Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:16 PM
Default Black Rose
A/N: So, I decided I would release my (currently only) fanfiction, Black Rose. It's a Legend of Zelda fanfic, and there isn't any real romance in it, although it becomes more apparent later that Link likes Zelda, yadda yadda yadda. If you like it, leave a comment! Be warned, the first... like, ten chapters suck IMO.

FORMÁLI

I waited quietly on the street corner,I just waiting. I looked mostly normal. This wasn’t a huge town, and plenty of people stood by me, waiting for the late traffic - an old man and a bicycler - to pass. Unexpectedly, a voice called my name. It was a voice I had heard many times, a voice that had echoed over entire dimensions, just to honor me with its presence. It was a deep voice, which echoed of untold power and the strength to make the mountains tear from their foundations and slope towards the deepest trench of the ocean.

I waited quietly on the street corner, just waiting. I looked mostly normal. This wasn’t a huge town, and plenty of people stood by me, waiting for the late traffic - an old man and a bicycler - to pass. Unexpectedly, a voice called my name. It was a voice I had heard many times, a voice that had echoed over entire dimensions, just to honor me with its presence. It was a deep voice, which echoed of untold power and the strength to make the mountains tear from their foundations and slope towards the deepest trench of the ocean.

“I cannot speak with you here, those who are deaf will hear you,” said the voice, speaking of my fellow pedestrians. I quickly stepped away from them, fleeing through the shadows until I had reached a safe spot - in the deepest shadows of the alleys, scarred with graffiti and the occasional bullet hole.

“Good boy,” said the voice, obviously pleased. “You follow orders well… that will make you a valuable asset… Boy, I need you to follow me, no matter what. Always obey my orders and never back away from a fight. Those who are strong reside with you, from now, until the day you die. It is time for us to take what we deserve… courage and wisdom… but dear boy, I have been defeated by those who hold courage and wisdom most dear… I give my strength to you… now join me.”

Suddenly, I was enveloped by what can only be described as the absence of light. Through that absence of light slunk a creature that I could only hear at first. However, as it got closer, I could see it as a shadow, darker than the absence of light itself. It was every fear in the world, but at the same time, it was every bitter feeling from hatred to pain. A noiseless scream escaped my being as it merged with me, weighing me down with every horrible thing…

I awoke, standing in an ancient castle. I was the true essence of strength and power, but also of pain, hate and fear. Oddly, that did not disturb me; instead, it excited me beyond all reasons. A vision swam before my eyes. It was of a girl, nearly fifteen. She would join the one who had courage in his heart and the one who held knowledge in the palm of her hand. This young girl had to die before she was made aware of her powers.

As this man grew in power and hatred, the girl tossed and muttered in her sleep, unaware of what was soon to be.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 1:12 AM
I think I forgot to mention this last time, but I actually wrote the prologue for the story after I had written the first six chapters, so if this (real) first chapter seems poorly written compared to the prologue, that's what happen xD

CHAPTER ONE

I lay on my bed, staring at the patterns of light on my ceiling. A glass ornament, in the shape of a rose, hung in front of the window, catching the light in its facets and throwing them about my room haphazardly. I sighed and sat up, my head almost brushing the ceiling - I slept on the top bunk of my bunk bed, it made me feel less… vulnerable. It was the first day of summer vacation, and I was bored out of my mind. My friends had all gone off to visit relatives, or on vacations to sunny tropical islands, while I was stuck here enjoying the watery rays of sun, as recompense for the almost continual rainfall that would be my scenery for the next twenty-nine days.
I slid down the ladder that connected my bed with the ground and stuck a disk into my little CD player. Savior, by Rise Against, started playing loudly. I knew that no one would hear it - my brother was at summer school, my dad was at work and my mom was at the school, watching the summer school kids for a few hours while the teacher ran errands. I sang along to the track, harmonizing when I thought it was needed. After the song ended, I decided to go outside while the rain had stopped. It was actually a beautiful day; the rain had turned the farmland around my house an emerald green. Grabbing my camera as I walked out the door, I resolved to take a few good pictures for June’s blog entry.
My boots squelched loudly in the mud and I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head, to cut the noise. I snapped a few pics from the front yard; as I looked around for another “victim” my eye caught the forest at the back of the property. I hadn’t taken any pictures there before. I climbed over the gate and trekked back to and around the pond. I knelt down and took a few pictures of the old bee boxes that were rotting in the mini-canyon of the forest. An overly large drop of water tapped my hood and I looked up - another picture opportunity. I flopped onto my back and quickly took a picture of the trees. That was definitely going on my blog. A flash of color brought me back to my senses and I jumped to my feet, on the lookout for anything threatening. A dark hole had opened in the side of the canyon, beckoning to me. Oddly enough, even though I hated dark holes and the mere thought of what might be in there, I really wanted to go in. I ran back to the house, almost falling into the pond on my way back. I stomped the mud off my boots and rushed around, grabbing everything I might need and finally, before rushing out the door again, I left a hastily scrawled note for my mom.
I stood before the hole in the canyon, looking inside, gathering my courage. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, before stepping inside. There was a brief flash of light, and sensation of weightlessness, before I collapsed, senseless on the floor.
I opened my eyes weakly; I was still inside the cave, but I felt different. I felt more powerful, less… heavy. I also felt like a steaming pile of crap. I ran through a list of things - where I lived, who I was, what the date was, when I was born, my phone number and even my email address. I didn’t have concussion, so I stood up slowly and walked to the mouth of the cave. I wasn’t in the forest anymore, I wasn’t in the USA, and I wasn’t even on earth. I was looking out over Hyrule.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 6:36 PM
So uh... we got some crazy crap in the next... I think six(?) chapters, mostly because I was still working on the plot, wasn't a very good writer and I needed something to happen. So yeah... be warned

