Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 5-JAN-2016) User-Directed Scolding + Other Punishment Tweaks

by icarus_allsorts Posted 10th Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2016 at 8:04 AM by icarus_allsorts : Russian translation added

135 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:51 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:38 PM
Thanks, This mod is so cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:39 PM
Thank you, I love you, I needed this as part of my storytelling and I was loosing hope of ever finding it...
(My teen sim is hated by her stepdad so she got an older boyfriend and sneaks out to meet him and I want to control the punishments.) again, THANK YOU.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:34 PM
Very cool, thanks ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 9:24 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 2:24 PM
I had to come back and write a full thank you. This mod is one of the best things in my game.
Auto-scolding has irritated me from the beginning, because I didn't have a choice, and because it consistently impeded my game in such confounding ways.
For instance. If I have sim-kids going to school, with plenty of time to get there, there is no reason why I should want the game to stop them in their tracks, turn them around, and send them back home to be scolded for missing school; that is why they're missing school!
This mod completely puts an end to that kind of thing. I am so much happier now. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 1:27 PM
Can you discipline toddlers? A time out will suffice for their tantrums
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:12 PM
This mod is so cool. Makes the game more realistic when it comes to parenting. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 7:01 PM
This is wonderful! I hated that my teenagers who had afterschool jobs (and for whatever reason can't take a take off) would get scolded for going to their prom!
Test Subject
#110 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 10:29 PM
Default Rar
I wish I can download this, but I can only download "zip" files and not RAR. Do you think upload this as a "zip" file as well?
I am sure it will be awesome for me if I could download it.
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:15 PM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 2:49 AM
Great mod, thank you!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#113 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 2:11 AM
This ought to prove VERY useful. One of my lots is a school with more than twenty pupils in it, I don't know who to feel more sorry for - the kids, or the teachers who spend half the time running after them scolding them for their wicked deeds! Thanks.
Test Subject
#114 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:31 AM
its not working
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#115 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 2:10 PM
Oh, thank you. I use this whenever I have children, or a situation they shouldn't go to school. This is incredibly useful, brilliant.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#116 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 8:10 PM
This is AWESOME ! For so long I had installed the Mod that disabled all punishments because they were flawed and uncontrollable. Not anymore! Thanks to you! Thanks again !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 9:10 PM
Thanks for this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 6:37 PM
Makes it more realistic. Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 5:15 AM
Thanks, this is just what I need! The default scolding system is way out of whack! The worst part is that it isn't cancelable.
I once had a teen get held up waiting at the staircase to get on the school bus & his "go to school" action timed out. I clicked again to send him to school, on his way out the door the "go to school" action was interrupted by a scolding action, he was grounded for "skipping school"...yeah. But it gets worse, when I clicked "go to school" a 3rd time, he was interrupted again, this time he was punished for breaking his grounding...to go to school! Then....guess what? While staying home grounded he got punished a 3rd time, guess why..."skipping school"....grrrr and it was the same adult sim punishing him each time, too! That's just crazy!
I have been using NRaas' retuner to turn off scolding completely, although I did want scolding available, just for it to be controllable by me.
Now I can let kids have days out of school when I want, & scold them for other things when I want. Maxis should've made scolding controllable from the start.

Thanks again! *hugs icarus_allsorts*
Test Subject
#120 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 1:29 AM
I'm hoping I can get help, but when I download this mod, my father still tries to scold his son- and then they just stand there, staring at each other.
The popups never happen, they still try to scold.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 8:14 PM
It has always annoyed me that FamilyOriented or Nurturing traits don't offer actual decent punishment or scolding options for children. Thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:35 PM
Sometimes, you jus dont want yo child to grow up wit responsibility lol.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#123 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
LOVE the time out idea!! Can't wait to try this! Ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:26 PM
Cool mod, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:26 PM
Would love to know if there is a SIMS 4 MOD just like this one?
Page 5 of 6