13 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28376 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 11:56 PM
I've got tons and tons of gravestones and headstones..far too many to use in my game unless you have a large cemetery..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#28377 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 6:46 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 11th Oct 2021 at 9:11 AM.
Can I make posters with images of the sims made by other people (sailor moon, britney spears ...) without being accused of being a thief? I am making some very nice posters so that my sims have things to admire and in the future I would like to share them. Although I can also post it here in the forum, (but I would like to upload). And no, I'm not going to ask anyone for permission, because they are things made by people from all over the world found in google, and it would never end. Although I think that if I could search the name of the creator of each image in google.

I would like to do the same with television channels, at the moment I have only created channels with official videos and some of my own, but I would like to use videos of other people from YouTube.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#28378 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 8:40 PM
@Sokisims so if I'm understanding things correctly, you're using other people's sims to make poster recolors, correct? And you are posing them, taking the pictures, etc. Right? That should be fine, since you're not sharing the actual sims, but you should still 100% give credit.

If you are using someone else's images, though, I would think you would have to get permission, or at the very least make sure that the image is free and available to share. So, like, if you're just taking images from Google, you need to make sure you're not using a copyrighted image. Even if you are taking images directly from some other simmer's upload, or story, or video shoot, etc. etc., you should still get permission--it's common courtesy, and it is their work after all. If they don't respond, that's fine, and you can probably say that, but you should still try. And of course, give credits for anything you used.

Same with the videos for the TV channels--official TS2/sims franchise videos should be fine (you'd still have to credit EA/Maxis), but for other people's videos, you should get permission and give them credit. If something is not copyrighted anymore/public domain, you'd be okay (you should still give credit though).

TLDR: If you don't want to be accused of being a thief, you do have to do the extra work of making sure that the things you use are either available to share, or that you have permission to use them. It is extra work, but again, it's common courtesy to get permission from creators to use their work elsewhere and it's MTS policy. I'm not an Upload Moderator, though, so if you need more help, try posting in Creator Feedback.

ETA: Oh, yeah, just FYI, TS3 videos have already been extracted by omglo and can be used as extra TV videos, so you don't have to do those if you were going to.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28379 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Can I make posters with images of the sims made by other people (sailor moon, britney spears ...) without being accused of being a thief? I am making some very nice posters so that my sims have things to admire and in the future I would like to share them. Although I can also post it here in the forum, (but I would like to upload). And no, I'm not going to ask anyone for permission, because they are things made by people from all over the world found in google, and it would never end. Although I think that if I could search the name of the creator of each image in google.

I would like to do the same with television channels, at the moment I have only created channels with official videos and some of my own, but I would like to use videos of other people from YouTube.

Find the creators TOU, if you have done a good search and found none you can use it in good faith. If they say not to use their stuff at all, then don't.

That said if they are for your own game you can do whatever you want, TOU or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#28380 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 7:36 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 13th Oct 2021 at 9:42 PM.
I will not ask anyone for permission, they are photos from google, tumblr ... Just thinking about it makes me lazy. They are only posters using images of the sims created by people, I know it is lazy to make them, so I wanted to share them in case there are more people who want them, I was not going to take any credit for it. My only job has been to add some text to them or put a filter on them. I understand that there may be people who have invested time in creating an image, (especially those of sims 4, which when they look more real they still take more affection). But if they share it, they shouldn't mind that people use them for the children's room of their own play. I do not know. Anyway, I see the drama from afar, I'll upload them to mediafire and that's it. Private download for personal use. XD

@Phantomknight I have not downloaded any sims, I have only used the images created by other people. I was asking this because I saw that people use art from anywhere to make custom paintings but I was using images of the sims and maybe the treatment was different. About television channels, I think you have not understood me, I am talking about personalized channels made by me using videos and editing them, I know that the sims 3 channels are already in sims 2, I have them XD
Lab Assistant
#28381 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 7:28 PM
My sim is in labor. Then I quit the game. Is it to late to roll the pacifer?
Forum Resident
#28382 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I will not ask anyone for permission, they are photos from google, tumblr ... Just thinking about it makes me lazy. They are only posters using images of the sims created by people, I know it is lazy to make them, so I wanted to share them in case there are more people who want them, I was not going to take any credit for it. My only job has been to add some text to them or put a filter on them. I understand that there may be people who have invested time in creating an image, (especially those of sims 4, which when they look more real they still take more affection). But if they share it, they shouldn't mind that people use them for the children's room of their own play. I do not know. Anyway, I see the drama from afar, I'll upload them to mediafire and that's it. Private download for personal use. XD

Not sure how it goes in the Sims community, but in the art community, you don't use someone else's stuff without permission and credit, point blank. Those people put time into what they make and deserve every ounce of recognition and exposure they can get. If you "found it off Google search," that's nice, but it doesn't belong to Google, it's just showing you the site of which it came from. Typically, you don't have the rights to take images of someone else's creation to make a decal and share.