CHAPTER TWO

I looked around in awe; this wasn’t real, it couldn’t be. I let out a small squeak and sat down at the entrance, hugging my knees. I gasped and glanced down; I was wearing a leather bodysuit, concealed by a long, black coat. I was also thin and athletic, which, for me, isn’t normal. Carrying two glock pistols and two samurai swords was, also, not normal for me. I didn’t even know how to load a gun, let alone actually shoot one correctly. Movement in the fields caught my eye, and I saw a familiar figure heading towards the cave.
“Oh no…” I breathed. Of course he would have to come along and investigate this, just my luck. Now, before I continue, I just have to say that I do not hate Link, or even dislike him. What is the opposite of hate? Yep. I’m a mostly typical fan-girl. My crush on him had lasted longer than any other fictional crush I had ever had.
I scrambled backwards into the cave and hid behind a big rock by the entrance. I had always wondered what would happen if I met him, face-to-face, and I always told myself that I was prepared for anything, but here I was, almost hyperventilating at the thought of meeting my hero. This was going to go stupendously.
I peeked around the rock slowly - he was gone. I slipped cautiously out of my hiding place and peeked out the cave. I wasn’t imagining it - he was actually gone. I walked out slowly, my hand flying instinctively to the hilt of one of the swords on my back. There was a flash of green in my peripheral vision and I jumped to the side. Link had just tried to attack me… cool. I put both of my hands up slowly.
“I’m not here to fight you,” I said quickly.
“What were you doing in there then?”
“It’s a long story,” I said, a tad hysterically. The last thing I wanted to do was have to explain that I came from a magic portal in the cave.
“I have time,” he said, eye’s narrowing. This was like my worst nightmare. But this wasn’t a dream; I had grazed my elbows when I landed.
“Umm…” I said uncertainly, trying to stall for time.
“We can do this the easy way or the hard way,” he said, angrily. Why did the first person I met have to be him? There was only one thing to do - run like a maniac and hope I lived.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:23 AM
SHOOP-DA-WOOP. Long time, no see, eh? Well, yeah. I'm lazy by nature. Here's the next chapter. ENJOY, if you actually like the rubbish I put out!

