Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 3:15 AM
Lol I havent been to SA for a few years, Im glad the water is good now. The Yarra river is poluted apparently, I dont think I'd wanna go anywhere near it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 3:15 AM
It's so sad to hear that the Yarra is polluted. Pollution is such a terrible thing, but I can't help but think that it's my fault, as much as I hate it terribly.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goforfink
Lol I havent been to SA for a few years, Im glad the water is good now. The Yarra river is poluted apparently, I dont think I'd wanna go anywhere near it.

LOL- The Torrens that runs through Adelaide is pretty foul, too. About a month ago, the Torrens Lake was 'accidently' drained, and was a stinking mud hole, with garbage, bikes, debris, you name it, it was in there! I think most rivers that run through a city are pretty much polluted!
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:51 PM
Yeh they're pretty much dumping ground for old junk... or algie growing filth like the Barwon. But people are still stupid enough to SWIM in that. Ewwww....
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:02 AM
I agree. That is disgusting.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:45 AM
Lol how about a different topic, poluted water is so... gross.... there must be something more pleasant about Australia than that!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:54 AM
Sadly, I don't think there is.

What about the beaches?

Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 6:23 AM
beaches are nice, except for the seaweed!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 7:57 AM
It's not that bad. The shark attacks are something to be a little bit worried about. :P

Forum Resident
#35 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tree4me
The shark attacks are something to be a little bit worried about. :P

I don't think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that South Australia had any shark attacks this year... but we had a couple last year.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 11:10 PM
Just to clarify the whole "The Yarra is Polluted" issue.

Yes it is polluted in its lower reaches but this is true of any river that flows through or near a city. It is worth noting though that most of the river is actually in excellent condition and as far as the lower reaches go (i.e. the bit people most associate with Melbourne) conditions have actually greatly improved since the 1980s. Fish are now able to fully utilise most of the river that moves through the city.

The reason the Yarra still looks polluted (and many people forget this) is that it is a silt-bed river. Unlike many other rivers the Yarra's bottom is made up of a mixture of silt, mud and sand where as many other more 'pristine' rivers have rock beds.

The end result is that the Yarra always looks murky since so much of that silt is present in the water itself as the river flow agitates the riverbed.

Don't forget each year Melbournians throw themselves into the Yarra as part of the Moomba Birdman Rally with nary a health issue.

Oh and yes... I'm from Melbourne. Hi. :D

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:07 AM
Uh. . . huh. . . Hello. :P

Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:13 AM
Melbourne huh? I'm your neighbour then, down in good ol' Geelong
Mad Poster
#39 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:46 AM
Aww. . . I feel isolated. :P

Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:19 AM
Hey! I'm x-tashi-x, and my real name is Tashy or Tashi. (Well they're what everyone, and I mean everyone, calls me, my real name is Natasha.)
I'm 13, I live in Tasmania, and I love music. It's my life! I love bands especially Fall Out Boy, The All-American Rejects, Linkin Park, Cobra Starship, Hey Monday and The Academy Is just to name a few! I can play bass.
I loooove animals, and used to have 4 pets. Two birds (who flew away around 2 years ago) and 2 dogs, but the girl dog died today :'(
I love shows like Supernatural, Family Guy, Reaper, American Dad etc. etc.
I hope to be a photographer and author when I'm older.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Don't forget each year Melbournians throw themselves into the Yarra as part of the Moomba Birdman Rally with nary a health issue.

Well, it is widely known throughout Australia that Victorians are... strange! LOL. I, myself, choose not to tell people I was born there!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:38 AM
Omigosh! Another Tassie! Hi hi! :D

Inventor
#43 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Oh and yes... I'm from Melbourne. Hi. :D
Another Melbournian *waves*

As far as the Yarra River goes - I spent half my life in the Yarra when I was growing up. It's almost as murky around these parts as down in the city, but very clean. Lots of fish, lots of platypus - all very healthy

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Mad Poster
#44 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 11:05 AM
Oh, that's good. It would be terrible if it was polluted.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 2:18 PM
Hey my fellow Aussies,
My nickname on here is amymnel but please call me Amy. I'm 28, married with two boys and two stepsons. Yes I know its alot of males in my life and when you add my male cat (Sootie) it gets worse. LOL!! I am actually a girly girl and love PINK. I love playing the Sims 2 and have just decided to join forums and the such. I love Aussie music (especially silverchair) and am a huge fan of the Twilight Series.
Feel free to add me to your buddy list and I'll do the same.
Hope everyone's having a great long weekend and Lest We Forget!

Hugs to all,
Amy :P

I'm going there...but I like it here wherever it is
Mad Poster
#46 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:45 AM
Hi there Amy! :howdy:

Welcome to our club! Welcome to our club! :p

Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:14 AM
Hello Deeney from Bundy, QLD :howdy:
Forum Resident
#48 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:41 AM
Hey,

I'm Dani (as the username would suggest) and I'm an 18 year old from Adelaide. I'm in my first year of uni studying a Bachelor of Media (Creative Arts stream), and very much enjoying it.

I've been playing sims for years and years. And years. I download way too much cc and drool over everyone's pictures, read stories and generally get in the mood to play...but then I'm bored within 30 minutes, if that. But I keep coming back :P

I love the stories people write about their sims, and that inspired me to write my own, which you can find on here *cough*shamelessadveristing*cough*
Forum Resident
#49 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:51 AM
Welcome Amy, Deeney & Dani.

Dani- are you at Flinders?
Forum Resident
#50 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:10 AM
Thanks. And yes, I am! Do you study there too?

Page 2 of 4