Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#251 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 8:19 PM
I created a new university from scratch, and called it Oregon State University. I have a favourite dorm that I keep as a residential lot in my Lots and Houses bin. That way I can set down several copies and decorate them all differently before entering the cheat 'changelotzoning dorm'. My university now has four dorms, with six community lots, and a statue of Bella in the middle.

The first dorm, blue and white inside and out, received my six favourite characters from the list of teenagers waiting to go to college: five pretty girls, and George. They received my minute attention, and are now all juniors. George is having the time of his life.

Then I set down a second dorm, this time brown and cream inside and out, and picked six less favoured sims; they have received only cursory attention, mostly being left to look after themselves. They are now sophomores.

Then, feeling more creative, or perhaps being less tender about the feelings of my teenagers, I decorated the third dorm in monastic colours, with church doors and windows. I called this one 'The Seminary', and the downstairs gym was converted into a chapel, with an altar, a statue of the grey lady, and the altars dedicated to earth, air, fire and water. Then I selected six young men to train for the priesthood, dressed them all in Hogwarts uniform, and gave them all the General Buzz military haircut. They made the usual trip to the bookshop to buy their cell phones, and each bought a magazine about supernatural matters. I found that reading that magazine was enough to raise interest in the supernatural to ten points of interest. I look forward to educating some cult leaders in the seminary.

The fourth dorm I decorated in pink and white, with flowers, and statues of Cupid. Here the downstairs gym was converted into a double bedroom with a mirrored closet, for practical lessons. To balance the maleness of the seminary, I brought in six young women to train for a far older profession. I was a little dismayed to find I had five knowledge sims, all intent on writing their term papers, and one family sim who just wants to fall in love. Nevertheless I gave each one a secondary aspiration of romance, and wondered which magazine could swing their interest away from writing assignments to alluring other sims. They are all freshers, and I wonder whether I will raise a generation of woohoo professionals, or just a load of doctors and lawyers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:21 PM
Kipling : First week
Monday : the 16 recruits moved into their mobile temporary homes. Twelve townies in military clothing added by me - the doctor, the architect, etc, are among them. The recruits were awarded 4 cooking points each. All of them had Monday off, so they had time to meet some of the others and made a couple of friends. One recruit made sure that he met everyone and had 11 friends at the end of the day - he was, it seems, the welcome wagon.
Tuesday : Work, and then after work, lunch if hungry. Off to the pond for military training and they had time to check the others out. There were social dinners during the evening, but all the recruits were exhausted and went to bed quite early, after obtaining one mechanical and one charisma point each (some succeeded in getting more).
Wednesday: Those who were off had to go and exercise in the morning. Those who had to work went exercising after work. There were a number of first kisses between work, studying and working out, some fishing, and - yeah, trust a knowledge Sim to get the first ACR woohoo in, beating the romance Sims to it. He went for a townie, and I think I may have made her knowledge too. The rest were too exhausted, but at least the hard part will be over for the recruits on Thursday morning.
So Thursday night will be date/outing/party night. The military townies built a diner with dancing and drinking. Let us see where the night leads then!
Theorist
#253 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 1:07 PM
I'm currently playing the last day of spring.
I think I'll have a flu plague since Irma Granville-Carver catched it. She is one of the sim who often come uninvited while being helpful. At the moment 5 sims are sick and a hospital really need to be built.
I also played my breeder household which head is Ayade. She's married to Jeff (most awesome family sim in the hood). They have three children, teen Elfreda and toddlers Elvira and Emeric and three dogs, Tempête, Ouragan and Laly.
After cleaning the house, Jeff left for work. Later Elfred left for school.
Ayade took care of her own needs leaving the twins to their own devices. They have toys, food from pets bowls and doghouses available.
At 11th, Tempête died of old age. Soon after Laly ran away.
After work, Jeff and Ayade shared quality time.
At 17PM, Elfred came back from school with Thalia L'Ecuyer and ignored her while she was there.
The twins grew up to child in decent clothes. As Elfred was really tired he headed to bed meanwhile Elvira was dancing on her big brother feet.
Forum Resident
#254 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 7:34 PM
Babyboom. I feel like generation three just started; now there are nine of them in it and six are teenagers (not that I skipped baby and toddler stages for some of them, I'd never).
This time, Caligari Neighbour "accidentally" (on their part, not mine) made his best friend pregnant, later he moved in with the kid and her mother and made their room mate pregnant as well. The no jealousy mod is working, luckily, so Caligari and the two mothers, Ace and Lady, can all be happily in love with each other.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#255 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:49 PM
Boarding House (Tyler Traveller, Gerard Landry, and Jodie Larson): I had to completely redo the boarding house as I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I made it. It went from 4 small rooms to 2 apartment suites. The kitchen, lobby, and game/exercise room are shared. Tyler (son of Trent & Trish) didn't find a mate in college and saw no need to buy a house. One night, while looking through the telescope, he got abducted. This is only the second child born since I put in my new multi-PT mod. He got PT Blue (yeah, real creative). His little girl is named Elara.