CHAPTER THREE

I waited for an opening, trying to stall until I had the chance.
“Answer me,” he said. I jumped, startled out of my thoughts. Then I saw my opening; I ran like a freaking antelope. I heard him yell something, but I was too far away to hear him. I risked a glance and he was catching up to me… fast. Crud. I decided I wouldn’t look back after that.
Because of the fact I wasn’t accustomed to running very long, I was running out of breath. I’m pulling a Gimli saying this, but I am a natural sprinter, but I’m finished over long distances. Slowing down after pulling something like that would be like signing my own death warrant. Of course, running as fast I was, I couldn’t keep it up for very long and I fancied I could feel something breathing down my neck. Once again, crud.
I slowed down slightly, hoping it wasn’t going to hurt me. I was able to keep running, so I counted that as a victory. I was wrong. You see, when I slowed down, Link thought I was planning something, so he slowed down too; he told me this later, when we were - more or less - friends. Anyways, he tackled me. I went down instantly, which might have thrown him off guard. I’m still not sure, he won’t admit it, but then again, neither would I.
I made sure when I fell to flip myself so I landed on my back; of course, by doing that, he kneed me in the stomach a couple times, accidentally… maybe. I almost threw up. Then he literally kneeled down on me to stop me from getting away. He also looked angry. Great.
“What is the matter with you,” he said. A statement, not a question.
“Too much to actually name,” I said, a little bit of insolence in my voice.
“I’m going to say this slowly, because you don’t seem to be very bright,” he said, his face inches from mine. “You will tell me who you are and what you’re doing here… now.”
I felt a dizzying sense of nausea, caused by his nearness and my recent misadventure, not to mention my infatuation with him. I opened my mouth to say something and blacked out.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:55 AM
Hello? Wait... you're still here? ................ Well, that's kind of surprising. ANYWAYS, I'm going to try to update this more regularly and what-have-you. I have a school break coming up pretty soon, so I'll be able to work on this story some more, and update more. But, after that's over, I'm going to be really busy until... probably... let's say May 7th/8th, just to be safe. I can't remember the other vacation dates. So, if I'm not updating this regularly, I'm busy. With Math. And Science. Bleck.

CHAPTER FOUR

When I woke up, the sun was setting and a campfire was burning close to where I sat. I tried to move my hands close to the fire - they were as cold as if I had been on my laptop all day long - but they were tied together. Crud. I groaned and slumped forward. Not only did I have a splitting headache - probably because I had, in the past few hours, proven reality as I knew it wrong - I also had gotten myself captured in a matter of ten minutes after arriving here in the first place. I was also, at the moment, alone. After wallowing in self-pity for approximately three more seconds, I got an idea that simultaneously made me look on myself as a possible genius and incredibly stupid for not have considering the idea before.
I was completely alone, and I was pretty sure if I scooted a little to the right, I could reach one of my katana with my foot. Link had made sure to disarm me, including the guns. I wasn’t even sure how to explain that when he came back… if he came back.
I fell over with a thump, probably leaving a bruise or a scrape across my face. I inched my way along, looking up every now and then to see how I was progressing, or whether I was going to hit the fire. Finally, the sword was in reached and I gripped it between my boots. After I had pulled myself into a sitting position, I worked the hilt of the sword between my teeth and sawed it back and forth on the cords binding my wrists. After a minute or two of sawing, I was rewarded with the snapping of rope and impending freedom.
The way he had tied me was that I could bend my elbows almost parallel to my body if my wrists were free. I would have an easier time of freeing myself now. Finally, victory and freedom. I quickly grabbed my weapons, and, after a moment’s hesitation, I took the rope that was still intact, too. You never know when you need rope. Besides, it was mine anyways. My backpack full of everything I needed had followed me into Hyrule. The way things looked inside my backpack made me think that Link had tried to figure out more about me by searching my stuff. Glad he didn’t find my secret pocket. It contained more feminine objects that I would prefer to keep hidden.
I slung my backpack over my shoulder and was about to leave when I realized that Link probably had a map. Sure enough, in the pile where he had thrown my weapons - boy was lucky the gun didn’t go off - there was a map. I picked it up and stashed it away quickly, comforting myself by saying ‘He knows more about this place then I do. Besides he owes me for the trouble.’ I felt bad about this whole situation. Why hadn’t he come back by now? He could have been hurt, or he had left me to die. But he had left the map, and it all appeared like he intended to come back.
I felt a horrible feeling in my gut; he might be watching right now. Even though I wasn’t an experienced elder, I did know that you could tell a lot about someone by the way they acted in a tough situation. This might be some perverse test. I muttered under my breath and started to run, readying one of the pistols, just in case. Of course, those wouldn’t help much against the skeletons. Anything else would be quite unhappy if I pulled the trigger.
It was dark out, and I wasn’t sure how long I had been running. I kept hearing noises behind me - a rustle now and then; maybe I would see a quick movement in my peripherals. Once or twice I was sure I felt hot breath on my neck and I would spin around, brandishing the pistol. Nothing was there, not once.
All of a sudden, something large and black launched itself out of the grass. I rolled to the side, and felt claws like fire rake down my side.
I growled, readying my other pistol. The creature charged me again, but I was ready this time. Ten feet away… eight… four; I jumped over it, shooting at any vulnerable looking spot. The creature howled with rage, white oozing from the bullet holes.
“An eye for an eye, what do you say,” I said matter-of-factly, gesturing to the cut. The creature sprang for me at the exact same moment I un-sheathed my swords. One of us wouldn’t be coming out of this alive.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD