Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 10:15 AM
Default Trouble with Tuning and Autonomy
I'm almost done with my yoga mod, but I want to make some of the values in the code tunable. However, despite my best efforts, I can't get the game to recognize the tuning changes. The variables I want to change both govern the length of time it takes for a certain moodlet to be added to the sim using the yoga mat and are implemented through alarms under the Run() section. I have also correctly modified the AssemblyInfo.cs. The code is in the spoiler:

And I set up the XML file like this (Instance is Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alunn.PracticeYoga):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base>
<Current_Tuning>
<kMinsToAddFatigued value="240">
<!--Minutes to add the Fatigued moodlet-->
<kMinsToAddFatigued>
<kMinsToAddTranquil value="30">
<!--Minutes to add the Tranquil moodlet-->
<kMinsToAddTranquil>
</Current_Tuning>
</base>

I'm stumped on where to go from here

Additionally, is there a tutorial on how to make an object interaction autonomous? I'd like for non-playable sims to use the yoga mat on their own.

Note: I made this thread separate from my yoga mod thread because while these questions do relate to that mod, the answers will help me create other mods in the future.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 10:47 PM
The instance name of your tuning XML should be "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alunn.YogaMat+PracticeYoga" (minus the quotes, of course).

Fully-qualified type names (which the XML instance must follow in order for the game to find and instantiate the tuning variables) follow the format "[Namespace].[OutermostClass]+[NestedClass]+[NestedNestedClass]..."

As far as making interactions autonomous goes, that's done through ITUNs. Basically, you mark the interaction as valid for autonomous use and then set up "advertisements" encouraging Sims to automatically perform the interaction in order to fulfill specific "commodities." Take a look here and here for more info.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
The instance name of your tuning XML should be "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Alunn.YogaMat+PracticeYoga" (minus the quotes, of course).

Fully-qualified type names (which the XML instance must follow in order for the game to find and instantiate the tuning variables) follow the format "[Namespace].[OutermostClass]+[NestedClass]+[NestedNestedClass]..."

As far as making interactions autonomous goes, that's done through ITUNs. Basically, you mark the interaction as valid for autonomous use and then set up "advertisements" encouraging Sims to automatically perform the interaction in order to fulfill specific "commodities." Take a look here and here for more info.

Thanks for the breakdown on tuning XML names, that was a huge help. Happy to report my tunings are working now! And thanks for the links on ITUNs as well. I think I've got those set up properly, but I had no idea there were so many different commodity kinds to choose from.