When he found out that he was pregnant, he started thinking about settling down. He ended up getting back together with Gerard Landy who was his first love. Gerard is a family sim, so it didn't take long before they were married. Tyler was still pregnant at the time of the wedding, a simple affair in the backyard. After which, Gerard moved in and changed his entire look. Although he loves little Elara, he has wants to adopt a baby. We'll see. The suites they live in are only 2 bedrooms.

Jodie is a fortune sim and lives in the boarding house to save money. She works in the criminal career path. Even though she doesn't want to settle down (unless the man happens to be rich, of course), she does get lonely. She has been woohooing Jace Macerevich from time to time. Eventually, she ended up pregnant from a risky woohoo and had a little girl named Jenna. Jace wants to have a more serious relationship, but she doesn't care much for lazy sims - not enough ambition. She does allow him visitation, though. I don't know if she will ever settle down as there are very few rich sims and they are all married. Perhaps she will have to settle.
Mad Poster
#256 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 2:42 AM Last edited by gazania : 27th Apr 2016 at 10:58 PM.
Since I didn't find a ready-made Sim Scout Leader outfit (well, to be honest, it's not like there is that high a demand for them!), I fashioned one using a couple of downloads from this site and a Maxis skirt. Unfortunately, I haven't found a scout like-enough outfit for a male Sim (though the military beret in the game helps), so for now, the leader is going to have to be a female. I do kind of like the result on the female, though.

She has a troop of five Sim Scouts (for now, the group is mixed), and I've been thinking of places she could take them and things the troop can do. Recently, I took a building on which I CFE'd quite heavily, and while it looks cute to me, does have limitations, and made it a kind of Audubon Center. Sim Scouts can learn about birds and do birdwatching. I was inspired by Peni, who has a Humane Center in her hood. I like birds, so a bird information center makes sense for me.

I also have an Arts Center I've put in various hoods and Unis, and converted one room into a small Kids Space where they can paint and make plates. (Can't keep 'em, though ... Pity.). My public pool will be fun in the summer, and I could make a day camp where they can run around and play sports. I'm still thinking of more ideas.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#257 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 4:28 PM
Tragedy struck the Ebonhand house when The Controller got attached to a nanny and moved her in then aged her down only for her to be weird and glitchy and forcing the entire lot into some weird time stop limbo that wasn't fixed even after said nanny was culled by the town guardian. Savra, Deliah and their two children were forced to move out and their house was torn down, leaving them in yet another limbo where it's summer for them once again. The Controller is currently fixing up a new home for them in the same area.
[I feel so bad and pretty dumb for doing that now that I look back ;w; all those seasons just up in smoke... I guess I'll play everyone else to summer then play them again but they'll be pretty behind at this rate.]

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Scholar
#258 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:09 AM
Over at the Wegner household, there'll be a fair amount of aging up this rotation. Triplets Connor, Daniel, and Nina will all be becoming teens, Reece will be becoming a child, and the eldest three (Dawn, Brandon, Emily) will be getting very close to heading off to university.

Emily's still holding out hope for the Extraterrestrial Repairations Grant and has been attempting to stargaze at every opportunity. She finally got enough enthusiasm in Science to scan for UFOs early Wednesday morning.

Reece grew into a child, and I had to managed to wrangle another single bed into the bedrooms. Despite the size, the house they're in is not really equipped for so many children. Thankfully, as I said above, the older teens will soon be moving out.

And apparently I looked away from the game for too long as the next thing I saw, everyone was awake, Reece was stargazing, and Emily was nowhere to be found.

Yup, she'd been abducted. Aaannnd...she came back pregnant. Of course. She went into labor a little before the end of the rotation to give us triplet alien babies, two boys and one girl.

