Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 19
Field Researcher
#126 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 9:16 PM
Brilliant
This is such an awesome and clever idea.
Thank you so much - MaryLou and Numenor!
Love your shop at home! Especially that it hangs on the wall.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#127 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 6:30 AM
This is sooo awesome! Just what I've been longing for, looking for, and needing for a very long time! Thank you so much for making it.
Test Subject
#128 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 12:09 PM
Wow thanks !!

Amazing how easy this is !!

I'm going to download this right now !!
Test Subject
#129 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:56 PM
cant thank you enough!
retired moderator
#130 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:16 PM
Ive been waiting for this (campatible with Seasons) for a while now. Thanks

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#131 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:24 PM
Absolutely spot on, another wonderful job.
Test Subject
#132 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:57 PM
Great thanks!
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:23 AM
Thank you for the lovely hack. I am wodering about plan outfit? We can plan outfits when we have more than one for everyday, Pjs and so forth but not for outer wear. Why I have posted this here is I could not find a forum that would sutable for my question or a person that would even think of formulating a hack for this. I have made a slimbodybuilder's outwear and the only way I could a sims to wear it was to make a sims, be sure it was the only outer wear he had, if the sims has an other outer wear he can not change into an other....?

There are no short cuts to a place worth going!
Thankyou for your creative works of art.
They are well appreciated. AKA: Tricia
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:33 AM
First off, thank you both for all of your creations! I have enjoyed many of them through the course of my simming. I would love to be enjoying this one as well, but I too seem to be unable to get it to show up in my game, which is really odd as I RARELY have troubles with any kind of custom content. I tried both this coat hook and the Any-Wear coat hook as well and neither of them show up. I have all the EPs and stuff packs except for HHS along with a plethora of custom content. The only thought I have is that it must be conflicting with something to have it not show up completely. I am using the most recent version of the InSim, has that (or anything else for that matter) been found to conflict with the coat rack? I am completely puzzled at the fact that I can't find it in the catalog at all.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:44 AM
I found mine (coat rack)under misc/dressers. If you can not find it, it very well could be conflicting with something else. I had a bowl of fruit once that has change to three other things in the past year...what next, but still says it is a bowl of fruit.

Test Subject
#136 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:25 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to plan 'Outerwear' for this download item or for any of my dressers. Help?
Test Subject
#137 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
Thank you for the rack. It works great. Is there a way to change the prize each time you buy an outfit it will cost $300 each or normal prize rather than $0? I would like the sims to pay for what they buy rather than get them for nothing. Plz let me know how. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:26 PM
There is a clothes rack you can get that work with Seasons but does not have the menue to buy outerwear but you pay for your clothes. works fine in my game with all other EP's.

Sim Boutique Clothing Rack 2006/03/21
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057

Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:51 PM
thanks pjbrooks56 , for showing me the link. However, I like the Coat rack better because it looks nicer and takes less space than the dresser. Does anyone know how to change prize value using SimPe?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#140 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:43 AM
About the missing "Plan Outfit" for Outerwear - There must be a bug in the game code, and so far I couldn't find it... As reported by several users, it's not a problem of the Coat Hook, it affects in general the dressers, but only sometimes... If I ever come to a possible solution, I'll post here my findings.

About the cost of zero for any clothings - This was intentional: the Coat Hook is a hacked object, and it's supposed to do things that you can't do normally in game, and it doesn't have to behave in a "comprehensible" manner. In other words, a hacked object is legitimate to perform a "magic" like letting your sim to get plenty of clothings for free.
If you want to manually change the cost of the clothings (but with the limitation of one price for all) using SimPE, open the package and select the BHAV "Interaction - Get Clothes for Free - Private (MOD)"; select line #4 and change it from:
Expression (Temp 0x0001 := Literal 0x0000)
to:
Expression (Temp 0x0001 := Literal 0xPPPP)
where "PPPP" is the chosen "price" for each piece of clothings, in hexadecimal format.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:32 AM Last edited by magicqueen : 4th Apr 2007 at 4:48 AM.
Thanks Numenor, and could you pls tell me how to change it will appear as $500 on the pop-up where you select the items rather than appear as $0?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#142 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:42 PM
Select the line #4 of the bhav I've told you; open the Instruction wizard as shown marked with the blue stare in this screenshot (ignore the other coloured references in the image):

Then, in the Wizard, tick the checkbox "Use decimal" (so that you don't have to convert any number in hexadecimal) and lastly change the number in the lowest-right field to any sum you want. Here is an example, to see how the Wizard looks like (it's taken from another tutorial, so it will be slightly different...):

Click OK, then Commit and save.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#143 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 1:59 PM
First of all I would like to thank you for this object. I love it.
But now I got a problem with it.
I just use 2 hacks in my Game( Pets,nightlife,ofb,university,Seasons...all ep`s) your object an the more pets hack and now, anytime when I try to save the game it chrashed the computer shut down an restart by self .... without savig the game..
I think the Problem is using both hacks togehter, because when I don't use the hook it works perfekt
Field Researcher
#144 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sausebrause
the more pets hack

Can you put the link, please?
So we can try to reproduce your problem and try to fix if there is really a conflict.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#145 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:03 PM
Wow I just found treasure cause this is gold...lol with my corny joke aside, Goodjob!

I have a kid on the way and me and my boyfriend are clueless on a name. Were not sure if its a boy or girl but if you have any idea's let us know, frankly we can only come up with Bob..
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
Can you put the link, please?
So we can try to reproduce your problem and try to fix if there is really a conflict.

Oh Sorry I forgot to post the link here it is http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=40254 I use the 10 pets file.

Thank you so much for check it
Test Subject
#147 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 2:45 PM
Thank you a lot! Just what I needed. Works great (:
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 8:17 PM
This is an awesome object! I was just wondering if there is any way to make it so that it satisfy's the buy new cloth want?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#149 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 10:17 PM
Sausebrause - I've inspected the mod you mention, and it can't conflict with the Coat Hook. Do you have enough disc space free for saving the game when existing? When you exist the game (trying to save), is there any pregnant pet in the lot? How many family members (sims and pets) are there in the lot?

I'm trying to understand the cause of your crashes, but I'm quite sure it is not strictly related to the two hack you mention (coat hook and morePets)...

Test Subject
#150 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 9:49 AM Last edited by Sausebrause : 9th Apr 2007 at 12:12 PM.
HI Numenor, this is very strange. Now I removed the hook from my game and I can save again.
My disc space is 16,8 GB ob C and 1280 MB RAM. Theres no pregnant sim or pet at the moment.
I got 4 sims and 5 pets on my lot, hope you could find the reasons of my crashes...

EDIT: Numero I'm so sorry I found another hack in my downloads the "HackedObject_LifePreserverNeedsAdjuster_HystericalParoxysm-DemusedSims" from mts. Maybe this was the reason for my crashes
Page 6 of 19