Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Lola" - Sexy 3D Heels for Females (2 Versions)

by Elexis Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 8:27 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2012 at 5:59 AM by Elexis

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 91 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 5:42 PM
Hi, I am having some trouble with the shoes, perhaps you could help?

When I put the shoes on my sim, the ankle becomes odd looking

But, then if I put Anubis Athena Sandals on, the ankles do not have the weirdness

Smeg Head
#52 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nerdiella
When I put the shoes on my sim, the ankle becomes odd looking

I, too, am seeing same in CAS. Though it is not very noticible in game. Also, with socks or stockings, it is virtually undetectable. A non-issue really. Thanks for the lovely shoes, Elexis.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 10:16 PM
Guys, check the warning note in the upload post, I wrote about it when I was uploading these.
You shouldn't see anything in Live Mode, unless you are using the poorly painted skintone which ankle texture won't match.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#54 Old 1st May 2012 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Guys, check the warning note in the upload post, I wrote about it when I was uploading these.
You shouldn't see anything in Live Mode, unless you are using the poorly painted skintone which ankle texture won't match.

It's a normals glitch caused by UV mapping, right?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st May 2012 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
It's a normals glitch caused by UV mapping, right?

Yes, the mesh is mirrored and both shoes are mapped in the same place in order to keep the bigger texture. Like I said, it shouldn't be visible in game, I had an issue only once with the skintone that had uneven texture on both ankles, with all others (EA and best CC skins) they look seamless in game.

EDIT: These aren't tested on Mac, so I can't guarantee that it will work just as fine as for me if you are on Mac.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st May 2012 at 3:38 PM
Yes, the mesh is mirrored and both shoes are mapped in the same place in order to keep the bigger texture. Like I said, it shouldn't be visible in game, I had an issue only once with the skintone that had uneven texture on both ankles, with all others (EA and best CC skins) they look seamless in game.

EDIT: These aren't tested on Mac, so I can't guarantee that it will work just as fine as for me if you are on Mac.

That's the problem when you have limited texture space. I once ran into similar problems when I made a skin mod for Unreal Tournament 3, as I had to do some workarounds just to make my converted character work ingame.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#57 Old 3rd May 2012 at 1:53 AM
They're very cute Elexis, I love them. Thank you so much.
Grabbed both versions
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:41 PM
Thanks so much, much prettier than EA.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:16 AM
These are perfect, I love them :3
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:50 AM
I love it!! :3
Theorist
THANKS POST
#61 Old 5th May 2012 at 8:19 PM
zOMGosh!!! We need MOAR 3D shoes!! With loads of heels Thanks so much for these, I can't wait to get them in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:27 AM
Love them! Thank you so much! <3
Test Subject
#63 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:50 AM
I hope you release that edited store hair soon because I love it! :D
I love the shoes too!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th May 2012 at 5:57 PM
Great! I can't wait to see them in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 10th May 2012 at 5:07 AM
Man, I wish I had shoes like these they are so cute. :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 12th May 2012 at 4:43 PM
wow i'm sure these will look amazing in the game <3 thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:49 AM
These are so cool! The items that you make are quality!!
Test Subject
#68 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 12:32 AM
Can I ask what skintone you are using. I've tried a few, and I have had the same problem every time. It looks like my sim's ankles were sliced off and she is wearing someone else's feet! looooove these shoes, but I'm too anal to let that ankle thing slide. Any suggestions??
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vinyl
Can I ask what skintone you are using. I've tried a few, and I have had the same problem every time. It looks like my sim's ankles were sliced off and she is wearing someone else's feet! looooove these shoes, but I'm too anal to let that ankle thing slide. Any suggestions??

Please read my post carefully before asking. Ankle seams are visible only in CAS and not in-game, I explained in post why I did this.
All skintones are listed under the Credits button.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#70 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, I was already using LadyFrontbum's skin tones and was still having issues. The seam was apparent even in game, zoomed out, etc. I have my sim detail set to high also. A graphics card issue, maybe? Although I have found that throwing a pair of fishnets on my sim makes it hardly noticeable.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 7:33 PM
Btw have you come to realized that something in your 3D shoes break some of the hair meshes? It happens with all of your shoes, these lola, spring-grace and even the autumn-lace. Maybe the morphs conflict with some hair meshes. For me it happens with some of Newsea hairs and Butterfly-sims. Oh anyway I don't know if you care but in case you do, just thought to tell you. Otherwise I totally love everything you make<3
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Btw have you come to realized that something in your 3D shoes break some of the hair meshes? It happens with all of your shoes, these lola, spring-grace and even the autumn-lace. Maybe the morphs conflict with some hair meshes. For me it happens with some of Newsea hairs and Butterfly-sims.

Just to clarify how things work in Sims 3 - shoe morphs have nothing to do with hairs at all. They don't even share the same texture sheet as shoes (only clothing does), so there are no possible way for shoes to cause an issue like that.
This is definitely the cause of those some hairs, otherwise the issue would be visible on all hairs.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 8:38 AM
These shoes are so cute!! i love them!
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 1:46 PM
Just to clarify how things work in Sims 3 - shoe morphs have nothing to do with hairs at all. They don't even share the same texture sheet as shoes (only clothing does), so there are no possible way for shoes to cause an issue like that.
This is definitely the cause of those some hairs, otherwise the issue would be visible on all hairs.

If it's not the morph it can always be another issue in the shoes. I'd suspect the hairs to have the issue if they didn't work with any other custom shoes but they do work with all and only get that problem once your shoes are put on. But oh well, whatevah, no biggie. I can use other hairs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 3:25 PM
awesome, but please make them for teens!
Page 3 of 5