Baby 1 was a boy, Archer; baby 2 was a girl, Lyra; baby 3 was a boy, Vega. All three had brown hair, alien eyes, and alien skin. Hooray for vaguely-astronomical names.

The (first) triplets grew up a couple of hours later. Connor rolled double Knowledge; Daniel rolled Popularity/Pleasure, and Nina rolled Fortune/Knowledge. All LTWs to be determined.

I had realised that I hadn't rolled for Emily to get an abortion or put the triplets up for adoption. Seeing as they were already born I couldn't exactly do the former, but I did a roll for adoption which Emily passed. That means yet more babies in the adoption system, and I had to go and play the adoption house/grow the current babies up.

(I think I'm also going to readjust the multiples option because I am getting way too many multiples for my liking. Tentative adjustments have it so that sims will have zero chance of a singleton only if both parents themselves are multiples, both have Family as their primary aspiration, and having gone through a round of IVF.)

(I'm also not feeling too great so while I'm continuing playing Cresdale, updates in the near future may just be bare bones.)
Top Secret Researcher
#259 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:28 PM
Default Inada
Katya, you can have double knowledge aspiration? I'm confused.. Does that just mean they don't pick a secondary aspiration?
-----------------------------------------------

Its time that William Inada moved out of the Inada family home. Its a little cramped in there with four generations so I gave him his police car and moved him out into an apartment. I moved him in my new apartment complex where I plan to move Julia Landgraab in to see how they hit it off, or not.

Madison has finally retired, good timing too because her great grandchildren are over for the week. Might as well spend time getting to know them before she dies soon. Her son Makell had a birthday and aged into an elder. He had a pretty good week and got promoted to concert pianist! His wife Suri got a job as a nanny but I may have her quit since they've got plenty of money. Plus they just had an infidelity issue so I'm sure she'd rather be at home to make sure she keeps Makell in check

Their son Avgeni finally made the transition from broadway star to studio musician. Unlike most actors, his passion is music but when things weren't going anywhere he took a job as an actor that he couldn't pass up. With two kids now he needed the money, plus he hoped that it could eventually guide him in the right direction to pursue music again and it finally did! Things are finally looking up for him. After being left at the alter by his children's mother, he started dating Esther Davis and he's hoping to propose soon!

Avgeni and Makell are planning to make a music studio once Madison dies. Then everyone can room hop and they'll have an extra room for their studio.

Camille and Seth are doing well, nothing particular is going on. It'll be a little weird going back to their mom's house with their new baby brother there.
Field Researcher
#260 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:15 PM
It's been an incredibly eventful week at the Ebonhand house. Firstly. Rock and Roll aged into children and they're both sweet angels that love to paint and play piano. Rock always rolls wants to play piano and do homework and Roll always rolls wants to do homework and paint. They get along pretty well too. Savra cheated on Delinda with a random townie at the Electrodance club and walked away pregnant, and had her son Diovan without ever telling the townie. While she was still out, she witnessed the town's mayor cheat on her fiancee with another townie, but there wasn't any baby chimes. Delinda was kidnapped by aliens and had her son Deimos soon after but the game kept crashing so after rolling the pacifier a few times, it was fixed. Savra put the bubbles away for good when she discovered that she was pregnant with Diovan-she was bubbled out when she cheated and she doesn't want to risk her family for another fix.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Scholar
#261 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Katya, you can have double knowledge aspiration? I'm confused.. Does that just mean they don't pick a secondary aspiration?

Yeah, it pretty much means they didn't pick a secondary. I used to do it so that if a sim rolled the same number for their secondary they became a secondary Grilled Cheese sim but after playing like that I found that I just didn't like doing so. I then considered a re-roll, but that felt a little off (like I didn't 'agree' with their initial choice). Instead, someone rolling the same number just doesn't get a secondary -- I presume that they're just so focused on their primary aspiration that there's no room for the secondary aspiration.
Mad Poster
#262 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 5:12 PM
Oh right now? all my families must think I forgot about them...I should go back and play with them huh?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#263 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 8:27 PM
i finished off the college rotations and sent 11 graduates home.

At the Nerdist household, I gave up trying to sort out the love triangle. I've got ACR's global jealousy settings set for committed relationships, and I normally adjust individual settings based on personality, aspiration, and individual sim stories. However, I haven't tweaked any of my college sims yet and.as they aren't in committed relationships, Cliff and Hugh don't mind if one of them kisses Sara in front of the other. I'm torn between setting them to jealousy when in love and watching the resulting fireworks and setting them to no jealousy and just letting all three of them stay together - Cliff and Hugh are best friends. The three of them spent most of their time at the science building and studying together; the romantic relationships aren't as important to them as their studies, friendship, and hobbies.

With the band/sorority/frat mess, a lot of it got simplified when Andy Bellum fell in love with JoAnn Gutenberg at a toga party. At the same party, Helen Wheels got a crush on the newest frat brother Henry, so she's stopped pining over both Andy and Hi (both of whom still love her, but won't accept any flirts). Hi has a few loves and doesn't want any committed relationships, so he's happy. Tony is still in love with Ida Juana and is also still making most sims swoon, but he's finally met a girl who can't stand him. He and Bo's girlfriend Parvatti are slapping each other any time they are on the same lot, and I don't know what started it. Over one semester they went from wanting to argue with each other to furious enemies; both have 3 nice points. The band spent a lot of time performing at the lounge, while the Greek houses had parties and dates. The band members surprised me by all rolling wants for group research - it's easy to fill and filling it triggered more study/assignment wants, so they passed easily. Daisy helped JoAnn get the skills she needed to fully open the progress bar (Daisy rolled a logic skill want and JoAnn needed logic, so Daisy invited her to play chess). Andy Bellum became the first college sim in this game to go on academic probation. In his final semester, he didn't have the skill points needed to pass. He needs cleaning or logic, and with the slower skilling mod I use, he wasn't able to get cleaning high enough despite being the only one to clean for three days. He also only autonomously played chess once and not long enough to earn a skill point. Unless he rolls a want to skill or fear of failure, things get dirty quickly, or he suddenly becomes fascinated by chess, he's going to fail his repeat year, too. The rest of the fraternity, aside from Henry, had just enough skill points to get by with a mix of Cs and Bs. Henry, being a dormie just made playable this semester, walked to his exam with a full progress bar. At the sorority, everyone had needed skill points.

I moved most of the graduates into my fishing lodge apartments. Erik Swain moved in first, and while he was renting a room a social group townie that I had made playable walked onto the lot and into the apartment she used to live in. Then another copy of her walked in, and then another. I think it was a portal glitch, though last time I had a playable sim on that lot move out he hung around the lot until after I'd played his new house. I dealt with her by moving in other graduates so that playables held all the apartments and then moved Erik out and then back in. I opened the lot the ex-townie now lives on, played it for a few minutes, then went back to the apartment lot. There was no sign of the ex-townie when loading any of the four apartments, and hoodchecker didn't show anything odd when I ran it after exiting the game, so I am fairly sure it wasn't a serious glitch. It's always a bit nerve wracking when the game does odd things, though.

The new graduate households are: Erik Swain and his fiance Maik; Eva Besson and the drunken Isha Bugeja; Arnold Colt and Jacquette Rusche; Mariona Cordier and Andrew Walburton; and Ida Juana Knowe. Most of those sims were dormies that joined the sorority or frat; Mariona and Maik were townie teens that went to college with Gavin, and Ida Juana is a playable from Land Grant U. Ida Juana is the only one not currently in the fishing apartments - she's camping on a temporary 1x1 lot until I play her. Also graduating were Gavin Newon and Laurie Poireau, but they moved back into the Newson house, along with Laurie and Ginger's triplet toddlers. Ginger is now alone in a house at the university, but she'll be joined by Gabriella and Gallagher before she graduates (if she graduates - she needs skills for her next semester).
Mad Poster
#264 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 9:22 PM
The idea of the Nerdists as a happy little polyamorous trio is highly appealing...

Apartment ghosts are normal. I've found the simplest thing to be deleting them with move_objects.

Trent's junior year was limping along when Tammy Ottomas started rolling wants to fall back in love with him, despite making an effort to meet other guys who'd be less flaky. So she called him up and told him they needed to talk, taking him to the Dinerama at ALT with an agenda in mind. He had never fallen out of love with her, and she's known him a long time, so by the time she got him to the hot tub in the Notell Motel nearby, he found himself telling her all about The Plan to become a double agent and undermine the government while working for the SCIA. She's the first person he's ever discussed The Plan with, for obvious reasons, and he was surprised by the results. For one thing she homed right in on a weakness he hadn't even thought about - that he was basing his life choices on a plan over which he had no control at all, there not being any way to guarantee that the SCIA would hire him! She convinced him they could be revolutionaries together and the next thing he knew they were engaged. She quickly undertook to break up his other romantic entanglement with Davine Newson, by the simple expedient of woohooing him at the next toga party and flashing her ring around. Trent feels a lot better about life generally, despite having had it brought to his attention that his plan was both egotistical and impractical. Everything's better with Tammy, is the thing.