As others have previously said, feel free to use it in your own game, but if you're trying to make an upload, get permission, and credit. I speak as a creator but also as someone who used to be a kid and didn't know any better and have learned from my own mistakes.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#28383 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot

Did you save when you quit? If not, then, no. When you start again, the day will be reverted till your last save point and you'll have whatever time exists between that point and the start of labor to use the batbox; or you can roll the pacifier in CAS before opening the lot at all.

If you saved during labor, you may have a problem, as saving during labor can mess up a pregnancy. I did that once with Samantha Ottomas, and though she produced the baby, it was not interactable and she still had the pregnant walk. I had to move the family out of the lot (I decided it burned down), and she then went into normal labor and had a viable delivery while standing at the mailbox in the new place. Moving out and back in again might have done the same thing, but I hadn't used the StayThings Shrub on it and the storyline "house burned down, stuck in trailer park for a week till new house built" struck me as more fun than having to refurnish it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#28384 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 13th Oct 2021 at 10:13 PM.
I am not a child, I have already explained the reasons why I do not agree with you, and I have already said what I will do.

I just like to rescue old images or recreations to make scy fi posters, some of people who are still active and others are images that are one step away from being lost on the internet forever. I like the variety that each person has given.

As I have said from the beginning, I understand what you have said and you do not need to repeat it to me, I just see a kind of void in that sense, since people use art from everywhere, why not do it with the sims de forma inocente...? Even so, I have already said that I will upload it to mediafire in case someone wants it privately.

This has really challenged me to do my own recreations. LOL

I said I could look up the names of creators. So not giving credit is something you are assuming. And again, I don't want to take credit for anything, I just wanted more people to have sailor moon posters in simlish, so I wouldn't mind uploading it to mediafire as something I use in my own game. I said about the upload because it is easier to find, but I can make uploads with my own content that are still successful.
Top Secret Researcher
#28385 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 10:20 PM

No, it's not too late. During the labour animation, nothing actually happens, the random spawning of the newborn sim happens just after that, you can probably feel the game slowing down then while the baby is being generated. So, as long as the parturient sim is screaming, basically, you can still save and exit to the neighbourhood, either by having the batbox do it for you, or even by visiting the CAS and manually rolling the pacifier yourself.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28386 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 11:32 PM

Go into CAS and roll the randomize dice, you don't have to roll the actual pacifier.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#28387 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 4:39 AM
@Sokisims

Never said anything about you being a child. I hope I didn't come off as condescending, I'm really sorry if I did! I only mentioned this because you did say you still planned on sharing it with others over Medifire, causing my concern.

Either way, not trying to start any issues, just warning you so you don't get into any trouble! I was a moderator for a small community in the past and constantly saw people getting in trouble over creator rights. One was making amazing fanedits of stuff only to have the artist dming them to take it down. It wasn't commercialized or anything, just little creations (filters & stickers on art) on a small group, but they were reported and almost had their whole account deleted over it!! Sometimes not worth the headache of making something unless you use a completely copyright & royalty free site.

Since it sounds like it really will be for personal use, good luck! I've made a couple dozen of anime posters for my Simmies as well. (Since object recolors is one of the only things I'm capable of!) One room is taken up with a wall-to-wall Assassination Classroom poster for one of my uni geek Sims! He doesn't get a lot of girls in his room.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Forum Resident
#28388 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
@Sokisims
Since it sounds like it really will be for personal use, good luck! I've made a couple dozen of anime posters for my Simmies as well. (Since object recolors is one of the only things I'm capable of!) One room is taken up with a wall-to-wall Assassination Classroom poster for one of my uni geek Sims! He doesn't get a lot of girls in his room.

That is precisely why I did it, sometimes I miss geek references to the real world in my game, but I wanted it with sims and in simlish. It is simply that I like to share for others, (in this case in mediafire) if that turns it into an automatic credit taking or a tremendous offense to the creators by my "horrible" edit, it seems fatal to me. That I express myself with sincerity does not mean that I am a cheek and you are making me feel that way. I do not know, I feel that with the paintings we should be more flexible, they are not objects or clothes, only recolors for gameplay. But hey, I saw that this is also like the real world, I don't have to say anything clear, I would have made a folder with the posters of my game in mediafire without saying anything, and nothing would have happened XD
Space Pony
#28389 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 5:22 PM
Is it safe to delete a Sim or family I just created? As in, the last thing I did before exiting my game for the night was create them in CAS, they were never moved into a lot, never met anyone outside the family, never interacted with anything or anyone. Would I still need to go through all the steps to properly delete them, or can I just hit delete in this case?

Sorry if this question is wrong for this thread. It just felt stupid/random to me.

pronouns: they/them
Theorist
#28390 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:08 PM
I don't think so, unfortunately.
Space Pony
#28391 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:33 PM
Okay, just wanted to check. This game sure is finicky.

pronouns: they/them
Mad Poster
#28392 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 7:49 PM
You can let them sit in the family bin forever. It doesn't hurt anything and you won't even see them if you don't open the family bin.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28393 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 8:23 PM
you could also turn them into townies, and put the prisoner token on them so you'll never see them again.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#28394 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 10:40 PM
Definitely don't just delete them, especially as there are several sims, playable, and with family ties among them. Remember that Pescado's only caveat was that deleting someone's relative was bad. It probably applies even if you plan on deleting all the family members, ghost family ties could be left behind and what not.

