Replies: 6010 (Who?), Viewed: 325251 times.
Page 241 of 241
Lab Assistant
#6001 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:11 AM
When a specific house crashes the game. I'm trying to enter the McGreggor farm for the first time and I can't!
crash crash crash crash crash 7 times in a row, taking things out and fiddling with this and googling that and nada zip zilch.
I was having a lot of fun with other houses, and this huge time wasting setback just... deflates me. I feel my heart in my stomach and I'm kind of hating sims now.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Top Secret Researcher
#6002 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 4:14 PM
It's when I can't get into my game because my own schedule is horribly messed up and I've not been able to find the time for sims.
Mad Poster
#6003 Old 4th May 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottakenaway
When a specific house crashes the game. I'm trying to enter the McGreggor farm for the first time and I can't!
crash crash crash crash crash 7 times in a row, taking things out and fiddling with this and googling that and nada zip zilch.
I was having a lot of fun with other houses, and this huge time wasting setback just... deflates me. I feel my heart in my stomach and I'm kind of hating sims now.

I'm probably too late with this, but try putting boolprop on in nhood view before you load the lot. It typically lets you delete the offending item.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Forum Resident
#6004 Old 9th May 2021 at 2:19 PM
Now I'm not good at SimPE, nor do I know how to create my own custom objects, but sometimes some creators leave the "stats" of the object they clone in, and don't adjust it to the price of their CC. Like, some time ago I downloaded this nice colonial set, but when I looked in the game, they had like 6 energy on the beds, but their prices were somewhere around the ikea beds. I wish I knew how to work SimPE to fix them for myself...
Top Secret Researcher
#6005 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:36 PM
It's when the walk to work and walk to school actions went MIA with installing UC and having to wait so long to finally get a Mod to fix that issue since it made apartments almost unplayable unless the sims were working at a community lot or were working at home.I couldn't have the hold a regular jobe while living in apartments.
Top Secret Researcher
#6006 Old 29th May 2021 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Now I'm not good at SimPE, nor do I know how to create my own custom objects, but sometimes some creators leave the "stats" of the object they clone in, and don't adjust it to the price of their CC. Like, some time ago I downloaded this nice colonial set, but when I looked in the game, they had like 6 energy on the beds, but their prices were somewhere around the ikea beds. I wish I knew how to work SimPE to fix them for myself...

There are various threads on how to change the price in SimPE, one of which is here
Mad Poster
#6007 Old 30th May 2021 at 9:54 PM
The fact that the Nautical "theme" from FF is literally just 6 build mode decorative items AND THAT'S IT.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#6008 Old 31st May 2021 at 3:09 AM
Loading into the Pleasants household for the first time and having to keep everyone away from slapping Lilliths face until they all faint is one thing I both can't get over, and hate. She can't even exist without 4 "Be Slapped" interactions lined up
Instructor
#6009 Old 31st May 2021 at 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnziie
Loading into the Pleasants household for the first time and having to keep everyone away from slapping Lilliths face until they all faint is one thing I both can't get over, and hate. She can't even exist without 4 "Be Slapped" interactions lined up

You can actually prevent this easily by occupying the household members with something, such as skilling. That way, Lilith will only get one person trailing her with bad intent, at most. The Grunts have the same problem, which can be prevented the same way.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#6010 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama

Changing prices of an object is one of the simplest things to learn in SimPE. I would encourage you to give it a go It is a great feeling to know you have done something like this and it honestly is not hard. If you can post on MTS, you can do this.

If you are worried about breaking the object, copy and paste it into a separate folder for testing. Then rename it with "TEST" in the filename. Put that version into your game to check it. If it works, you can rename to delete the test, and delete the original file

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Theorist
#6011 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:14 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:16 AM. Reason: punctuation
@sugoisama agree with simsfreq.

Here's a link to Rebecah's How to Increase Energy and Comfort for a Bed. Since you are not cloning a Maxis bed, you should be able to skip to editing the Sleep Set Motives BHAV. Though you might want to clone a bed to see what the values you want are. (Phaenoh goes over cloning in Recatagorizing Maxis Content - Objects Tutorial.)

I have been toying with the idea of writing a comprehensive SimPE basics tutorial for object editing, because I keep seeing so many asks or posts about a lack of SimPE knowledge. Plus information tends to be stored in bits and pieces all over the place, which is incredibly annoying when you're trying to work on something. But you know, what, the OBJD page on the Sims wiki is actually a good place to start, covering almost all the things that I would. And it taught me a thing or two that I didn't know. (Which is how I found it. I was looking for things that I missed that would belong in a basics tutorial.) And HugeLunatic actually has quite an impressive tutorial database here, which detailed pictures, too.

So, you know, it's never too late to learn. And, as I remember another simmer pointing out once, this is the site for learning how to do things.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 241 of 241