Meanwhile, since Hallie Capp rolled a want to get engaged to Geoff Hart, and he didn't roll any commitment wants, Hallie invited him on a date and then back to her place, where she dropped a little ultimatum - no ring, no more woohoo! As a Family/Romance sim he felt this was reasonable. Hallie has now moved in with him and Trent, which can't possibly cause any problems down the road just because Hallie and Trent periodically roll wants to fall in love with each other. The residence, which had felt so huge, is now a little crowded, since Hallie brings a big screen TV, a parrot, and various other furnishings with her. Trent and Geoff invited their family and Tammy's sorority over and a good time was had by all. Trent and Geoff's dad Rhett, who knows a thing or two about awkward love polyhedrons, thinks Tammy needs to move in ASAP, but she wants to make up with Davine - who is, after all, her best friend - first. Their sister Angel thinks it's great that two of her best friends are engaged to two of her brothers. Little Beatrice spent a lot of time playing with Hallie's parrot Ariel and dancing on Trent's feet. The Middles mostly took turns on the electro-dance sphere some secret admirer (Davine, in fact) left for him.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#265 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:44 PM
I'm finishing up simweek 2 (two-thirds through year 1; I have modded 22-day, four-season years) of my UC Megahood (Tarlia's). Just rolled the ROS for each family and for the hood for the next week.

No services will be on strike this coming week, and taxes aren't due. But health and life insurance premiums both get collected at the start of the week. More important, Nina Caliente and Edward Contrary both drop dead (and Bianca Monty-Curious will pick a fight with her least-liked neighbor, but that's certainly minor in comparison!). I'm pretty sad about Nina especially; she's always had such flavor in every iteration of her I've played. And she's definitely the most interesting person in her household---she lives with Gabriel Green and Don Lothario. (Might have been a mistake to give Don an Athletics LTW, as far as keeping him interesting. But he does love work and has a Fitness OTH, so it seemed natural at the time.) This housing situation is recent, though; Nina fell in love with Carlos Contender (who went permaplat after woohooing her among many others) and became pregnant by him, then decided after the baby was born that she needed space to pursue her own dream (which is also to woohoo with 20 different sims). So moving out of the Contender house and away from her now-toddler was supposed to be temporary. And now I guess she's never going back.

(Carlos has had his hands almost too full to miss her, ever since his niece Isabel Baldwin died under suspicious circumstances, right after finding out that her husband had cheated on her with Alexandra Teatherton [that was a shock to me too; Alexandra was just inviting Ben over to finish making best friends...which they achieved together, sure, just not in the way I figured]. Carlos, now living in a downloaded four-bedroom estate, had moved in Isabel's widower Ben and the Baldwin children, including a baby that had been ACR-conceived by the Baldwins before Isabel's death. So no dull moments there. Nevertheless, I think he was looking forward to Nina's return, even if just to help him out!)

Edward Contrary was a tragic figure already. He and his strangely cold wife Opal had split and then divorced after Opal gave birth to their ACR baby, Astleigh. It was a lot of work for Edward, keeping up with his greenhouse garden and the baby and his LTW career, but fortunately he and his teen son Rick had reconciled, and Rick did help out as he could. Personally, I had secretly been hoping to marginalize Opal because I disliked her coldness. My last straw came when she repeatedly cheated on Edward with Marcel Jocque, finally woohooing Marcel in a photobooth. At least the woman finally had the decency (well, after the first couple of cheating incidents) to stop fearing becoming enemies with Marcel's wife and daughter! But I guess that's true to life---it was her choice to cheat, but like some people, some sims prefer to do bad things and just not have consequences. (Yes, Edward is Astleigh's real father, though.)

But now Rick Contrary's left for college, so I suppose toddler Astleigh must go to live with Opal once Edward passes. Her mother Opal, who never rolled a single want to interact with her nor ever did so autonomously either. (That's why I had Edward keep Astleigh originally when Opal left!) Poor kid. But here's to hoping that Opal surprises me. I mean, I don't know that I'd really forgive her, but a kid deserves a good parent. So if she can manage at least that, I'll be pleased.

