rack, my Sims shout me down as if there's something in the way. I turned on the move_objects cheat and put it in the middle of the room, but they still wouldn't use it.

Do I just need to make a wall outside with no foundation? (I'm on base game only, by the way.)
Instructor
#77 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:33 AM
This rocks, I used to have one of these for the basegame, but it didn't include outerwear. Thanks!
Scholar
#78 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 11:31 AM
I'm not skitanita1, but I like to help so here's the link;

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=108057

It acts like a normal clothing rack with a few added options (such as summon sims). It updates with every game so yes, it should be able to buy outerwear.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:27 PM
This is really good Numenor and Marylou

SONIC AND TOKYO MEW MEW ARE THE BEST ANIMES EVAH!
Test Subject
#80 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:50 PM
I Could buye outer wear I just couldn´t choose it when I wanted to plan an out fit.
Thank you Annelae for posting alink to christianlovs chlothinrack. I can´t buye outer weare on that either. Maybee it´s something wrong with just my game.
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Necktie
I'm having the same problem, but in a single floor home. I do have a foundation, so maybe that's the issue.

Guys, am I missing something? As undertakeress says above, when I try to use this (AWESOME!!!) Coat Rack, my Sims shout me down as if there's something in the way. I turned on the move_objects cheat and put it in the middle of the room, but they still wouldn't use it.

Do I just need to make a wall outside with no foundation? (I'm on base game only, by the way.)

I'm also having the same problems, I'e not been able to get any Sim to use it yet.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:54 PM
Many thanks for the Christian's link
I'll test in my game.
For everyone that told to have the problem that sims can't use the coathook : please, can you tell us which EPs and other hacks you have ?

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#83 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 2:02 PM
This is great. It'll save a lot of time.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 3:18 PM
This is brilliant, now I don't have to makwe them use the TARDIS everytime they want to get new clothes.
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:22 PM
No more load waits just to go shopping? You guys are my heros! Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:32 PM
This really cool coat hook won't even show up in my game. Most of the things I download are like that and my question is why? Any answers to why this cool coat hook won't show up?
I own the base game, university, open for business and pets. I only have hacked objects and some customized foods along with a censor patch. I got all of them except for the patch from here (MTS2).
Test Subject
#87 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
For everyone that told to have the problem that sims can't use the coathook : please, can you tell us which EPs and other hacks you have ?

I just have the base game, and I don't think I have any other hacks at the moment, just clothes, makeup & furniture etc.
Test Subject
#88 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 5:11 PM
just what i was waiting for

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.

10% of life is what happens to you, and the other 90% is how you react to it
Test Subject
#89 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Terhen : 25th Mar 2007 at 7:51 PM.
I'm having a problem with this one. After I have "bought" a bunch of outerwear for the family and try to "plan outerwear", the outerwear-option isn't there anymore. (It was before, since the family had more than one same aged sims of same sex.)

Earlier I had bought outerwear with this coat hook for another family, closed the game and installed whole game again, I COULD plan outerwear. But right after I have bought outerwear to another family, "plan outerwear"-option disappears again.

I have all expansions, no stuffpacks.

Is this only my game? Or does anybody else have the same problem?

Any possibility to repair this bad?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:29 PM
Thanks so very much. ^^ My computer lags a lot in community lots so this saves me oodles of time.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. =D
Field Researcher
#91 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:08 PM
This Is A Wonderful Item. I Like It
Test Subject
#92 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 8:28 PM
Merci! Danke! Efcharisto! Mahalo! Toda! Go raibh maith agat! Domo arigato! Grazie! Xie xie! Spasibo! Gracias! Thank you in every language!

I've been waiting for this update. I've been using Cathair2005's dresser in all my lots, even though it didn't always go with the decor. (It was just too handy an object to be without.) I was waiting for someone to update it with the Seasons Outerwear option. You're wonderful! I am in awe!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#93 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 9:28 PM
Terhen, please do this test: when you see that the "Plan... Outerwear" option is missing, immediately click on a normal Maxis dresser, and check if the option is missing from the Maxis dresser too.

I ask this, because our Coat Hook uses the very same routines as the Maxis dressers, and therefore it should have the same options... I said it should... :P

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#94 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 10:18 PM
thanks so much for this download! i can't wait to use it in my game! i was always a big fan of the dresser, and am glad you 'revamped' it, so i can now use it with seasons!
Test Subject
#95 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
Many thanks for the Christian's link
I'll test in my game.
No EPs, and I've only tried to use it in a brand new house. There are no other hacks in the house. I do have the pixelation remover installed and the stack of phone books someone posted here awhile ago that make the telephone stop ringing, though they aren't in this house. Come to think of it, that one doesn't tend to work either.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 2:46 AM
I have a few objects like this already (buy clothes at home/change clothes, blah blah blah), but when I saw what a nice decoration it would also make, I thought "hey, I can always use more".
But that "buy for free" option? Excellent. It definitely sealed the deal, for me. When buying for Sims who weren't supposed to buy clothes for a challenge, I always would just use the "familyfunds" cheat to give them back as much as they spent.
Now this will save me that extra bit of trouble. I can't wait to use this. :D
Forum Resident
#97 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:00 AM
Thanks for another great object! I love it how everything you two make is compatible with all game configurations. This is really useful!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#98 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 7:56 AM
Numenor,

I've tested that. In that neighbourhood (which I have tested this object) not even normal maxis dressers have option "Plan... Outerwear" after I have used this Coat Hook. Really weird, I say.

Is there anything I can do?

(I really like this object, this problem just makes me mad.)
Alchemist
#99 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 2:44 PM Last edited by verenaheu : 26th Jul 2007 at 5:45 PM. Reason: is a thanks
I love it! It saves so much space and time! Simoleons not really, because they always have enough of that, don`t they?
Anyway, thats terrific!
Test Subject
#100 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 2:46 PM
Thank you, I'm one of those who do not have the patience for loading screens just to buy some clothes. This is nice item also because of its small size and Maxis-ish look.
Page 4 of 19