Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#276 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:16 AM
Thanks cheezypuff Cute user name by the way.

Nice work on the aquarium. Why not upload it here?

Here is the hood view of Coral Bay, originally Elsewhere by Plasticbox who has to take all credit. I have tweaked the shoreline in one place, added some buildings and hood deco, that is all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#277 Old 1st May 2016 at 9:56 AM
I'm three households into the fall in my 'hood. At the Traveller's, Trent and Tina had colds. Tina went upstairs to relax until cured, delaying her departure for college. Trent started eating comfort soup. While he was having his first bowl, his son Zekiel caught it too. Herbert Bigfoot came into the room and two notices popped up - he had both a cold and a flu. Trent's wife Daisy took the younger toddler outside to teach walking and avoid plague tiles. Trent finished his soup and got sick again. He ate the second bowl and a popup said he was cured - and he immediately keeled over, coughing to death. Daisy rushed in and pleaded for his life, saving him. Tina had been on her way downstairs to cry, but headed back to bed, still sick. Instead of resting and recovering while I watched the rest of the household, I think she'd been dancing and getting sicker. The next morning, Tina stayed home from school to watch the toddlers and keep recovering. At about 0900 h, she was finally well, so she called a nanny, packed her bags, and went off to university. Herbert came home with Peter Ottomas and a promotion. Peter spent the afternoon playing with the Traveller's cockatoo while Herbert potty trained Oceana and started teaching her to walk. Zekiel came home from school with River Land, who hung about until after Zekiel's half brother River McCarthy aged to child. The two boys seemed to find having the same name funny, and they joked about it and played while Trent made Zekiel do his homework. Daisy McCarthy is torn on whether or not she wants more children, rolling both wants and fears about babies. The house is small and cozy now, but more kids would make it cramped, and she's starting to enjoy having older children instead of babies. She does want more children though (and 6 grandkids) - River and Oceana are her only two children, but Trent feels he has enough children with the four he's got - Tina from his first marriage, Zekiel through alien abduction, and the two with Daisy.

With my baby/season challenge family, their fall was chaotic. They are up to 13 children now, and none will be going to university until the end of the next season. There are two small bathrooms in the house and an outhouse as well, but those are starting to feel insufficient, especially with the rush as 9 try to get ready for school. Jane and Flannan started resting and meeting their own needs during the day so that they could help all the teens and children who didn't want to do homework for most of the evening and night. They were also trying to teach the youngest two some toddler skills, and near the end of the week they were trying to get Jane pregnant with the winter baby. I think ACR's declining fertility is starting to affect them; it took several try for baby attempts but she finally did get pregnant and simblender says she's expecting 2 (I'll see how many she actually has next rotation). Teens and children not being helped with homework were normally playing catch, painting, or playing with all the teens and children that they brought home from school. Three of the teens have fallen in love with playables in other households, and those relationships will develop further when I'm playing the other, less chaotic lots. The oldest teen is furious with a couple of his siblings for either shower puddles or for clogging the toilet - the others played to build fun, he scrubbed the bathrooms. The family only opened their business selling mined ores once, and with so many sims in the family only two or three customers at a time were showing up. I think their business will have to move to the community lot next door in order to get more customers.

I've also added a trailer park challenge lot to my game. The founder must have known about the career restrictions and the need to meet townies - her first wants when I moved her on to her empty lot were to get a job in the slacker or culinary careers and to go downtown. Candy didn't roll any wants for basic necessities like a fridge or toilet - she's a pleasure sim with a family secondary. I built her a trailer and started sending her to different downtown lots to meet people. The lots seemed full of either playable sims or teens, but she did finally meet a sim that she had decent chemistry with. She also made a few friends and got a networking gift tv that she can use. Candy and Morten had a few dates, fell in love, and he moved in, bringing $3000. He was at the top of the athletic career and has a number of odd items in his inventory - they are keeping the hot tub and will sell the rest next summer. Morten quit his job and has taken up painting and fishing. Until the summer yard sale, their main income will be Candy's low level job in the culinary track. Candy got pregnant soon after Morten moved in, and the next afternoon they threw a party with all four of Morten's friends as guests. Very classy - fruit punch and a wedding arch on the lawn, the wedding meal was lunchmeat sandwiches, and there is only one chair on the lot. Candy spent the party trying to become friends with Morten's friends while not leaving the one chair, and Morten played kickybag with anyone not in conversation with Candy. They had their ride in a limo, and that ended their last day of fall.
Field Researcher
#278 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:20 PM
Dirk Dreamer's grocery story got to level 4 after a successful business day. Throughout the day Dirk got a bronze restocking badge, a bronze register badge and a gold sales badge. He's still living with his dad and he plans on taking over the house when Darren eventually dies. Dirk's daughter Sascha will move in with them when she becomes a child. She lives with her mother in prison now, but she has to go after she reaches a certain age. Both Darren and Dirk wanted a dog, so they adopted a small adult dog, Dakota. Darren immediately wanted to make friends with her while Dirk looked for a job in the Service career for her. When Dakota got the job, Dirk taught her to shake hands. She needed that to get promoted. Dirk picked up Sascha so they could hang out. Dirk used to visit Sascha as a baby, but he takes her with him to his house since she became a toddler. They became quick (best) friends. Darren got promoted to Warhead Disarmer (Adventure, lvl 7). He wants to become a Space Pirate, so he's well on his way. Darren went to bed because he was exhausted. He's still an old man, after all! Dirk invited Lucy Burb over and she brought along a professor she knew from when she was in college. Dirk hit it off with the professor. Darren woke up and had a lot of fun with Lucy. I was afraid they would start flirting with each other, but it's all safe. For now.
Mad Poster
#279 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:09 PM
The first wedding - and the first baby on the way in Kipling. 16 singles and there is one wedding after 2 rotations. Somehow, the soldiers don't seem very eager to commit. (Some of them will have too, I need a second generation)!
Forum Resident
#280 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:16 PM
My founder died! I'm never prepared for when Grim comes, I thought he or his wife might be taken today, but I didn't expect Grim to come so early (five past six), suddenly he was just standing there in the middle of the livingroom. Anyway, Neighbour Neighbour became 80 days old (or... a bit more actually considering the copious amounts of life elixir he and Nina drank as adults) and got a beautiful platinum grave. His son-in-law Ilo, who had just recovered from the death of his sister-in-law Pony, got an aspiration failure once again, as he had just become best friends with Neighbour and feared him dying. And now Ilo's husband Biker and Neighbour's wife Nina aren't long for this world either, poor Ilo (and everybody else) will be devastated. Well, Neighbour died dancing, which was a fitting way for him to end his amazing life. I feel like an era has come to its end, as I count my simming in terms of Before Neighbour and After Neighbour. So thank you Neighbour Neighbour, for sharing this awesome time with me, for helping me explore Freetime, for starting an entire clan with 12 children, 18 grandchildren and, so far, 9 great-grandchildren, for being the sweetest, happiest, danciest sim around and giving me and your fellow sims loads of joy. Pleasantview will never be the same again. Keep on smustlin' in the afterlife.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#281 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:22 PM
Sharon Worth surprised me today by trying for a baby with Don Lothario while she was hosting a party. I was quite surprised because she has no family aspiration or a want to have a baby - in fact she feared it in the morning. They weren't successful, but that's okay - they already have one daughter together, and they actually hadn't previously spoken since she was a toddler. The party went well, except Norkio Aspirwas being her usual grumpy self (she's a zombie so she lost all her nice points) and started attacking Hannah Bell. Pauline had to keep her grandma company so she's stop.

In the Heart family, both Matthew and Sarah were working hard to get enough money for a second crib... Maybe even more seeing as Sarah's pregnant again and has a tendency to have twins. The older twins are doing quite well at school, but Love Hart is having trouble. He keeps putting his homework on the desk so it's unreachable and I tend not to notice. Oops. I got him to do all 3 pieces of homework though now so hopefully that'll pull his grades up. Sweet & Sacred learned to walk finally.

Artie Goodie had to put off being sent to Strangetown as part of the army. His parents are on the verge of death, and his wife still hasn't come back from University yet. He'll have to raise Abiah, his son for the time being. Unless his sister, Adeline is willing to - although she is also a young parent waiting for her spouce (Isiah Gavigan) to come back from uni. Artie has no idea Sharla might not be coming back, after having an affair in uni resulting in twins - who are currently in the orphanage (still trying to work out a last name for them - narrowed it down to either Gemini or Waters)

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#282 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:31 AM
I finally finished the rotation at the boarding house (Jodie Larson, Tyler Traveller & his partner Gerard Landry). Jodie Larson is a terrible mother. She gets ZERO wants concerning her daughter. Tyler & Gerard had a deal with Jodie, back when the girls were still babies, that they would babysit for each other since they all seemed to have different work schedules. In the end, though, it was Gerard who taught Jenna (Jodie's child) how to use the potty and walk. It was Gerard who gave her baths and played with her, even when Jodie was home. He did guilt her into teaching Jenna to talk, but it became abundantly clear that Jodie had no interest in her daughter at all. She works nights in the criminal career and Jenna ends up spending the night with Elara (Tyler's child) more often than not. This is great for Elara. As an only child, she would be lonely without Jenna to play with. Jodie drags in around morning, dead tired, and goes straight to bed. Jenna ends up eating breakfast with Elara's family. Meanwhile, Gerard still has wants to adopt a child. He just keeps rolling them. I think I'm going to have Jodie put up Jenna for adoption and let Gerard adopt her. Elara would love having a full-time sister and Jenna would be taken care of. As for Jodie, she's on birth control to prevent future mishaps and still searching for a rich man to marry.
Forum Resident
#283 Old 2nd May 2016 at 10:24 PM
It was the worst of times and the best of times. Not only had Twelfth love Neighbour's father died just a few hours after Twelfth love had visited his household, within four days he'd also lost his oldest brother/bff as well as his mother. If there was any comfort for a guy with fortune as his second aspiration, inheritance money was stacking up. And things quickly turned around: after work he brought ho e a new colleauge called Robin, and despite the two of them being kind of awkward together, they got along well and became bff's within a few days. That evening, however, another one of Twelfth's bff's, Jessica, invited him to an outing which went well, and at the pool table he met his twin brother's granddaughter Champagne. Both she and said brother's youngest daughter Love thy proceeded to call Twelfth a few times, to the point where he became friends with Love thy. All in all, it was a good time to be a popularity sim.
Wanting to write a novel, 12th made a sequel to his previous one, "Do servos (dream of electric llamas?)", called "They do". It sold okay, not the best-seller he had hoped for. But never mind that, he worked his way up to Legend, thus fulfilling his lifetime wish. Now he wants to make 100 000 simoleons. We can do it. Having just gotten a restaurant coupon, he brought bff's Britta and Robin to eat out with him to celebrate. He then proceeded to write yet another novel called "A Neighbour's memoir" (no place for the last s). It was a bestseller.
Some days later, he grew up into an elder. I'm so proud of what he has accomplished. It seems like it was only yesterday he was a timid little teenager!