On a somewhat more technical note, I'm continuing with my project to have rental vacation homes in all the Maxis vacation hoods, using the Simlogical Lot Income Rights system. All mortgages of regular residences in my hood are already privately financed thanks to the LIR (meaning that no one gets a mortgage if no one else has the capital to "lend" them the money by purchasing the lot's income rights), so I really want this to work. Already have the properties all set up, but I've not been able yet to confirm that the vacation-rental system will consistently work: the first night's payment goes through just fine, but subsequent nights' charges seem not to be deducted or transferred to the property's income-rights owner. This time, I've used Pescado's Magic Wand to pre-depreciate the rental properties, so that furniture losing value during the vacation should be out as a culprit. Let's see what happens.
Forum Resident
#266 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 3:37 AM
The dust continues to settle after the last great Plague outbreak in Queens Bluff. It was the deadliest outbreak in the history of the Bluff, sparing no family and no institution. The mayor and most of his staff perished, as did the Bishop and all but one of the Sisters of Mercy; the army and the Green family were similarly affected. Fortunately the Bluff's pool of talent is deep enough that survivors were able to restore civil function; Chief Constable Virgil Green was especially instrumental in recalling the city's young men from studies abroad refill the multitude of vacancies, putting his own fortune to work paying for nurses and guardians to so many newly-created orphans. In his role as senior warden of the Church, he is functionally in charge of it until young Gilbert Keith, being groomed as Bishop Ebeneezer's heir, finds another bishop to give him holy orders.

In nearby Cornwall, the outlook seemed much more grim for a time. Most of the village's adult population perished, and though its surviving landlord Aeneas sent for the Cornwell men abroad, half of them perished enroute. In the meantime, the village was invaded by a tribe of so-called 'Vikings', who seized many valuable properties and had Aeneas well and truly surrounded. When Paris and Xerxes arrived, they found a hopeless cause and retired to Queens' Bluff, hoping to solicit help. Aeneas resolved to fight on alone, however, despite the fact that young Caesar -- the heir of Lord Caesar, the creator of Cornwall and the father of the caste of landlords who control all the land within it -- was being held captive. Though details are still sketchy, evidently Aeneas was able to single-handedly duel and kill four of the Vikings' leading champions, and only two are left: Ubba the Coward and Bjorn. Aeneas did not succeed in merely four fights,but over twenty, and now his name is uttered in awe. His record as a fighter is second only to Lord Caesar's, and Lord Caesar's contests were for far more ignoble purposes -- and never achieved anything except getting him shot in the back. Aeneas angrily refused an offer by the utterly amazed Paris and Xerxes to make him the true Caesar, though given that Cassius is dead and has no male heirs, his vast fortune is up for grabs -- and Caesar, rescued by the combined efforts of Cyrus and Aeneas, will undoubtedly split it between the champions. Still, when young Caesar comes age, he may regard with jealous resentment the high esteem given to his cousin.
Mad Poster
#267 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 6:16 PM
Kent Capp met aliens. My plans are coming together.
Consort got promoted to Tycoon. LTW accomplished. Now he wants to go back to the vacation lot on Twikkii. Juliette got a C in school. Hermia got demoted at work.
Bootstrap doesn't give me a headache on the smartphone like it does on the flatscreen monitor but typing is a pain!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#268 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 6:35 PM
Monica Bratford and Kevin Beare had such an adorable little daughter! She's so chubby and cute. I was hoping the first litter of puppies would've grown up today, but they didn't. The second litter arrived though - just one boy puppy. Turns out the larger households mod doesn't seem to work with pet pregnancies because now they can't have more litters. I'll have to wait another day until the first litter grows up and sell them. Maybe keep one of the females because Kevin recently bought a male puppy from the Debateau's.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#269 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:30 PM
Andromeda Larsen and Espresso Neighbour just became teenagers, and just as much of a dynamic duo as their respective parents - cousins Nessie Larsen and Jaws Neighbour. So Andromeda and Espresso went downtown on their own for the first time, they went to a restaurant where they mostly fooled around. Just before they left, though, Nessie had been burning his food and appearently had another go at it as me and the teenagers left the lot just as the oven burst into flames. So I was pretty worried. Well, when we came back Nessie was in the other end of the house, just standing around, Jaws wanted to use the toilet but Konrad Platz was smustling just in front of it, and their second cousin Piel-Divina was at the kitchen table eating Nessie's burnt and rejected food, all while the flames were dying out on their own before the firefighter had even reached the door. It was such an anti-climax and I'm very grateful for that. Then at night a burglar came. I was so pissed off because he went inside the room where Andromeda and Espresso were sleeping, which is a seperate mini-house, and that must've been so creepy to wake up to. Andromeda attempted to give chase but the burglar got away... with their room-divider. I hope he'll have lots of fun with it.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#270 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:51 PM
Quite chaotic in Kipling at the moment - Thursday night, meaning lots of parties and group outings, as well as a couple of dates - and I have no idea who kissed who now; these soldiers behaved like wild animals after quite a tough week.
And - I am not even halfway through with the rotation either.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#271 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:43 AM
The new generation is getting underway all due to risky whohoo, in fact is every baby due to risky whoohoo? I think it is.
The Mitchel's hold the record with 3 grandchildren.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#272 Old 1st May 2016 at 2:16 AM Last edited by selfmadequeen : 1st May 2016 at 2:19 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is stupid
I just started a brand new neighborhood. My Sim, Kandis, a Fortune Sim, moved into an apartment complex. She had intended on staying single for a while, skilling up, and climbing the Law career. But then townie Juan Reamon rented the unit next door and ACR had other plans. What started out as a purely physical relationship, ended up being true love. Kandis became pregnant and Juan proposed. They married in the garden of the apartment complex, in the middle of a snow storm.
After a fairly exhausting, but uneventful pregnancy, baby Julian Reamon was born last night, in the living room.
Juan, a Family Sim, wants more kids right away, but Kandis wants to wait.
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 1st May 2016 at 2:17 AM
Created my own neighborhood and I'm planning on populating it with the simbin families, particularly the Ramaswami's, Picaso's, Gavigan's, and Traveller's!!
Lab Assistant
#274 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:38 AM
Hi everyone. I lurk a lot, but this thread finally brought me ~out of the shadows~. I've been reading it off and on for the past two weeks and I'm really enamored with everyone's stories.

