Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Gameplay Cameras

by Tom Duhamel Posted 26th Dec 2008 at 5:52 PM - Updated 30th Aug 2011 at 2:58 AM by Tom Duhamel : Added the Known Issue statement

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 2:26 PM
Thanks very much, this is by far the best thing I've downloaded for The Sims 2. On forehand I know I will love this mod.

Have a fine New Years eve! Goes to the rest of this community as well!
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:30 AM
Thanks so much for this, you can believe how frustrated i was with not being able to go everywhere in my neighbourhood, now I can. Well Done.

BTW, where did you get that awsome neighbourhood you have in the shots. It looks totaly cool!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 6:01 AM
I'm glad that you asked, actually I should have mentioned in the description in the first place.

The neighborhood seen in the first and second pictures in the description above (the other one with the blond girl is Pleasantview) is Happy Valley by Cyril_HK. Only the terrain is provided of course, so you need to decorate yourself (he explains in a later post in the thread how to achieve the waterfall).

Cyril_HK uploaded 5 fabulous terrains and 2 great lots in May of 2005, than we never heard of him again...
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 10:26 PM
I have to say, this is a VERY nice mod! I've used other camera mods, but whichever one I had last bonked on me after installed possibly AL... can't remember. Anyhoo, I found this while searching around the other day and I'm really highly pleased with it's functionality. I'm like, "What is he, in my head? This is how I want it to work!"

I've just downloaded the second Free camera, however, as I took a bunch of pics yesterday for a story and just about died with the slo-mo. LOL I'll let you know what I think of the newer version.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 6:44 AM
I have just uploaded update 1.1. All changes are noted at the top of the description post above. All future questions and comments should only concern the new version.

Note that both files posted on earlier posts are now deprecated as features from both are now included in this release.

I hope that any problems are now fixed and that I fulfilled most (if not all) requests. Thank you for your support and your constructive comments about my work.

Happy new year!
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 4:32 PM
I've tried to find the problem with the M&G pack, but my game just won't load.
Everything is going fine until I want to enter a neighbourhood, then the application fails and Sims2 shuts down.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 5:20 PM
cool...looking forward to trying these out in my game

What a lovely way to burn
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 12:23 PM
I can't wait to try these out And I never knew about the firstperson mode before XD Thanks for posting the download and for pointing out what TAB does ^-^
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HeartaGramVampire
I've tried to find the problem with the M&G pack, but my game just won't load.
Everything is going fine until I want to enter a neighbourhood, then the application fails and Sims2 shuts down.

Thats the exact same thing mine does. Only problem is where i had my files backed up i think my husband accidently erased them. I really hope this does not mean i have to reinstall everything because i have every expansion and stuff pack there is except happy hooliday. Any words of advace would be appriciated.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 3:23 AM
ok, i am not sure exactly what happend. I may have missed one of the files that go along with this set.Anyway what i ended up doing was redownloading the file and this time i just let it overwrite the fies that were in there and whala it works. Thats all i care about.
Instructor
#36 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 6:20 AM
I downloaded, but haven't installed, EGCM Vs.11. I enjoyed reading all of the previous comments and the replies by Tom. So, I feel a little more knowledgeable, now. Sound great! Thank you in advance, Tom! Looking forward to trying it.
Pickles

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:56 PM
Stellar work. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:35 AM
Thanks for your comments. I read them all as they are received, even though I don't reply every times. To those who mentioned having downloaded but having not tried yet, please post your comments now that you've tried, so I know if it was up to your expectations
Field Researcher
#39 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 10:59 PM
God - of your choice - bless you for this! It works like a dream. You are my new hero!
Instructor
#40 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 4:43 PM
I've been using your creation for weeks now. They're wonderful. I'm never going back LOL. Thank you.
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:58 PM
I was trying to find a new camera mod and had just found this one when MTS2 downloads went down. I really want to try it, if anyone who has it could re-upload it that would be wonderful.

Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 7:37 AM
I have re-uploaded the missing file.

Hey! I do support my work

I did not re-upload the older version 1.0 which had about 3500 downloads since I do not support older versions anyway and the text description does not mention the changes anymore.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 6:18 AM
Wow,Thank you so much :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 3:23 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I just put this in game now, not sure WHAT I was waiting for and this is AMAZING!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 4:20 AM
Heeeheeeheeeheeehee! (Laughing maniacally). Thank you for this great cam! Things I love:

1)Uses same keys to turn and zoom as Maxis.
2) Perfect speed in Neighborhood view...doesn't zoom me half way across the continent when I'm trying to see the next section.
3) Smoooooooth tracking.
4) I can see the edges of my world. Imagine!!

Honestly this is great. I've been looking for a camera for a week or so as I have a new big hood I'm creating (my first). I tried a different cam last week, but it crashed my game. I haven't tried it in the lot yet, but I really needed it to see from my Nomad camp to the Marble Palace and the corners of the world. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 3:53 AM
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 2:02 AM
You are awesome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
You are awesome!

Yes I know. Now if only my boss would realize... :P
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 8:15 PM
Awsome!!!