Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:07 PM
Default Can’t search for instance ID’s on Sims 4 Studio
I am creating a mod and am having trouble searching for instance ID’s. It is very tedious looking through hundreds of files. Is there a way to search for it by typing words? There are three fields to type in but they do nothing. I saw this posted elsewhere however there are no answers that fix the problem. There must be a better way to search.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 4:39 PM
Three fields to type in?? Not sure what you mean. But do you mean locating tuning IDs for your custom mod, locating EA tuning IDs, or do you really mean just instances? If you meant locating EA tuning IDs/instances, you should grab XML Extractor and File Finder. File Finder will allow you to search (if you know the name) and will show the tuning ID and instance of the matching files. If you don't know the names, you can also use DocFetcher on the extracted files to locate files fitting your search criteria.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon