Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: functioning ferry wheel with 8 rideable slots; updated 09/21/2006

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 17th Sep 2006 at 9:55 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 9:30 PM by -Maylin-

325 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 309 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 14
Mad Poster
#151 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 1:23 AM Last edited by frankie : 19th Sep 2006 at 1:28 AM. Reason: Textual.
This is so cool and I am definitely downloading it now! Thank you! I hope you can eventually make more rides for us to create a full amusement park, as well as food stands and other kiosks and carnival objects. I love roller coasters, so I am hoping that one can be made sometime in the future. GREAT JOB!

EDIT: You should one day try making the seats two-seaters since it's that way in real life. Just a suggestion, that's all. And it would look realistic for Sims 2 stories.
Field Researcher
#152 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 1:26 AM
wow that's amazing!!!!! i really love it and do apreciate your work on this!

Adicta a los Sims xD (parece que no soy la unica!!:P)
Test Subject
#153 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 2:18 AM
Very cool and original, seems to work fine in my game so far.
It would be great to see more fairground stuff sometime.
But yeah, great job!
Test Subject
#154 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 2:30 AM
Way cool whats next?.....LOL.....Very good work...
Test Subject
#155 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 3:06 AM
Awsome! That's amazing.

Test Subject
#156 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 4:22 AM
Does anyone ONLY have Uni and use this object?
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 7:13 AM
Hey, I think I've missed something really obvious, but it is only working as a decoration on my lot. No options came up when I clicked on it. I'm guessing I've either a) missed a real obvious instruction (sorry - blushing) or I have a hack that clashes with it. Any advice? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 10:14 AM
one word: WOW! Maybe you could start up a "theme park project"? like the Simstone and HarryPotter projects?

http://www.freewebs.com/barneythegoldfish My monthly webcomic about a Goldfish and his adventures in a fishbowl..
http://www.freewebs.com/raikasims2/ my own SIMS 2 site, where some stuff is already up, but cooler stuff will be available soon ..Mesher(s) wanted, but not needed..
Test Subject
#159 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 12:55 PM
Fine. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#160 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 1:12 PM
This is really impressive! I hope you have plans for other rides, I'd love to make a theme park or carnival or something.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 7:07 PM
i just tested the ride in my game and it works perfectly well thankyou so much,I have wanted a ride for a long time I would love to do a fairground for my sims at least now I can make a start.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 8:37 PM
Workes great!!! =) truly amazing work
now we just need a doublewide vertion so our sims can sit in them and make out lol
what ferriswheel is complete without kissing your loved one at the top
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 3:18 AM
Wowwwwww Fantastic, thank you friend :p
Field Researcher
#164 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 4:03 AM
Amazing work! When do we get coasters??
Test Subject
#165 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 4:53 AM
The object will work well on a community Playground I am making in my game thanks you for your hard work
Field Researcher
#166 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 7:11 AM
It looks incredibly amazing. Also very unique and creative. You rock~~~.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#167 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 2:32 PM
I tested it on UNI comm lot - some upsetting got
Sims use it quite well but there are no fun boost while ride...
Just a smallest bit of it...

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 8:33 PM
Definantly one of the best objects ever created : ) I LOVE YOU
Instructor
Original Poster
#169 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 10:54 PM
First of all, thanks everyone for both kind words and critics

On the motives rising/dropping - I guess I figured out where the problem was. The thing is, I rised motives only while sim was in loop - so when sim was still riding but set to leave the wheel once possible (for example, because his or her Fun is maximum), motives weren't increased although sim is still in the wheel. Fixed that. However, sims waiting to leave the wheel don't and wouldn't animate (look around, change face expressions etc.) - it would need a major change in code, I somehow missed this when writing it.

On number of rides - currently, Fun change is set to take 2 hours to raise from minimum to maximum, full turn of wheel takes about 27 minutes, so sim with average Fun should've take about 2 turns before leaving. Anyway, I'll add 'Ride On (No Motive Exit' interaction which is the same as 'Ride On', but doesn't check Fun/Energy/Bladder - so sim will exit from it only via user cancel or other sim's Ask To Free All Seats.

On attractiveness - I tried to increase it; currently it should be about as atractive as expensive telescope.

On the other subjects...
Yes, I'm going to make ferry wheel with loveseats, but ways later - I have a lot of unfinished projects and would like to finish them first.
I'll try a roller coaster, but it's also would be ways later.
In general, the main problem is in sims animation - object animations are ways easier then them.

Quote: Originally posted by windgirl
it is only working as a decoration on my lot. No options came up when I clicked on it.
That's strange, Turn On should be available when the wheel is just created. Any chances you've missed it when clicking? I often click on wrong spots, with all these lines and holes in wheel shape. Clicking around wheel center, and clicking on Pause usually catch it.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 11:01 PM
This is an amazing mod... Whoa, never though someone could do something so impressive...

I hope you understand this as a good critic, but I think the mesh needs some work yet.

If the mesh was bigger it could 'fix' the problem with sims passing through the chairs, and it would also be easier to make more details :]
Test Subject
#171 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 12:59 AM
Not Found
The requested URL /files/2/5/6/6/3/2/MTS2_1401705_Jasana_BugBreeder_OBJ_ferrywheelJasana.rar was not found on this server.
Test Subject
#172 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 2:41 AM
I was all psyched up to download this and put in my game, but when I try to download it I'm getting an error message. Could someone help??
Field Researcher
#173 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 3:18 AM
I've been trying to redownload this all day and get the same error messages. All the other downloads here at MTS2 appear to work just fine.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#174 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 10:26 AM
This object looks amazing, but I'm also getting an error message when I try to download I guess I'll have to try again later!
Field Researcher
#175 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 10:51 AM
I see I'm not the only one getting an error. Hate to add to the clutter, but..."Me too."

I really, really want this. It looks just...well...all the good superlatives have been used, and it deserves every one of them!
Page 7 of 14