Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:42 AM
Goth Manor & Capp Manor
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 5:18 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 1st Feb 2017 at 8:39 PM.
So I figured this was the best thread to post my fully renovated Sim State University Buildings. All the Quad buildings and park area have been completely redone!

Here's the Coffee House! It was knocked down completely and rebuilt! There was simply no way to actually renovate the first building. It was horrible and made no sense. So I was looking for building inspiration online and stumbled over a picture of Tandem Coffee and Bakery in Portland, Maine. It's adorable so I made some likeness of the building in Sims 2.

In the pics, you'll see the outside eating area for summer meals, the bakery where you can buy meals on the go or sit and eat, and the dine in area. There's parking out front, bike parking on the side of the building, and the art students use the back wall of the bakery as a changing art display area where they spray paint various art pieces over the semesters.

Still don't know how to get my pics to show large in the actual post... Sorry.

UPDATED: Added a picture so that you could see the earlier horror.
Screenshots

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 5:26 AM
You are using the in game camera 'C' key. To get extra large pictures you need to use a screenshot program. These need to be changed from BMP shots to JPG or PNG to upload to this site.

I showed a comparison on post #16 on this thread https://www.modthesims.info/show...919#post5136919

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:14 PM
The Abode de L'Amour. I never understood this house as a residential. After the wedding is over, you have to redecorate. I went with a modern, minimalist style and increased the size.
Before

Front

Side (and guest enjoying the hot tub)

Top down view of second floor to show size of interior
Forum Resident
#30 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 1:15 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 1st Feb 2017 at 8:57 PM.
Here's another Maxis renovated building at Sim State University. The Sim State Library has been heavily renovated into a new research and technology media center. A new Bistro has been added to the first floor along with a small art exhibit featuring a new collection each month!

(I attended a University with a research library and have worked in libraries. Seeing what this building originally looked like made me cringe it was so bad. So while most of the main walls remain, everything was changed to include what you would find at most higher education libraries. There's even a projector on the third floor!)

UPDATED: Included the original library. *shudders*

It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 9:23 PM
The Sim State Campus Lounge was like many of the other buildings on campus. It left me completely confused as to it's purpose. There was no point for this building except for housing musical instruments. It needed to have some type of function other than badly played music and books. So I made it into a University Center Extension. The main University Center (which was the last rebuilt lot) couldn't contain more entertainment elements. So the UC Extension is a very versatile place.

The brand new UC Extension contains: The Red Note Lounge, The Ball Pit, a Food and Coffee Bistro, a computer lab, and a Gaming Arena.

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:55 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:01 AM.
Capp Manor
Before:

After several generations - extended, double garage added, gardens and pool:
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 2:08 AM
I've been desecrating decorating the House of Fallen Trees in Veronaville. The latest victims residents won't be able to move in until I've finished writing the latest update to Veronaville's story, but here are some pictures of what they will have to look forward to. Many thanks to Pixelhate, Psychosim and a long list of others who made stuff that I used.

I've seen much better remodels of this house on other people's blogs, but here are my efforts so far.

I haven't yet put anything interesting in any other areas of the house or the lot (other than those mysterious green lights in the attic dormers ), so no pictures of other areas.
Scholar
#34 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:49 PM
Very nice indeed! I tried to use the "House of Fallen Trees" once but for some reason the faces of my sims (the playable, not their guests) glinshed out in a very strange manner. I did move them out and they were fine but I still see this lot as a "no-go" in my game.

Right now I remake the "Forsythe Place" and I will post here when I'm done.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:02 AM
Forsythe Place can be an interesting house. I look forward to seeing your version of it.
Scholar
#36 Old 6th May 2017 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 6th May 2017 at 4:01 PM.
And now the time has come to present some images of my biggest lot ever. As the images may be quite big I do put them under spoilers. Not the firs one however as it's quite important for the post itself. All images are mine but thie first one is from Sims Wikia. (I hope you don't mind). No: I have not tested this lot/house and do not know if it's work correctly or not! Sorry for all the edits but I was not sure about the size of the images.

Now this is booring. Time for a complete make over.

Now this is a 100 pro better.

A view from the backside of the house showing the 2:nd floor. Yes, there's only a narrow hallway as I wanted the area under it to be open.

Kitchen, dining room, hallway and a bathroom. A lot of CC on this lot!

Indoor pool, bedroom and bathroom. The pool can only be build on terrain so I did lower the floor.

Interested? This lot is ONLY 242 509 Simillions. (Read this whit a annoying voice) But Wait! If you call whitin 5 minutes you will get a 1957 Chevy cabrio for free!! Yihaa!
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:27 PM
The Curious house - non functional and huge expense for ROMAN COLUMNS!?

And the stupidist interior

became this

The bedrooms are upstairs, except for the 3 kids.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#38 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 8:04 PM
OK fine, it's all about ME!!
Here's a redo of Landgrab's pool:

Alchemist
#39 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:25 AM
am in the process of a renovation. the changes are in following thread:: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599516

attached are pictures of the lot's beginning state. screenshots 1 through 3 are of whole lot; screenshots 4 through 9 are of rooms.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 6:29 PM
I might love it..but would need to see INTERIOR shots of the FINISHED buildings. These "boxes in the distance" ...um..???

Instructor
#41 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:38 PM
My touch-up of the downtown lot Midnight Flows, inspired by JodelieJodelie's makeover.
Page 2 of 2