Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 4:30 PM
The new version of Aileen Landing won't have the multiple alien colors... the only CC will be the green sky, which will be an optional mod that is not required to play the neighborhood.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 10:17 PM
Alright, I just made a poll/survey, so that I vaguely know what I should improve in the next version of Aileen Landing.
For anyone who played in this neighborhood, I'd be more than happy if you participated.

But of course, you don't have to. Lol.
http://www.survey-maker.com/Q6O55Z33N

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
#128 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 2:23 AM
This is one of the most creative and interesting neighborhoods I've seen, Jawusa! I just started my winter break so if you need anyone to further playtest it let me know. Good luck
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:07 AM
@BeckyBoo8 Aww, thank u! :lovestruc
I'd be more than happy to have more playtesters, so if you'd like to give this neighborhood a try, go ahead! Have fun!

My Simblr
#130 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:15 AM
Great! Is the most recent version in the first post of this thread?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 4:08 AM
Yep, the link should still be the same. I haven’t made any changes ever since.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 11:15 PM
I'm almost done my first rotation of the 'hood, and I have some ideas, since I know you're looking to reduce the number of households/make them more fun to play! You could spice up the (Neptune Branch) Mykonos family by combining them! Maybe Neptune's family has fallen upon some misfortune, and his loving brother offered to move in and help them out, but then Triton's being influenced by him, and Nepture is forced to cohabitate with Poseidon, which can result in more tangible drama!

Or maybe Poseidon is the one who had misfortune (like financially or something), and Neptune's wife is like "oh, don't worry, you can live with us for a while" despite Neptune being like Absolutely Not I Hate Him So Much.

J-just some spaghetti ideas.

I'm loving the hood so much! I love all the builds, and how you've really cultivated an architectural style for both the alien half and the human half, despite only using base game items!
Theorist
#133 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:35 PM
Oh well. If I were there, I'd not like to live in such dorm-family like it would become.

I would hope Jawusa make it the megahood. Without combining and making too hige families. That could be hmm... hard fun.... to play with. That would not be so bad since Jawusa is very experinced in hood creating. I am sure everything could come their best.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 8:53 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 30th Apr 2021 at 2:13 AM. Reason: thought #1
I'm on my second rotation now, and drama has begun to go down! Micah Meacock accidently starved to death . . . so I've moved Luca in with Tugce, and Peeta is now living that solo bachelor life. I hope he has many bastard children

I've got some more thoughts on the EAxis sims,,,,,,,,, again I am just throwing some spaghetti. Having a bunch of EAxis sims really throws me off, and I'd prefer brand new sims. If you were tying to cut down on EAxis sims and trying to pick which ones to keep, I'd keep the Bella Goth household (giving her amnesia could explain away the lack of family tree and memories), and the Capp/Summerdream household! I found their plot backstories the most interesting and unique to their situations. The other households could easily be replaced with custom sims that serve a similar purpose, like two teens who snuck away to Aileen Landing, or one guy who's knocked up all his roommates.

Additionally! I noticed that there aren't any playable sims with s4, so you might want to include one who does have s4!

The Land Grant University sims were also a bit jarring to me; since in my normal game state, I have one neighbourhood with Wide Spot + Land Grant U, and then a separate one with a maxis uberhood, so combining those sims together (+ Aileen landing sims) is kinda weird to me? Since they normally exist in separate canons to me. But also you're super valid and I'm having a great time with this neighbourhood! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

But again I love this hood a lot! The architecture is so nice!!!! I'm having so much fun!! I also love the uniqueness of the sims faces! And just how wack all the bastard children are!

Ooh oh another thought: I'd enjoy a little bit more crisscross between the humans and aliens, like maybe one of the pregnancies being a human pregnant with an alien or vice versa. Since in naturual gameplay they're already fraternizing a lot, it makes sense to me for them to have fraternized more in the backstory!

Edit: I'm just gonna edit this post to add more thoughts as they come up so that I don't spam

1. The Xothburg house is small. They don't really have room for their second baby, which Mira is pregnant with at the beginning of the game. She's now pregnant with a third baby and they *really* don't have space for it. (lmao, knowing me, this one'll probably end up being quadruplets ) Maybe consider making the house a bit bigger!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 10th May 2021 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th May 2021 at 2:23 AM.
@k-athleen

Aww, I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the neighborhood, even with that many families and pregancies, LOL! Reading what your did in your game and your thoughts on it really made my day. And also thank you very much for your compliments on the buildings in Aileen Landing! :lovestruc

They were definitely challenging to make and to be honest, I don't even remember myself how I achieved that? LOL! But yeah, the neighborhood will still remain BG compatible, and I'm thinking of making it completely no CC as well. The only CC I used were the colorful alien skintones, but I was thinking of just sticking to the default alien skintone and the mannequin skintone. So, many sims will get a makeover, lol!

In the past few weeks I had been reimagining the whole neighborhood as a whole and to tell the truth, there are soooo many unnecessary sims in the current version that have no purpose/contribution to the neighborhood story at all, like EAxis sims randomly sitting there and all!

So far, here are the changes that the next version of Aileen Landing will (probably) have:

- No LGU/Widespot or other EAxis sims in the neighborhood. While I was having a look into each household, I noticed that I better not include them, since I guess... many will want to add this to their megahoods anyway and that would just ruin the neighborhood as a whole... having two Cassandra Goths, etc.  But I was thinking of maybe including distant relatives of the playables... say, a Crumplebottom? Or Olive's long-lost cousin? Maybe Katrina Caliente (only her though, not with Don, Dina and Nina)... since there's a strange pink/blue crack in the sky of Aileen Landing.. it might be where she came from... when travelling into the TS2 universe. Basically, she'd try to start afresh after receiving tons of hate in the TS4 universe, lol!

- Actually, I like the idea of merging Poseidon with Neptune, ... imagine all the potential drama! (...and affairs? LOL!). Though, I might have to reduce their children for that... otherwise, that household would be HUGE!

- I'm still not sure whether or not to include Bella Goth.. (She's kinda iconic! But I think she should be in Strangetown instead... so I might also scrap that storyline. But then again, the Strangetown Bella is a clone, that means... the real Bella Goth could still be around in Aileen Landing, can she?)

- As for the LaFontaine-Meacock storyline... actually, Tugce had a boyfriend who has the S4 skin, so I might resurrect him! Thanks for the feedback!

- In the new version, Mira doesn't even have a baby (yet). I found it a little too weird that they all had affairs and her being pregnant with another guy's baby... I've got too many Romance sims and too pregnancies to start with as well. So, I changed that. Whether or not her dad was right when he said Rigel is no good for her... that's up to the player. But him as a Romance sim, well... maybe he's just a hopeless romantic.. looking for a soulmate... and that could still be Mira!

- Lynx household was kinda a mess. So, I put some of their babies for adoption. Selene only has one child now and is engaged to Pollux. Hence her wish to marry a rich sim. Though, her sister Feyrora is romantically involved with Pollux as well. I wish I could do scripted events, so that once the player loads up that household, it'd be little Thestias's birthday. And then, when the player would prompt her to bring Thestias to the cake, Feyrora would automatically make out with Pollux.. and cause some drama at the birthday party! That would be cool... :D

- As for the Sombrero teens... well, I was thinking of changing them all into townies. The same for the Lyra siblings except for Rhea and Dione.

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#136 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:44 PM
Although I have not tried it yet, I love reading everything you have written about the neighborhood. It catches my attention and I will try it when it is finished. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#137 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 1:44 PM
Just downloaded an empty version, as I don't play with households/families created by anyone else (even the Maxis ones). Going to test it in my game right now. Downloaded a default sky as well, but I'm a bit puzzled - do I have to install ALL THREE files (Day, Night and Seasons) to work it in my game or just one of them? I play just a disc collection with ALL EPs & SPs installed, not an UC.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:27 PM
@Olena Dub
If you don't want the green sky to disappear as the weather changes and/or when it becomes dark, you'll need all the three files, yes.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#139 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Olena Dub
If you don't want the green sky to disappear as the weather changes and/or when it becomes dark, you'll need all the three files, yes.

