2 people viewing
Replies: 27402 (Who?), Viewed: 767907 times.
Page 1097 of 1097
Forum Resident
#27401 Old Today at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
How on earth do you guys keep your mods folders organized?
I used to have some categories folders but as the amount of mods in there grows it's becoming more and more inefficient - I do not longer have any idea what mods I have any longer!

Maybe having an spreadsheet?
Any suggestions?

I consider my game quite modded, though my downloads folder is leagues under some others' with only 700mb, but I kinda have a system I think is efficient.

Basically, I have four basic categories for mods:
- Annoyance Fixes, with things like the "no met sim memory" or "no Rod Humble", but also some quality of life improvements like equal genetics, fixed face templates, and townie body diversity
- Anti Bloating, with the no respawn mods, plus no sim loaded because it seemed logical at the time, but now I just kinda got used to it being there
- Anti Corruption, with things like the no unlink on delete mod, or the new child ghost fix
- Tweaking and Tools, which is basically where things like the sim blender go, that you need to buy in game, as well as the painting and writing speed-up mods

Aside from these, I also have a seperate folder for MidgeTheTree and Simler90 specifically because I have so many of their mods, a seperate one for supernaturals, and some seperate ones that I either couldn't put in any other category, or was just too lazy to put into a category, like hiders, the fixed subhood selector and the attraction fixes. Also, some one-file smaller mods I also just have in the main folder, things like the naming mod for townies, the aging mod or no20khandouts
Mad Poster
#27402 Old Today at 5:06 PM
Quote:
I used to have some categories folders but as the amount of mods in there grows it's becoming more and more inefficient - I do not longer have any idea what mods I have any longer!

Any suggestions?

I try to keep my mods in some order-if the creator has a lot of them (like Pescado or others) I have a folder expressly for them. The rest that don't have more than one or two per creator I put in folders "Mods A-L" or "Mods M-Z" which is named for the actual mod, not the creator. Some I keep in their own folder because they're so radical that they can change the game immensely (ACR or Monique's) so I can track down which ones I want to pull.

Also, I do try not to add too many mods at any given time because it's so easy to lose track of them, as you can understand.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#27403 Old Today at 6:19 PM
Quote:

Any suggestions?

Just mods, or all downloads?
Still working on sorting them, but I've done a rough cleanup so I know how I want them, but still moving them around a bit.

For all downloads, I have main category (buy/build/clothes or similar), undercategory (if necessary, my Buy category needed some because I don't want to scroll through the first page forever, so it's Deco_Food, or Room_Nursery, etc.. And then I've thrown in the various sets, usually by creator). In some places I have files loose in the folder if all the files in a set sort together neatly by name. I also keep pictures, because otherwise I'd have no idea what I have and I don't care what people say about keeping pictures in the folders, I'd go crazy without them...

For mods I don't have much of a system other than the files being in a folder, being roughly sorted after creator/site name (so I know where I got them - it's my way of remembering, at least roughly, what I have, because I remember stuff best by site, mod name and/or pictures).

If you like using spreadsheets it's probably a good way to keep track of your mods.

Unfortunately I don't have the patience for spreadsheets. After a couple days it's either abandoned in a corner on my computer because it only frustrates me, or there's 20+ variants because I may or may not occasionally have an issue with saving over documents...
Page 1097 of 1097