Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:17 PM
Default Help on doing a 4t2 conversion of a Necklace
So i found this super cute necklace for The Sims 4 a few days ago, and i really wanted to convert it for The Sims 2. However, i can’t really find any tutorials on how to do it, most of them only teach you how to make earrings and other head accessories but none for necklaces. I have the feeling the process of doing it is actually very similar to the other ones but I’m assuming the bone assignments would be different (i’m a newbie in CC making so I don’t know what bone i’d have to assign the mesh to lol). If anyone could help me with this i’d be really glad!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 5:11 PM
You don't need a different tutorial for necklaces, it's the exact same process. The only thing that's a bit different is the joints you'll have to assign the necklace to - I think Spine 2 is the one that usually works fine.

Sometimes you may have to assign to multiple joints with a bit trial and failure. I tend to use a body mesh as a rough guide. Doin't get too detailed, because then the accessory starts stretching (if you make larger body accessories that acts like clothing, you'll probably want to do this, but for a necklace you just want to avoid too much clipping).

It can be very useful to have a full body mesh under the accessory, so you see what you're doing, especially if you're working with different ages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You don't need a different tutorial for necklaces, it's the exact same process. The only thing that's a bit different is the joints you'll have to assign the necklace to - I think Spine 2 is the one that usually works fine.

Sometimes you may have to assign to multiple joints with a bit trial and failure. I tend to use a body mesh as a rough guide. Doin't get too detailed, because then the accessory starts stretching (if you make larger body accessories that acts like clothing, you'll probably want to do this, but for a necklace you just want to avoid too much clipping).

It can be very useful to have a full body mesh under the accessory, so you see what you're doing, especially if you're working with different ages.

Oh that’s nice to know!