Sure, I want to keep this lovely green sky all the time! :lovestruc Thank you very much, Jawusa!
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 8:59 PM
I'm playing the new Jan 2022 version right now! One thing I've noticed is that the Sports Buddies household has two members, but only one bed. I'm not sure if that's intentional, but I thought I'd mention it. Another thing I've noticed is that the prose directs Otello to play video games with his friend, but they don't own a game console! Again, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I thought I'd mention it.

I'll update this post if I notice more things! I'm having so much fun so far! Thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate this version that doesn't have nondefault skins!
Forum Resident
#141 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 2:34 PM
Yesterday I downloaded it to see it and I really liked it! the scenery, the houses, the families, everything is great! I was only able to play the family in which you can cause a fire and I was very amused by all the dynamics. Scripts are really a great way to break the ice with a neighborhood you don't know. I was wondering if the fact that some windows and doors do not appear correctly is something intentional or you assume that they will appear in other games (maybe you have a mod that allows it), but I think it is better that you look for other solutions, because I directly eliminate those windows and doors that don't show up right.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 6:58 PM
Aww, thanks a lot for playtesting the new version of Aileen Landing! I really appreciate that :lovestruc

@k-athleen
Lol, the Sports Buddies household truly is a difficult one. One of them has a proper bedroom... while the other sloppier one spends the nights on the couch. So, yeah.. that's intentional XD
The missing game console surely is a thing. So, I'll add that as soon as possible, thanks for pointing that out! Glad to hear you like this version better. To be honest, I prefer this version over the old one as well.

@Sokisims
Hey, thanks a lot for downloading the neighborhood! I'm really trying my best here, lol. Glad to hear you like the custom scripts.
The windows (much like the arches n the Specter house in Strangetown) won't appear first since they use the same tiles as the curtains and/or other objects surrounding that window... that's because the neighborhood was built in BG and undergoes a reset phase if it's loaded in an all EPs game. I don't think I can do much here... because in my BG save, it looks just fine... no broken windows at all.
But it can easily be fixed in an all EPs game if you save the lot, exit to neighborhood and reload the lot one more time.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#143 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 8:22 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 21st Jan 2022 at 8:35 PM.
I'm playing Mykonos right now and crazy stuff is happening I'm freaking out. It started as expected, with everyone fighting each other. Hydra got in a fight with her son Proteus and decided she didn't want to be a part of the family anymore, so she divorced Neptune and moved out. So far, this is an expected development. Poseidon and Triton kept getting in fights with other family members, and Neptune, in the aftermath of his divorce, decided he had enough, and kicked him Poseidon out. Triton left with Poseidon, since he prefers his uncle.

The Mykonos family at that point is cut in half. In their depression, the remaining children, Nereid and Proteus bond and decide to adopt a dog. Then, while Proteus and Neptune were sleeping, Nereid rolled the want to go swimming. During a thunder storm. While tired. Since she's so distraught, I figured that's the kind of choice she'd make. So i sent her into the pool, and she died. Only the dog came out to cry for her.

There are now only two members left of the Mykonos family. Will more crazy shit happen? Potentially. Can't wait to see how it unfolds lmao.

Update: Proteus just decided to run away from home. His dad made him cereal for breakfast in an attempt to like,, create bonding. And he stood up and declared he'd had enough.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 8:57 PM
Oh my! I looooove the drama going on there! XD
Literally feels like a Greek tragedy, lol! I enjoyed reading what happened in your game, that was a blast! ^^

My Simblr
Test Subject
#145 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 9:40 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 22nd Jan 2022 at 1:55 AM.
Default House Layout Problem Report
In this double bed in the Queen's house, when a sim sleeping on the side against the wall gets out of the bed, they often end up trapped in the area behind the bed. I've solved this in my game by placing a sculpture in that spot.