Jo, Coral Bay is absolutely beautiful <3 That wedding looked perfect too. Even though it quite clearly had much to be desired.

I've spent practically all day working on a CC-free aquarium after stumbling across this thread today. I loved chickadeelee's aquarium when I saw it awhile back, but I never knew that the download link was broken so I wanted to attempt a version that could be shared for others to inject any aquarium cc into it of their choice. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to upload it, or where I'll upload it to -- it's hardly as impressive as the original that I based it off of, but it's a start, right?

Now, for actual gameplay! I'm working on a homebrew BaCC hood named Corinth, which is in the very beginning stages of development (the oldest of Gen 1 just turned into a child about four sim days ago). In Corinth, things are interesting. I'm waiting impatiently for the week to end so my little hamlet can squander 20k on a water/power plant for the settlement to use. Until then, there's no plumbing or electricity in the hood. Also, my sims are failing at upholding the four babies per household clause, which was mandatory for those who wished to participate in Corinth's founding. I said MORE BABIES, dangit! I'm also forcing one of my founders -- knowledge sim Yolanda Porter -- to be the schoolteacher for the neighborhood, but I don't believe she'll be too keen on the idea. She's hardly up to interacting with her own children, let alone someone else's!
Mad Poster
#275 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:09 AM
Cornwall and Regan welcomed baby Contessa, named after Regan's mother, of course. Poor kid has a grumpy looking mouth shape and ten nice points, which are going to get her walked all over in Veronaville. Still, she's a cute little blue-eyed blond, well suited for diaper commercials. She's also very shy, serious, and tidy. Cornwall and Regan made good progress in Show Business, and since Regan has a marry off six kids LTW, got a little sibling for Contessa on the way.
Miranda is struggling a little with private school, but doing quite well in Entertainment, and going steady with David Ottomas. Hal and Desdemona have easier classes, but only Hal's gotten as high as an A-. Ariel's learned to walk, talk, and use the toilet. Albany's moving up well through the police ranks, and the feud has been very, very quiet. Goneril lost some skill points on a bad chance card and decided she was okay with another baby: her due date is the same as Regan's. She's in the LS Entertainment career, which is the business side of the Show Business/Entertainment World.
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 11 of 349