Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 11:32 AM
Default Technical question on some of your tools
Hi Moo!

I have some questions and if you don't want to answer, it is OK for me 'cause it is not that critical, but as they are related to your tools, I think you are the best person to ask to.

Is it possible to make your Wardrobe cleaner to be used in the Life Stories folder instead of TS2? I have 10 neighborhoods in Life Stories and I really wished to use the tool to clean up the extra clothing.

I have a very complicated method to use the Hack Conflict Detector from Simwardrobe in Life Stories : I made a dead installation of The Sims 2 Base Game, created a downloads folder and transfer all the Life Stories Mods to that folder, then run Hack Conflict on TS2 and it works. If it is not possible to adapt your Wardrobe Tool to LS, is it possible to make a similar craziness to clean up the clothing?

How could I make a BAT file to clean the groups cache of the Life Stories created by the gaming? The path of Life Stories contains the Trade Mark symbol (TM) and I couldn't get the bat file to find it, no matter what I do.

Thanks for any attention,
xptl
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Is it possible to make your Wardrobe cleaner to be used in the Life Stories folder instead of TS2?
Yes, it should be possible. However, I'm afraid that my to-do list is already pretty full, and this is not a high priority.

Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
How could I make a BAT file to clean the groups cache of the Life Stories created by the gaming? The path of Life Stories contains the Trade Mark symbol (TM) and I couldn't get the bat file to find it, no matter what I do.
Use the DOS 8.3 filename format, instead of long filenames. I believe that there is a parameter to the DIR command which will show you the 8.3 format.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 1:46 PM Last edited by xptl297 : 20th Aug 2013 at 5:07 PM. Reason: 1 problem solved
Thanks for your reply. No, it is not a high priority and I'm not in a hurry. I'll check this DOS 8.3 format, thanks.

The DOS bat file and 8.3 format problem is in the box, thanks to you and the Wikipedia. LOL! I became one more step clever.