The whole procedure isn't that long or complicated, especially with Theo's delete sim plugin that does all the work, practically.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28395 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
Is it safe to delete a Sim or family I just created? As in, the last thing I did before exiting my game for the night was create them in CAS, they were never moved into a lot, never met anyone outside the family, never interacted with anything or anyone. Would I still need to go through all the steps to properly delete them, or can I just hit delete in this case?

Sorry if this question is wrong for this thread. It just felt stupid/random to me.

No, because the game doesn't really delete them, it partly deletes them and leaves bits of data to 'float' around which can attach itself to other sims. There is a method with the bat box and SimPE but personally, I wouldn't. I would kill them off and add to a graveyard or change them up and make them townies or simply toss in a prison token and make them not show up. All simpler and safer options.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28396 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 11:00 PM
If you delete a sim, its ID number will be reused when a new sim is made. This will create problems as the delete sim left data behind, which may or may not be appropriate to the new sim. This is how you get cats who think they're sims, toddlers who want to flirt, etc.,in corrupted neighborhoods.

The game is not so much finicky as it is mindbogglingly complex. The finickiness is the downside of having sims that can develop complex characters, neighborhoods that are capable of so much development, and such endless adaptability for individual taste. The more moving pieces, the easier it is to break a machine.

Top Secret Researcher
#28397 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 5:42 AM
Played 3 sims in a dorm that fits 5, so one of the extra non-playable dormies was being ... weird. I noticed he was just standing outside, during the summer, forever. I eventually made him selectable (after resetting him did nothing and noticed he kept making "i'm hot" gestures) and moved him inside. Saw he was sunburnt and about to heatstroke. Which he later did. I had a sim douse him and got him to fix himself with some drinks. I seemed to have fixed him, I think, but i've been hyper aware of him and noticed he was going to class multiple times a day, when he didn't have class. The lock/unlock door thing was a bit off (since I believe it's supposed to only be locked for them while they are at class), but apart from oddities like that he was working fine. I say was because I finished up the playable sims uni time and graduated them. I'm not sure if I should be worried or just odd glitch. Joel something was his name, in one of the dorms at La Fiesta Tech. Played nearly the last 2 uni years for the playable sims with him like that.

I am guessing I can just write it off as odd? I was thinking while playing "Do I need to kill you?". lol. I'm not against killing sims but I don't want to do that lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28398 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can let them sit in the family bin forever. It doesn't hurt anything and you won't even see them if you don't open the family bin.

I believe that is incorrect, Peni-because playables in the Family Bin can show up in the neighborhood. I've had it happen many times, when there was one in the bin, and waiting for a house, then they'd show up on another lot.

But otherwise, it doesn't hurt the game to have them isolated like that forever.

Mad Poster
#28399 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin

I did exactly that some eight and a half years ago. I created two Elder females. I was still quite new to the game, and I forgot to make them sisters in CAS. As soon as I saved them to the game I realised that I'd forgotten to make them siblings. I didn't want to revert to backup as that would lose me a day or two of gameplay. So I did what I ought not to have done and immediately deleted them from the family bin. It didn't really feel like deleting Sims -- more like just aborting the last step. I then made them again in CAS. I didn't use SimPE at that time. When I did start to use SimPE, I discovered that the Sims I'd deleted were still there. They are still there today. They are in the "Default" family (where all the dead Sims go), and SimPE lists them as unlinked and with no character data. However they still have their ID numbers, and these have never been reused for other Sims. The neighbourhood (Veronaville) is still playable, and it is really my main game. It seems that the "stub" files that are left when Sims are deleted are enough to prevent the IDs being reused. I had some correspondence about a year ago with Chris Hatch, who was one of the most knowledgeable hackers still active, and he felt that what I had done should be safe, as the "stub" character files that are left should be enough to prevent the IDs being reused. In any case I have long since stopped worrying about these two deleted Sims causing terminal corruption. I suspect that, if my neighbourhood ever does become unplayable, it will be something else that causes it, and not those two long-deleted Sims. After all the developers must have deleted (and unlinked) over 50 Sims when they were building and play-testing Veronaville.

However, not withstanding all that I have just said, I'll never delete Sims from the Family Bin again. If I ever make a similar mistake, and create Sims that I really don't want in my game, I'll change their names and appearances, and turn them into townies.

Here you can see the files for these deleted Sims in my Veronaville Characters folder (N003\Characters):
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28400 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I believe that is incorrect, Peni-because playables in the Family Bin can show up in the neighborhood. I've had it happen many times, when there was one in the bin, and waiting for a house, then they'd show up on another lot.

But otherwise, it doesn't hurt the game to have them isolated like that forever.

Child and teen sims can still come home from school with someone, and sims with jobs can still come home from work. But otherwise, they don't for me.

Page 1136 of 1339