Update on my gameplay: Taphao Thong Fenhong is dead. I have no idea how he died. It happened at the Sombrero household while I wasn't looking. Drama continues to unfold.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 3:07 PM
Ooh, I didn't know that there's a mod allowing the sims to use double beds against walls, lol!
But sure, I could add a sculpture or maybe a plant behind that bed. Thanks for pointing that out!

My Simblr
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 5:45 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 25th Jan 2022 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added more spoiler boxes to make the post less long
The babies that got lost with backup reset:

Purple Soup documentation:

Problem is officially solved. Returning to the mayhem:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#148 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 12:27 AM Last edited by k-athleen : 25th Jan 2022 at 1:17 AM.
Default House Layout Problem Report
The bathtub in the Fenhong house is oriented the wrong way to be able to be used. (I've flipped the right way it in the picture.)

Drama update:
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 2:15 PM
Alright, I just played the Aquilas like you did until winter (ie once all the toddlers and babies were aged up to children) and didn't have that issue with pink soap? I also have the Aging Baby to Toddler Fix installed, so the babies could age up just fine!

But it may also be because I decreased the "lot view" to small? Since it's getting way too laggy for me on the highest setting, so I usually don't care much about the surrounding neighborhood, lol. I'll try and play the Aquilas on the highest setting and let you know if I get pink soap as well.

I guess it might be due to the many lots and trees in neighborhood view, so I'd have to reduce them a little to prevent pink soap...
Either way, I think it would be very fun/challenging to play this household with the more dangerous fire mods, lol. :p

The Fenhongs' bathtub was fixed in the most recent version, I think? Lol. Anyway, I looove the drama going on in your game! It seems the death toll in Aileen Landing still increases in your game! It didn't stop with the two Queens disappearing as suggested in the neighborhood story, lol. XD

My Simblr
Test Subject
#150 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 7:51 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 25th Jan 2022 at 8:06 PM.
Okay so my 'hood got corrupted again???????? I'm going to play another neighourhood in this same save state to see if I have problems with it too. I've never had these sorts of problems with a neighbourhood before—especially considering I've only been doing safe actions and such (haven't fucked around with like, deleting sims). I tried moving the family out and putting them in another random house, and they were still corrupted.

A possibility: I put the fix aging mod back in after I thought the problem was resolved. A baby aged up, and then when I saved and exited the family/lot got corrupted. I don't have a recent enough back up to test this instance to see if it's the fault of the mod??? Really unfortunate because that mod is life-changing in getting babies to age up. I'll do more mod testing. Weird because I've used this mod for ages and not had it ever cause corruption before.

Another possibility: babies are a coincidence. It could be a problem with there being too many files while the game is saving, so it can't save properly? Since the problems are always either it crashes while saving, or it turns into corrupted purple soup after a "successful" save.

Update: I made a fresh empty neighbourhood, made two sims, had them make a baby, and aged the baby to toddler via cake (without changing my mod loadout: i still have the agingbabytotoddlerfix mod installed), and the lot did NOT get corrupted. Really not sure what's up. I've only experienced the corruption playing Aileen Landing, which is really unfortunate?? I don't understand how this mod would interact with the large number of trees (but those two things seem to be possibly the source of problem?), but I'm going to try playing Aileen Landing with a much narrower lot skirt. I'll have to restore from a backup so I might not play for a while (sadness about losing progress).

Just want to make sure I keep my experience documented here. While it could and probably is only a problem on my end, if the corruption is a problem with multiple people, it could be indicative of there maybe being smth iffy shipping with the hood. Really hope that isn't the case!!

God Sims 2 is such a frustrating game lmao
Screenshots
Page 6 of 7