Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 7:08 AM
I very much like the overall architecture theme and atmosphere. Very well done! Also, Arkhelios is such a perfect name for this community. Arkhelios is neither too small or too large and the creators have introduced such an interesting, varied assortment of characters. Thank you for the work, time and thought invested. I am very much enjoying play testing. This appears to be a neighborhood that I will enjoy playing more than once.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
I very much like the overall architecture theme and atmosphere. Very well done! Also, Arkhelios is such a perfect name for this community. Arkhelios is neither too small or too large and the creators have introduced such an interesting, varied assortment of characters. Thank you for the work, time and thought invested. I am very much enjoying play testing. This appears to be a neighborhood that I will enjoy playing more than once.

Thank you! For the name, we got Ark "Noah's Ark," kind of like it's own exclusive society in a small place. Helios from the god :b And thank you for all the help, it's really appreciated <3

Any updates on the townie name thing? I haven't been able to find a tutorial on where I could fix it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
Any updates on the townie name thing? I haven't been able to find a tutorial on where I could fix it
This should work:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....34&#post5721634
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:54 PM
I haven’t been able to get the scripted stuff to work - I get a notification with a goal when I load each household, like filling the buffet table in the first household, but I do the thing it asks and nothing else happens. I’m not sure how to solve anything...

(Edit: I removed my entire mods folder and it didn’t seem to make any difference.)

I am loving the ‘hood though, the characters and their connections are super interesting.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 6:58 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 17th Mar 2021 at 10:34 PM.
*Plant beside bed in Mishra apartment blocks access and needs to be moved.

*(PARK) Residential dust bin (trash can) and residential mailbox need to be removed with move objects cheat. . Replace with public phone and community lot trash can.

*I added the soda and candy vending machine from University to the park. One on each side of restroom doors and placed public trash can nearby. My Sims expect to have some kind of picnic in a park (LOL)

*When I first played the Fontana home it took some deep looking around to find baby furniture. Ended up giving the little fella a dog pillow bed and a few toys. The lack of baby things told me that his mother is not interested in caring for him. Good visual story telling. Good thing the robot adores the little one!

UPDATE: Somehow I missed the noticing that a bedroom (which appears to be meant for the toddler when he ages up includes what looks to be a closet nursery)
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 16th Mar 2021 at 11:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AltheaFarseer
I haven’t been able to get the scripted stuff to work - I get a notification with a goal when I load each household, like filling the buffet table in the first household, but I do the thing it asks and nothing else happens. I’m not sure how to solve anything...

(Edit: I removed my entire mods folder and it didn’t seem to make any difference.)

I am loving the ‘hood though, the characters and their connections are super interesting.

Same here. I can not for certain work out what setting up the buffet relates to or what it triggers or signifies? Is there something in the food? I do see that fighting breaks out in some manner in nearly every household. The party in the Fontana home is broken up by the police. For some reasons the Sims in this community do not get one well with one another. Basically we are looking for who it is that murdered Founder Abraham Helios. I don't wish to share any "spoilers".

UPDATE: What I have done is to start over and to pay closer attention. For example somehow I missed the upstairs bedroom with the closet nursery. It appears that the bedroom is meant for the little boy . I expect that when this is released here at MTS a conversation thread will happen separate from the download page. Perhaps help and hints can be shared then without giving too much away. And then some will wish to continue after solving the mystery.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 11:34 PM
I expect others would like to also know: When can the 2 custom scripting files be removed?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 11:31 AM
I put all my cc back, re-installed the hood (like the 5th time I've done that). And, for no reason I'm getting the "scripts". And, as advertised, they are like Maxis "training" hints; like to bring a toddler to a cake. I have NOT found that doing whatever is said causes anything unusual to happen. Like: filling the buffet table causes people to eat, which makes some people sick --doesn't happen. Although I HAVE 2 people really sick.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#34 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I put all my cc back, re-installed the hood (like the 5th time I've done that). And, for no reason I'm getting the "scripts". And, as advertised, they are like Maxis "training" hints; like to bring a toddler to a cake. I have NOT found that doing whatever is said causes anything unusual to happen. Like: filling the buffet table causes people to eat, which makes some people sick --doesn't happen. Although I HAVE 2 people really sick.

I noticed that a Sim at the party in the Fontana home is acting ill. She is part of the family in the next home in the play order. She and her brother are both very ill and unable to recover. There are hints that the father, Giovani, might prefer to have his youngest as his heir. I'm thinking that the scripts are perhaps meant to bring our attention to certain things and help to give us hints or information related to the mystery? Also pretty much every major player appears to be at the party in the first home.

Oh, If I correctly recall the first names of two of the elder main characters are interesting. Cain and Abraham.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 10:27 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 18th Mar 2021 at 1:40 AM. Reason: I am old and slow
Chun Household:
Dresser in downstairs bedroom is too close to bed.
No telephone (at least not that I could find). Teen son needs a phone to be able to fulfill saved want to sneak out,

Daughter in Chun home is not thriving. Unable to fill hunger need. Mother is ill with a cold and is able to recover) I expect this is supposed to happen.

NOTE: Removing the BO mod that allows toddlers and children to be left alone allowed the social worker to check on the family.

(This will be my 4th play through of the play order.)
I am making a list of hints that may help without being "spoilers".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 8:12 AM
Okay so it seems that a majority of people really don't get the scripted events, jeez :b

This is spoiling but I feel like y'all need it so you can actually understand- here is the ENTIRE list of scripted events so you guys get it, (jfc)

Fontana - Cain and Giovanni are supposed to fight, related to the murder
Rivales - All three of the kids are scripted to go down into aspiration failure. Kaeilynn doesn't get her first kiss, Jolanda gets sick and passes out, and Fabio is scripted to go to social failure and meet the social bunny
Hydes - Scripted woohoo when first loaded in
Chun - Birthday party, but Elaine has to go to work, therefore negative relationship
Bellamy - Scripted engagement
Helios / Munoz - Scripted giving birth
Mishra - Scripted promotion
Soileh - Scripted job firing
Durant - Scripted fights, reveal of minor plot twist
Armstrong - Scripted falling in love

Now please stop talking about the scripted events "not working" again if none of the things above are not happening it is probably your mods folder causing the lots to reset. The only real bugs are the missing phone, fixing the community lot and setting the names to work for all languages, which I STILL have not gotten a tutorial on that is easy, the one @simsample linked is not a step by step on where do I find these text lists. Ty

Also @teafortwo everyone being sick is not intended, we didn't have that bug during playtesting so it may be a mod of yours?
Forum Resident
#37 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 9:02 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 19th Mar 2021 at 2:14 AM.
Okay so it seems that a majority of people really don't get the scripted events, jeez :b

This is spoiling but I feel like y'all need it so you can actually understand- here is the ENTIRE list of scripted events so you guys get it, (jfc)

Also @teafortwo everyone being sick is not intended, we didn't have that bug during playtesting so it may be a mod of yours?

The scripted events do work in my game as you have described.
I removed the disease mods and the BO mod where children can be left alone before this current play test using a new copy of the ARKHELIOS.
So, apparently the little Chun girl starving despite eating is a problem on my end. Oh dear!
It will, I expect, be of help for players to know that certain mods can interfere.

RIVALES: This will be my 5th fresh start first play through and I continue to have the same problem with this family. The first kiss happens as expected. After that none of the family will move or do anything other than stand in place unless directed. Giovani will, however, move to go to work . It is the same each time. This does not happen in any of the other households. (Correction this also happens in the FONTANA household) Does this happen in anyone else's game? (UPDATE Freewill is off in the RIVALES and FONTANA lots.)
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 12:52 PM
RIVALES: This will be my 5th fresh start first play through and I continue to have the same problem with this family. The first kiss happens as expected. After that none of the family will move or do anything other than stand in place unless directed. Giovani will, however, move to go to work . It is the same each time. This does not happen in any of the other households. Does this happen in anyone else's game?

That happened to me, Free Will was off for the lot so I turned it on and they started acting normally.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 2:05 PM
Now please stop talking about the scripted events "not working" again if none of the things above are not happening it is probably your mods folder causing the lots to reset.

If nothing else this tells you something; perhaps if you want people to test you should give clear instructions to test in a vanilla environment. Also, maybe people are expecting more dialog popups? They seem to have been expecting something else, so this could give you feedback for what instructions/ guidelines to give on the finished download. Please don't be too hard on testers, they are after all trying to help you.

The only real bugs are the missing phone, fixing the community lot and setting the names to work for all languages, which I STILL have not gotten a tutorial on that is easy, the one @simsample linked is not a step by step on where do I find these text lists. Ty

You just open the sim's character file. Neighbourhood> Sim Browser:

When you have opened the sim, click More>Open character file:

Then click Catalog Description.

The images that @Ovenhole uploaded should now make sense:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 2:21 PM
The mother of the Bellamy family doesn’t remember having her son Adam. Not sure if this is a deliberate thing or it was missed.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 9:10 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 19th Mar 2021 at 12:00 AM.
Default Suggestions For Creators Of This Wonderful Neighborhood :-)
Quote: Originally posted by AltheaFarseer
That happened to me, Free Will was off for the lot so I turned it on and they started acting normally.

FONTANA: Can someone please explain how to turn free will on in the Fontana household? And is this intended to be off? This should be addressed ahead of final release. If intended players will need to know. (Note/Later:. Looked at settings while in the household and saw where to do this.)

RIVALES: It would have helped me to have been told which pair of guests to focus on seeing how it is a big party and other guests end up fighting as well. (These Sims do tend to go at one another on other lots as well. Quite obvious they do not all get on well!)

MUNOZ: On the play order list this is actually the HELIOS lot. Which is a bit confusing. Perhaps change that to HELIOS.

I am willing to invest time in repeatedly play testing because ARKHELIOS is well done, refreshingly different , well crafted and worth my time. We who are testing are new to the neighborhood and are not as familiar with its inner workings and connections as its creators are. So, we testers are naturally going to stumble in the dark at times.

Thank you for the opportunity of play testing.

NOTE: I believe it to be helpful to future players to know that some mods interfere.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 12:30 AM Last edited by simsample : 19th Mar 2021 at 12:38 PM.
FONTANA: Can someone please explain how to turn free will on in the Fontana household? And is this intended to be off? This should be addressed ahead of final release. If intended players will need to know.
Right at the bottom; house specific options.

@redandvidya I tested this a bit today, I had some problems figuring out who was who at first because the names were all messed up, but I corrected the ones that seemed broken, but please excuse me if I have missed some and say a name you are not familiar with! I tested in a vanilla game except for the CEP and Nopke's shadow fix (plus the files required for this neighbourhood). Here are some observations so far, of course it may be that some or all of these are intentional, but I'll mention them anyway.

Edited to add, because someone mentioned it- The game environment I tested in is the disk install, all EPs and Sps.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:13 AM Last edited by grammapat : 19th Mar 2021 at 4:35 PM.
Default zombie question
Simsample: the missing floor & wall "coverings" is normal if you are missing an SP. Missing lights in various lots is common (may be intentional); Rivales house has 2 frigs but no other kitchen stuff. Some houses are missing phones, or have thing like a bookcase blocking a door (which must have been done deliberately with move-objects. Salam Helios has college memories, but no 2nd bar (I gave him).
I think the game automatically generates LTW, so I have been "correcting". Hope to be corrected if this is wrong. I did get told that some "stupid" sims will have no skill points (or personality!), and this is deliberate.
I am now getting scripts/prompts, and they are like Maxis prompts: "Can Hunter Bellemy propose to Wanda?" She's standing right there, and she accepted. But other scripts don't "work", a teen wants 1st kiss with girl he is good friend with & she's standing in front of him. But she rejects him! And Narcissa Soila - poor desperate girl! That nasty apartment, an hour's walk from the mail box, and the landlord won't fix things. Her script says she wants to look through the telescope, "don't go to work". She gets slapped by someone already hated her. And without going to work, I can't keep her alive!
I did find "hints" - that baby furniture and surgery dummy under the Fontana house, bones under a big hood rock, see more info by running clean-installer .
At the risk of destroying a hint or something hidden in a house, I have remodeled one, and moved a family to a new lot and rebuilt
Zombie Diana Armstrong LIKE ALL ZOMBIES doesn't remember dying, or "coming back". Her script involves Cain Helios, she seems to be afraid of him, but he came over and they kissed on their own; so I'm thinking he did NOT kill her.
NOTE: Simsample says Narcissus has memory of becoming zombie, so I must be wrong about this being normal. Unless that is a CREATED memory. I'm beginning to see that creators have deliberately done things (as part of the plot) - but some people (me ) thought they were just errors.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:18 AM
I expect others would like to also know: When can the 2 custom scripting files be removed?

Remove them after using; they are pictures, meant for 2 specific people. MY question; the rest of the promts/ scripts are SOMEWHERE else, and will reappear every time you enter the lot. So how do you turn THOSE off?

Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:22 AM
But other scripts don't "work", a teen wants 1st kiss with girl he is good friend with & she's standing in front of him. But she rejects him!

So, Kaeileen wants to kiss the boy, and she has a high relationship with him, but if you check how he feels about her, it's a lot lower. There's no way he'd accept that kiss, so I don't think that's an issue with something "not working", its just supposed to fail.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 2:02 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 19th Mar 2021 at 7:47 AM.
PLAY TEST SIX: PART ONE
(I hope this is somewhat helpful)

FONTANA: Stepford Street
Freewill is off when lot is entered which explains why Oriana and Ironman do nothing but stand around.

Turned freewill on.
Followed the prompt to have Oriana open buffet table.( We now know that among the ensuing brawls we are to notice that Cain and Giovani go after one another and we now know that this has something to do with Abraham's murder. Someone who is new to playing ARKHELIOS will not intuitively know this.)

Seeing Abraham's Urn on display in the foyer gives me the impression that the party may be a wake for him.

With freewill on Ironman takes care of the toddler. He is also programmed to take care of household chores.
Played until Wednesday

RIVALES: Snakebite
Freewill is off when lot is entered preventing Sims from doing anything on thier own.
Turned freewill on.
Installed fire alarm (The mother set the kitchen, herself and other family members on fire previously during this play through, So. I left the lot without saving. Started over, again, and installed a fire alarm in the kitchen)
Jolanda (who was ill at the gathering in the FONTANA home) is yet ill. However, she does recover.
Fabio suffers aspiration failure and dies.

Pinball game in Fabio's room can not be played owing to how it is placed sideways against a wall. Moved it into the hallway.

QUSTION:
Are Fabio and Jolanda both meant to pass away?
Does turning freewill on prevent something that is meant to happen?
The Social Bunny did not show up. Perhaps because with freewill on Fabio was able to socialize?

CHUN: Nuclear Family
(Placed missing phone and kitchen fire alarm)
Freewill is on upon entering lot.
Question: Is it intentional that Lucy remain hungry prompting Social Worker to remove 2 youngest children?

UPDATE: Part 2 of Play Test 6
I've given attention to simply play testing (to the best of my ability) without attempting to solve the "who dunnit". Now it is time to relax and enjoy playing. Meanwhile I will follow this thread , My ARKHELIOS Sims plan to throw a party when this neighborhood is shared here at MTS.

ARMSTRONG; Diana needs to buy a kitty litter pan!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 2:08 AM
Remove them after using; they are pictures, meant for 2 specific people. MY question; the rest of the promts/ scripts are SOMEWHERE else, and will reappear every time you enter the lot. So how do you turn THOSE off?

Are the two pictures the 2 script files included in the folder we are instructed to place in downloads? There is also a custom script pkg file in the ARKH Neighborhood folder.
Scholar
#48 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 12:17 PM
About the game randomly renaming Sims. In my case it was only the townies and NPC, even though my game is in English. What I did, before starting to play, I opened each Sim's Character file in SimPe, just like Simsample showed above, clicked Default lang only, commit, save. For each Sim, even playables, just in case. Now all Sims keep their names.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 12:40 PM
Simsample: the missing floor & wall "coverings" is normal if you are missing an SP. Missing lights in various lots is common (may be intentional)
@grammapat I have all EPs and SPs in the game I tested in. I realise some missing lights (in hidden rooms) may be intentional, but one lot had no lights at all which may not be.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 4:21 PM Last edited by grammapat : 19th Mar 2021 at 4:40 PM.
Default reply to Simsample
Are the two pictures the 2 script files included in the folder we are instructed to place in downloads? There is also a custom script pkg file in the ARKH Neighborhood folder.

Yes, the pictures are in that folder, and there are 2 other things in there that look like flooring. But run that folder with clean pack installer for some surprise info! I didn't see the script pg in the hood folder; that must be what to remove when you've gotten all the prompts.
===
Missing floor/walls: so looks like some may be missing by accident. But some may be missing on purpose, as a clue. But we won't be able to know which ones MEAN something, so that's pretty frustrating.

Page 2 of 4