Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 6:52 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Jun 2021 at 7:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What happens if the world is not compatible with traveler? I'm kinda wondering because there is some issue with Lucky Palm. All other worlds work fine, but this world for some reason it creates 2 separate homeworld groups for the sims, one under Lucky Palm and the other simply as "user created." I think one is specifically residents while the other is service. But that is not really the issue, the real problem is that it doesn't play well with other worlds. When I travel to Lucky Palm, practically all other worlds' minisims gets duplicates. So you get two of everyone, except their ages are different. From what I understand, it means for some reason they are not updated? The younger one should be replaced by the older. This includes the homeworld.

Lucky Palms was one of four EA worlds that Traveler also had issues with, but that was fixed in the current version (v87) several years ago. The other three worlds were Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes, and I think Hidden Springs. The issue as I remember it was not exactly as you have described, though.

When a custom world remains incompatible with Traveler, what that means today is that it was not given a unique world ID number during its early CAW stage (this can't really be fixed now). When you travel from such a world and try to go home again, a new instance of it spawns and the original one you were playing together with its sims becomes unreachable. Alternatively, this can also happen the other way around where the worlds you are traveling to respawn and the original ones your sims had landed in can't be reached. Either way, it's game-breaking for those of us who play with Traveler mod connected worlds. We always advise players to try traveling to and from custom worlds out off to the side on a test game first if they are using Traveler and expect these worlds to behave themselves as part of their ongoing game setup.
Page 2 of 2