Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Sand Simolean Point' A Neighborhood Designed for Beach Lots

by Phaenoh Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM by Phaenoh

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
#101 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
Thank you so much for this fantastic neighbourhood. My current one has only 3 possible beach lots (and the smaller ones grrr!) so i was kinda frustrated with it. Your awesome work made my wish possible: now my sims can have their own home on the seashore

Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#102 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:38 PM Last edited by KevinTMC : 1st Sep 2009 at 3:59 AM.
Thank you for this lovely neighborhood terrain and all the lots to put in it. I'm going to have fun getting it set up.

I liked the look of your original (unlowered) terrain better and wanted to still use it, even though imported beach lots didn't want to be placed there. Luckily I found a solution in the "Creating Usable Beach Lots" tutorial, found elsewhere on this site (http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=1913970). Worked like a charm for me; perhaps others might find it worth trying as well.

The one issue I haven't solved yet is that the terrain isn't nearly as pretty in my neighborhood screen. I figure it's either the limitations of my graphics hardware, or my doing it wrong, that must have caused this--but it seems odd because my game looks really quite good once I enter an actual lot. Perhaps there are separate neighborhood-level graphics settings that have been turned way way down somehow?

Here are examples of what I'm seeing--perhaps you or someone else here could offer some guidance on how to make it look more like the screenshots you posted:

EDIT: I figured it out! As Sims 2 wasn't entirely sure what my graphics card was or if it could handle nice-looking terrain, it had automatically set the "simpleTerrain" (aka "Make My Neighborhood Ugly!") flag to "true". Hence, the uglification.

Which I was able to reverse manually by entering the cheat "boolProp simpleTerrain false" in the game...and automatically by editing my Graphics Rules.sgr file in much the same way as the wiki describes for turning on bump maps and shading (see http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ps_and_Shaders).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:34 PM
I completely LUV IT!! Its so creative! Thank you so much for sharing this.
=D Can't wait to try it in the game.
Again- TY!
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 11:51 AM
(Singing) You are my inspiration, my only one who makes me work harder on my neighborhood. I love you Phaenoh, I truly do!!!

Stops singing to scamper away and play with her new treasure she didn't know she needed!!
Test Subject
#105 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 4:52 AM
AMAZING!!!
I think I'm going to have just one family start here and keep growing. I'll only add people for my sims to get married to.
I usually create a family, play them for a few sim days then never touch them again.
That's why I have a billion people in my town Twiworld. (Just cause I'm so obsessed with Twilight.)
I downloaded all the stuff you suggested. Well, except for the shops. I got the empty one because I don't have Freetime.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:35 PM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#107 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:52 PM
i cab't figure otu how to install it, can somine help? I cant find the right place
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:34 PM
Please read the Install Instruction tab.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 2:10 PM
Hi there!

First of all: Your houses and this neighborhood are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Thank you! <3

I don't know if it's been asked before, but could you maybe upload this as a complete neighborhood? With houses and lots etc...?

Pretty please? xD

It just looks so perfect <3
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 12:27 AM
Can you upload the one you have in the pictures? i like how everything is arranged.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:19 AM
The one in the picture is a subhood of Pleasantview, I can't.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:28 AM Last edited by MaryseDynasty121 : 21st Mar 2010 at 7:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
The one in the picture is a subhood of Pleasantview, I can't.
oh o.k. I know this is out of post but i downloaded your object migration and i put them all (about 12 folders) and it doesn't seem to work. Only a few items are re-categorized. Help Phaenoh? Lol, my above picture didn't show.
Test Subject
#113 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:08 AM
wow i like that the lots are partially in the water! im gonna download
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 12:08 AM
Those are beach lots and they come standard with the BV EP. This download is only the neighborhood so it doesn't come with any lots, but you can place your own just as I've shown.
Test Subject
#115 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:40 AM
I've always played Pleasantview, but this is the first neighborhood that I just had to download! Since I've been in more of a building than playing mode lately, I'm planning to build it up from scratch with some beachy community lots and homes. It's the perfect little neighborhood! Thanks for all your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 2:18 AM
GAH! Why're all those beautiful houses in seperate pages?! I want them all... By the way, snaggin' this for a new custom 'hood 'Tis too prettiful not to download, even though space on my pc is getting very limited...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 4:50 AM
This neighborhood looks great! I was looking for one to use to make a Hamptons-type beach town, and this is perfect.
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:39 AM
I downloaded SS Point about 2 years ago for the first time on my old computer, and loved it just as much then as I do now! Many thanks.

If you could help me though, on my new computer I've just installed Lower SS Pont but the preview picture in game doesn't show up proberly - instead it's like a green bumby graph. Normal SS Point (which I downloaded earlier, but then found I wanted the lower version) shows up the picture fine. Do you know how I can fix this problem? I've tried remaning the picture files to LowerSandSimoleanPoint, LowerSandSimoleanPoint_lush etc but to no avail Is there some way I can put my own photo in? Sorry to bother you!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:44 PM
The file extensions need to be correct as well, but I'm surprised they aren't working correctly. Did you install them all in the right places? They go in your SC4 folder. After you've created a neighborhood with it, you can replace your image by changing the .png file in your Neighborhood folds, find it in the related N### folder.
Instructor
#120 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bucket
If you could help me though, on my new computer I've just installed Lower SS Pont but the preview picture in game doesn't show up proberly - instead it's like a green bumby graph.

Same here, but then I saw a space between 'Simolean' and 'Point' in the Sc4 file. I removed the space and renamed the .png files exactly like the Sc4 file. It showed up right after that. Good luck!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#121 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:04 PM
It's great for us Seasons-and-before players. I'm having a whole lot of fun placing beach lots. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 12:31 PM
Even though I do not have BV I have downloaded this lot and love it. I have managed to download all the Katrina houses and will be downloading the Nana houses in the future. Not until I have placed all the Katrina houses though. Many thanks.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#123 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:12 PM
Thank you so much! I really like this
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#124 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:25 AM
finally~ I found the perfect hood
I wanted a place with some beach lots, nice road layouts and a secluded high area for a castle Q u Q
<3 thank you so much xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#125 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 11:46 AM
This is *the* perfect neighborhood for me. It's got an area for everything.

Beach lots
Beach front lots
Tightly knit roads to make a building-clustered town center or city center
Areas to build cliff-houses on
Areas to build secluded houses on
Mountain lots
Page 5 of 6