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#284 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:55 PM
It feels like Curtis Darga has been in love with Lucy Burb for ages. He has wanted to marry her since the moment he met her. Even though Lucy was in love with Curtis' best friend Dustin Broke at the time, he never stopped pursuing her. Lucy got a daughter, Lilly, in college with Dustin. Dustin was never committed to Lucy and he never even looked after his own daughter. Curtis wanted Lucy and he'd take Lilly anytime if that meant he could be with Lucy. It did work out. Lucy said yes to his proposal and today is the day they got married. It was just them two, nobody else. They'll both be keeping their own last names, because Lucy didn't want Lilly to have Curtis' last name but it'd be weird if Lilly was the only Burb in their little family. Curtis is a senior in college and is in the Urele-Oresha-Cham fraternity. He has been since his freshman year. Lucy is living in a run-down one-room apartment with her baby daughter. She has enough money to buy a house, but she wants to stay under the radar. Both her and Curtis are evil witches. Lucy has a lot of plans to take care of, but Curtis learned the art of magic because he wanted to be with Lucy. He isn't interested in pursuing magic any further. He never casts spells, so he'll stay at the lowest level of evil magic. Lucy is at the highest level and she is planning on creating a lot of chaos with her best friend and fellow atrociously evil witch Marion Raha.
Forum Resident
#285 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:56 PM
After finally getting most of my games installed and deciding to play even if I don't have the premade hoods, I made a custom hood and plopped down a sim named Crystal Burns. She spent most of her time creating flower arrangements and painting, hoping to get a little money built up even though she couldn't get a job. A few days went by and she happened to see Amin Sims as well as a couple other guys walking past her house. Feeling lonely, she invited them all in, and since she was a family sim she decided to see if any of them appeared to be a suitable mate. Before long she was best friends with Amin and they soon ended up woohooing on the couch. One of the woohoos resulted in chimes.Crystal was thrilled at the chance to become a mother and soon gave birth to a little boy she named Ryan. Shortly after Ryan's birth, Amin and Crystal got married and Amin moved in with her and Ryan.

As the days went by, Amin commuted out of town to go to work and little Ryan grew more and more. But Crystal was beginning to get bored doing the same old thing, day in and day out. As she was getting the mail one day, Joe Carr happened to walk by. Crystal was alone and bored so she invited him in. She couldn't help but notice how attractive he was, and she could tell that he noticed her as well. Before she could think about what she was doing, they ended up kissing. Before long, they made it an everyday occurance to go on home dates when Ryan was in school and Amin was at work.

Ryan's teen birthday came around all too quickly and Crystal finally realized what she was missing in her life. She wanted to have another baby, yet no matter how many times her and Amin had tried over the years since they got married, she hadn't been able to conceive again. Perhaps her fling with Joe was simply her hoping that she would be able to once again carry a child, and since Joe carried the same dark skin, brown hair, and blue eyes as Amin, she could have pulled off telling Amin that Joes child was his If she would happen to get pregnant. But still, no such luck in conceiving.

One day, Amin ended up getting fired from work due to a chance card. He came home to catch Crystal and Joe together and immediately got furious. Melissa Fancey had just happened to come home with Amin that day, and so to get back at Crystal, Amin began flirting with Melissa. Melissa, being a Romance sim, went along with Amins advances and they soon ended up in bed together. What neither of them had planned, though, was for Melissa to get pregnant. As soon as Amin found out that he was going to be a father again, he invited Melissa to move in with the family. There was no way that he would allow his child to grow up without him even if he had every intention of trying to fix things with Crystal. Melissa agreed to move in, even though Crystal wasn't thrilled about it, and they made it work the best they could for a few months. Only condtition was that Amin and Melissa were to be completely plutonic from that moment on.

However, one night, Crystal walked into Ryan's room to discover Melissa and Amin embraced in a deep kiss. Crystal was furious and had enough. She immediately broke it off with Amin, not caring if he had a place to live or not. She just wanted him out of her life. Amin didn't want his baby to be born homeless so he begged Crystal to allow Melissa to stay until he could get a home built for them and then Melissa and the baby would move out as well. Finally Crystal agreed and Amin walked out.

Since Amin was out of the picture, Crystal began seeing Joe Carr again and they soon decided to be married They tried unsuccessfully for a couple months to get pregnant and soon it was time for Melissa's baby to be born. It turned out to be a little girl with all of her father's coloring. Melissa named her Brianna and put her in the crib that Crystal had saved from when Ryan was a baby,, Later that night, Joe and Crystal tried for a baby one more time and finally was able to conceive. They were overjoyed and couldn't wait until they could see their little one.

The next morning, though, Crystal woke up with cramping and she knew she had lost the baby she hardly got to carry. Not wanting to wake anybody, she went and cleaned herself up, and then walked into the living room, only to hear Brianna crying uncontrollably in the guest room where she and Melissa was staying. The crying went on and on for five minutes before Crystal decided to see if Melissa needed help. She was shocked to find Melissa's bed made and all of Melissa's belongings gone. Melissa had sneaked away in the night, leaving her newborn daughter without either of her parents.

Ryan couldn't believe all of this had happened to his little sister. It had been hard enough on him to know that his father could walk away from him, but for his father to walk away from his little sister, and then she be abandoned by her mother as well, that was simply inexcusable. He went to his mother and asked her if he could raise his sister. He would get a job, teach her everything she needed to know, and if it came down to it, he would even legally adopt her if he needed to. Knowing that she couldn't deny this selfless request from her son, nor turn the baby out on the streets, she agreed and so little Brianna was accepted into the family as one of their own.

The family flourished for years, with Brianna growing into a child, being taught all of her toddler skills by her brother. Ryan got a job in Music, commuting out of town since there were no jobs nearby, And Joe and Crystal continued to hope for a child of their own. Finally, their dreams came true and Crystal managed to conceive and carry a baby to term, giving birth to a boy with Joe's coloring named Phillip. Ryan began dating his childhood friend Brittany Parker and soon they went steady and even got engaged. They are waiting until they both turn 18 though before they think about actually getting married.

As soon as he was able to, Amin Sims moved into a small two bedroom house next to Crystal's. He called to talk to Ryan and Ryan told Amin about Melissa leaving and about Brianna's birth and plans for her future, Amin didn't want to disrupt a family that was doing well, and so he agreed to the arrangement as long as he would be able to see both Brianna and Ryan at least a couple days a week. Everyone agreed and Amin set out to make his own way in life by starting to work on stock for an electronic store as well as repairing old cars to sell. He also had multiple parties, inviting Ryan, Crystal, Joe, Brianna, and some of his coworkers.

It was at one of these parties that Amin realized that he still had very strong feelings for Crystal. He was getting along great with his son, was making progress with his daughter, so now if he could only get back into his ex wife's good graces he could at least be somewhat happy. And so he began talking to her ore and more at the parties, oftentimes ignoring his other guests to do so. Ryan took up the slack at these parties and usually made the party a success by talking and playing around with the other guests, Crystal seemed a bit skeptic at first when Amin began talking to her and showing her so much attention, but she could not deny the strong feelings that she had for him when they first met and through the multiple years that they had been together. And, try as she might, she could not deny that she was still attracted to him to this day. It just seemed natural when they sneaked away from the party to go woohoo in Amin's bedroom and the love between them grew just like it had in the beginning. But Amin knew that Crystal was happy now with Joe, and that he could not interfere, even though he would give almost anything to have his family back together.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Forum Resident
#286 Old 3rd May 2016 at 7:18 PM
The cult of Grilled Cheese's members have finally earned enough money to add wall and floor coverings to their lot. The outside has brown and orange siding, and those colours continue throughout the house. The cult members also are now wearing assorted outfits in those colours. The cult founder, Alan Coulthurst, married his pregnant girlfriend Cheryl. The other couple on the lot are engaged, but Wolf Paris hasn't rolled a want for marriage yet. The final member of the cult is a single elder; she spends most of her time painting pictures of grilled cheese. The front room of the cult's hall has been turned into a sandwich shop, selling individual grilled cheese. Visitors are also invited in for meals, to listen to music about grilled cheese, to watch cooking shows, and to play games and socialize with cult members. The cult loves talking about their cheese passion, but few visitors are interested in listening to them for long. They normally just buy themselves a bit of food, play a game, and then quickly escape from the boring talk about sandwiches. The cult members, though, are all in a pretty good mood - even if their visitors aren't interested, they can still talk to each other about the wonders of Grilled Cheese. Only two members of the household have outside jobs - the rest spent a lot of time making and selling sandwiches. Cheryl gave birth to a boy near the end of fall, and she and Alan have named him Basil. His nursery is an eye-popping bright orange, and as he grows he'll be surrounded by cooking toys (and obsessed adults - he's not going to have any food at home other than sandwiches unless he makes himself muffins).

The poultry farm had a successful fall. The family's dog had a litter of four puppies which were put up for adoption (the pool was short on puppies). The third child aged to teen on Friday afternoon, so there were three teens able to help in the shop over the weekend. The oldest teen, Tuck, had a couple of dates with a townie. Sue spent a fair bit of time on the phone trying to build a relationship with one of the neighbouring farm teens, but they didn't get together in person this week. New teen Chris is a family/pleasure sim, and he wants to have a first kiss but isn't sure who to kiss. He did try to kiss one of the shop's customers, but got rejected and the shop lost a star - his mother, Tara, told him to work the cash register in hopes of avoiding further inappropriate behaviour. The fourth child, Anne, felt a bit lonely after Chris aged up - he was no longer interested in the same toys and games that he used to play with her. She took to talking with the family's bird in the evenings, but Chris did help her with her homework in the afternoons. The father, Christopher, rolled a couple of odd fears - he feared falling out of love with Jane, a crush from university that he doesn't love. Jane then walked by the lot; she's very pregnant. Christopher talked to her for a bit, and rubbed her belly - he then rerolled his fears and lost the fear of falling out of love with her but gained a fear of being chased by her. That fear disappeared when he next woke up, but I'm keeping an eye out for other potential problem wants and fears.

The Ottomas household was challenging this rotation. Sharla has left for university, both parents are elders and were at the mid level positions in their careers, and there are four teens, a child, and a dog still in the house. Tommy and his younger sister Lisa spent a lot of time together; both are knowledge/fortune sims with a high interest in science. Tommy was abducted by aliens and returned unchanged. Lisa was abducted last rotation and came home with a new personality - she's a very serious, shy slob now, but her school performance and relationship with her boyfriend has improved as a result of the changes. Tommy had one bad day at the start of the fall - he was exhausted after work with no fun at all but low hunger was a bigger concern. He got caught in a low needs cycle of too tired to eat and too hungry to sleep before I noticed the problem - I got him to get leftovers and took away the chairs so he'd eat. He managed to get to bed without passing out, but then woke with low bladder, hygiene, and fun. Bladder and hygiene were easy to deal with, and Lisa played red hands with him a couple of times, but Tommy then had to do homework. He finished it before school, but needed more games of red hands before the carpool arrived for work. Of the twins, Jeff is a pleasure/romance sim and George is knowledge/romance. George started the season by starting to show his pregnancy by aliens, making his parents furious with him (and with the alien that impregnated him). George's motives were low most of the fall, and his attempts to interact with his parents mostly failed. Jeff was even more miserable, but that was because Samantha started insisting he do his homework each night after his grades had dropped and he lost his scholarship (harder homework is really hard for Jeff). Jeff also kept rolling hard to fill wants, so his aspiration meter is very low. Child Carly started making friends with kids from school. Other than by George, Carly was mostly overlooked by the rest of the family this fall. George took time to play with her and help her with homework while he waited for the alien baby to be born. When the baby arrived, George and his parents were the only ones home. Peter and Samantha were still mad at George, but the birth filled the wants they had to become grandparents. Peter immediately rolled wants for relatives to get engaged and married, while Samantha rolled a want for 20 grandkids and to retire. I think she wants to stay around to care for the baby, so she retired. Peter then got fired following a bad chance card that afternoon, leaving Tommy and Lisa the only two employed sims in the household. Tommy and Lisa both made it to the top of their teen careers, filling scholarship wants. As for the baby, he was well cared for despite not being very wanted - and by the time he turned to a toddler on the last day of fall, both Peter and Samantha were friends with him and rolled wants to teach him skills. While he was having his birthday, Tommy and Lisa were in the back yard taking turns using the telescope and stargazing on the grass. As I was watching Peter potty train his grandson, I missed seeing Tommy get hit by a satellite (I don't know how I didn't notice the grim reaper, but I did and there was no chance to plead for his life). Lisa was devastated, and she rolled a want to resurrect her brother - that's been locked and will be a focus for hers for a while. The rest of the family also had a hard time getting through the evening, as they kept stopping to cry.

I had kind of wanted the drama of a death in this family, but Tommy wasn't the one I hoped would go - I'd been considering having Peter die in a workplace accident, but he got fired the day I was going to kill him. Then I thought about having George either not survive the pregnancy, or having him run away/move out before the baby came, but I ended up just leaving him. Jeff was also considered, but attempts to get him to set fire to the kitchen just ended in burnt food. I hadn't even thought about killing any of them with a satellite, and Tommy hadn't been stargazing for long when he was hit.
Mad Poster
#287 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:05 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th May 2016 at 7:01 PM.
My subhood of Owl Beach is getting a new Children's Museum on a beach lot. The builder is a masochist, apparently. The first floor covers geology, art, make-believe and computer games (technology). The second is a mini-aquarium. I finished both floors. Next will be some animal exhibits outside. The pirate ship is in the back (whoever advised me that if I was that worried about the Captain showing up, just don't ever enter the cabin ... thank you! Sometimes, the obvious eludes me.) And after I package the place, I'll stick in a food stand. Tourists need to eat!

This will either work splendidly and I'll be using it again and again, or bomb spectacularly and crash left, right and center. I have no idea which. I have to make sure to indicate it's on a flat lot before I package it, though; otherwise, there might be some trouble using it in the future.

EDIT ... Yay! It didn't crash, and routing was fine. But it needs a whole lot of tweaking. That's to be expected for me.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#288 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:44 PM
Kent Capp, being alien pregnant, moved to Strangetown. Jenny Smith came by to welcome him, and they chatted about babies, particularly alien babies, and Kent found out the baby was why he couldn't stand the smell of meat. Well, then. He's a good cook: it irked him to be craving only cold cereal and salads. But if it's the baby, he could live with that. He's not interested in joining the alien cult, though Jenny assured him that they would help him out with anything he needs. He's got a nice trailer, thanks to Capp family money, and a bank balance of $10,000, and he'll be teaching at the local high school.
He gave birth to Erland on Friday, a blond haired, green skinned, black-eyed baby boy, and fell in love immediately. Then he wanted to eat a hamburger and buy baby equipment, so he did. (When sims' wants match your ideas about the game!) Hired a nanny to start Monday, called up all his friends, starting with Bianca Monty, to tell them about the baby. He's primed for promotion when he next goes in to work, and he feels that life in Strangetown isn't bad at all, though he'd like to meet a few more neighbors, stargaze with his telescope (if the aliens would like Erland to have a sibling he'll be on board), and someday, have a first kiss, if, you know, he ever meets the right sim.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#289 Old 3rd May 2016 at 8:49 PM
The Roth's are beginning to seperate. Morty cheated while on holiday a few years ago, and while they've made up, things have never really been the same. They both put more into their work since the cheating, so neither is financially responsible for the other. They both make quite a lot of money to survive on. They decided it would be best if they both moved out and left the house to their son Xander. Kayla (their youngest daughter) still lives there. She's a teen but they decided not to leave her on her own, so they're waiting for Xander to finish college before Morty goes off to Strangetown to peruse an adventure and Stella to Belladonna Cove to live luxuriously and be a socialite.

Daisy Greenman continues to prove she can be a single mother, carry a job and a home business...oh and a garden! She has it all. Little Maryweather became a child. She looks like her father (Victor Aspir), although everyone thinks she's Daisy's ex-husband (Malcom Landgraab IV) child.

Linda-Elena Martin-Goldstein (daughter of Andrew Martin and Betty Holstein) is failing school. Her stack of Homework is just getting so high and she doesn't even want to do it. She fears going to school, I mean what's the point if she's not smart enough to go to college? She feels so frustrated, she can't wait to be an adult and just tend to her farm.

Last household I played today (but annoyingly, second to last in my Riverblossom rotation. Grr) was the McGreggor family. Moira was the main focus of the day, as she desperately had to learn to potty train before becoming a child. Luckily she managed, thanks to her older brother Llion putting her on the potty just before she grew up.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#290 Old 3rd May 2016 at 10:33 PM
The local region surrounding Rematra is getting a overhaul. I am trying to accomplish making the hood and subhoods resemble towns instead of random buildings everywhere.
Rematra is mostly mid income with Agricultural and Horticultural industries.
Dryis is mostly Dirty Manufacturing and some Technology Industries alongside a mix of Poor and Rich Sims.
Faluuan... Faullan... Faulaan... I can't even spell a Word I made correctly will be Commercial with poor and rich sims.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 4th May 2016 at 2:32 AM
Just started a new legacy, with Walter Travino as my founder. He's in the culinary career track (only fitting, as his hobby is cuisine) he's a family Sim that rolled romance as his secondary... (great) So far, he's torn (as am I) between two potential mates... don't ask me their names, cause I will never be able to remember lol. He's gone on dates with them both.. both two bolts, and has a want to get engaged to both of them (as well as a fear of getting rejected for engagement) I'm just going to hold out until he really shows more interest in one.. Orr another girl haha. I have a question for other legacy players. I have this beautiful neighborhood he's in, filled with houses and lots, but he's the only one in my neighborhood at the moment.. Does anybody move in other families, or how do you go about that? Just feel's weird that it's just him... Lol.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#293 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:35 AM
A lot has happened today so instead of taking up the whole page I put each household behind spoiler tags.

Scholar
#294 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:18 PM
A quick visit to the Adoption household had Hugh Christian (from Flora Marshalls and her husband) grow to a toddler, and is an average motivation sim. Likewise, twins Dillon & Otto Bush (from Don Marshalls and a random townie) became toddlers and were also average motivation.

Emily Wegner's alien triplets moved in at the end of the rotation (after a bit of wrangling getting the above three aged up correctly).

--

In the Vanderpol household, Trevor got promoted up to Blockbuster Director (Show Business level 9), and Daniella to Master of Ceremonies (Entertainment level 8). Trevor, being a high motivation sim, he easily skilled up to get another promotion, landing him as an Icon. This potentially pushes them up in terms of household income.

August went on a skilling binge, managing to get to level 8 (and thus the related scholarships) before heading off to university.

Younger (half) brother Raymond turned teen. He rolled Fortune/Knowledge, and he seriously still looks like a clone of his father. It'll be a debate for household heir between August and Raymond.

--

At the Kraemer household, twins Lexi and Cassie grew up. Lexi rolled Fortune/Romance and the LTW to get to the top of the Journalism career, while Cassie rolled Knowledge/Romance and the LTW to get to the top of the Science career. That'll be interesting as Science needs a Doctorate for the highest levels and the Kraemer household doesn't exactly have that much money.

Rebekah headed to college, getting just the good grades scholarship. She doesn't need to go, with a LTW to top Law Enforcement, but she is a knowledge sim and her boyfriend is also at uni.

In contrast, Maya managed to snag a high logic scholarship as well as the one for good grades. A LTW to woohoo 20 sims means college will be quite useful.

On the adult side, Kevin got promoted to Power Leveller (Gamer level 7), and then promoted again via chance card to Real Time Strategizer (level 8). Scarlett got promoted up to Cartoon Voice (Show Business level 5).

Another twin birthday, with Leanne and Noah growing up at the end of the rotation. Leanne rolled double Fortune, Noah Fortune/Romance. LTWs are still to be decided, but Leanne does have Nathen Lyndhurst on her top 5 list...

Rounding off the rotation, Jessica and Trevor have 1 day before they head off to university, Ashleigh 2 days and James 3 days. The youngest, Anthony, is still 3 days away from becoming a teen.

--

At the Lyndhurst household the only thing of note was Luke heading off to university on Wednesday. Charlottte is 1 day away from going to university, and the triplets Adam, Elizabeth, and Nathen are three days away.

Adam is probably the house heir, unless the relationship between Nathen and Leanne Kraemer really grows on me. But then, there is a not insignificant age difference between them.
Scholar
#295 Old 4th May 2016 at 6:06 PM

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
#296 Old 4th May 2016 at 6:13 PM
@Kankritty
I had the same thing while playing my B&B.
Field Researcher
#297 Old 4th May 2016 at 7:19 PM
At the Tri-Var sorority, Martin Ruben proposed to Christy Chin and she said yes. A lot of the girls are getting engaged these days. They've all been ready to settle down with one person. Zoe Zimmerman was put on academic probation in her sophomore year because she was spending more time on creating and maintaining friendships than on the actual studying. The other 8 girls have been doing good so far, except Tiffany Sampson who had a glitch. She couldn't go to class or her final exam, except if I sent her more towards the end of it. It was really annoying, but that glitch has been solved miraculously and now everything is going great.

Zoe finished her term paper, so she made sure she wouldn't get kicked out of college. At least not this semester. Jasmine wanted to do something fun for once, so she called the matchmaker and she paid her 5.000 simoleans to set her up with a blind date. She better hopes the rest of the house won't be mad at her for throwing away their funds. She got a teen paperboy as her blind date. I was amused, but she couldn't even roll any romantic wants for him (since she's a YA), so it was kind of pointless. They got along really well, though. They even ended up to be friends which was good for the stats of the sorority. Too bad he is a bit too young, still. I went to look at their token stats and Jasmine is 26 and Brady is 12. Maybe the matchmaker should have thought about that a bit more. The date ended greatly and I was pretty grossed out when they kissed each other at the end of it. Brady got his first kiss from a 26-year-old woman. They started crushing on each other as well. Ugh. Whitney King (current president) got an A+ to finish off her sophomore year. Same thing goes for Madeleine and she got automatically assigned a Philosophy major. I feel like Madeleine is going to be the next president, because she's friends with seven of the other girls in the house. No one can top that. Nerissa Pearson came back with an A+ and a Philosophy major. Whitney wanted to finish her term paper, so she did and got a good dent into her school work already. She'll need it when I will only control Madeleine next rotation. It's going to be weird, because Whitney was my main sim since Kay Starchild (Fong) graduated.

Beau Broke went to the Campus Boutiques to buy some new clothes, since his shorts were a bit too cold for winter. I use ROS challenges and I had to give Beau a haircut I didn't like for five days, so he's looking a bit stupid now. At the boutiques he met Jordan LeTourneau (Tri-Var sorority sister). He thought she was cute, so he asked her out on a date and they had a lot of fun together. They ended it with a kiss. Jordan developed a huge crush on this guy who came out of seemingly nowhere. No one had ever showed that much of an interest in her, so she felt extremely flattered. She didn't know Beau had 4/5 lovers at that point in time, though. There is this professor called Ralph Rodiek. He turns up EVERYWHERE. So, he was at the boutiques and he kept irritating and poking Jordan. I do remember them not getting along well, but I didn't know it was this bad. Ralph shows up at people's houses and rings their doorbell as well. He didn't even know Beau and he still rang his doorbell. Go away, old man. Nobody cares. Back home, professor Ralph Rodiek immediately came and rang the doorbell. What??? Did he follow Beau home? That's so weird. Obviously Beau didn't greet him, because the professor had tried to insult him earlier. A little bit later Beau didn't feel like making his own dinner, so he invited Trista Larrea on a date. They didn't really know each other, but it didn't matter. Beau influenced Trista to make dinner, but she was utterly incompetent and tried to make a dinner with fish while there wasn't any fish in the fridge so Beau had to go and do it himself anyway. They ended up eating hamburgers. It was a good date, but when Beau tried to kiss her goodbye, she pushed him away and left. Oh well... The rest of the night was filled with painting. Trista brought a stereo as a gift for the good date. Apparently, she can't make up her mind either.

Another day, Beau went to the hobby lot for Arts and Crafts. He did some pottery and drafted some blueprints. He went to meet other people who were as passionate about the arts as he was. There were quite a lot of them. He met a woman called Demi Louie there. She had her first kiss on the lot with Ricky Turner who is a college student. The women there were obsessed with talking through teddy bears to Beau. Is this some kind of new flirting technique I didn't hear about? After spending the day there, Beau asked Jordan to come over again. She is probably the first girl he actually rolled a want for to become best friends. I thought that was a good indication of him wanting to go on another date. This time Beau actually developed a crush too. During the date Jordan rolled a want to ask Beau to pledge the greek house. Sorry Jordan, but I think he'd be the odd one out, it being a sorority and all. Of course, professor Ralph Rodiek was staring at them creepily from the front porch. Perfect date. After the date ended, they woohooed on a bed that I randomly put outside. There was no room inside the house for a bigger bed. It was snowing too. They could have woohooed on the bench outside, like Beau normally does but he specifically rolled a want to woohoo on a bed. *Sigh* So needy. Beau had a final exam in the middle of the night, so he kept painting until he had to go. He got back with a B and became a junior. He'll need to finish that painting and sell it to be able to live, because he barely has enough money to pay for his college tuition.

Beau won a medium lottery prize of 1.000 simoleans, so he's really lucky considering his tuition fee and all. He finally became best friends with Jordan after calling her on the phone. Kelly McGaw called and asked Beau out on a date downtown. He agreed, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid all of the other lovers he has. I honestly don't know what happened, but when they arrived at their destination Kelly wasn't accepting any interaction from Beau and they stopped being best friends. As far as I know, she hasn't seen him with anyone else so I honestly don't get what happened. She asked him out on a date, they arrive and she's mad. Weird. So I made her selectable and she doesn't have a memory of him doing anything wrong either. On the community lot, he rolled wants for Jordan so I made him call Jordan via his cellphone and she came to the park where they hung out. It doesn't happen very often for me that a sim rolls a want for a specific person, so I loved that he suddenly rolled wants for Jordan and kept rolling them. So much so that they actually fell in love with each other. When Beau came home, he was called by Whitney. She said she heard from Jordan she was having a lot of fun with him and she wanted to know if he'd like to hang out with her and some of her friends. He doesn't say no to a fun social outing. On the outing were Whitney King, Jordan LeTourneau, Meadow Thayer (three sorority sisters), Kay Starchild (Fong), Corey Alioto (fellow student) and Regina Collins (adult). On the outing Corey started hitting on Whitney and I was sitting there like: No. Don't you dare. Shit. Another engagement ruined. Luckily, it only happened once. The damage is done, though. Both developed crushes. I wonder what kind of impact this will have on Whitney.

I worked out a new way to elect someone for presidency within my greek houses. Tri-Var sorority will elect a new president every single year based upon the person that has the most friends in the sorority. This may be the same person. The presidency for the fraternity is up until you graduate. The old president (the one that graduates) will elect someone else to become the new president based upon the highest relationship score (or my personal favourite). Nobody can go against this. I really like this way, because I only play the president within a greek house. The other ones I go through selectively. It's too much work to play 9 sims at the same time. I don't like most guys in the fraternity, so it's good enough to play one guy. The girls in the sorority I REALLY like, so it's good to be able to cycle through them and get to know some of them better.

At the Urele-Oresha-Cham fraternity I remodeled one of the rooms to be the bedroom for the current president which is Curtis Darga, former llama mascot and ex-best friend of the last president, Dustin Broke. It's the only room with a bigger bed and more decorations. He also has a little balcony to stand upon. William Williamson rolled the want to fall in love with sorority sister Madeleine. They've been best friends for a little bit now. So, he invited her over and I didn't have to do anything. They went straight to the hot tub to make out. But when he fell in love, he rolled the want to have two loves at once. Really, William? You're one of those? Curtis and William wanted some garden plots and a tree, so they built a greenhouse and now they have tomato plants. Curtis is mostly the one taking care of it and he has gotten a bronze gardening badge for it. Jared Starchild has finished his third semester with a B. He's making good progress. I hope he's going to roll wants to skill or to not fail his next exam, because he doesn't have enough skills to get a good grade. He's still just a sophomore and his wife Kay Starchild is waiting at home with their baby son, Samuel, for him to graduate. Jonah became a junior with a C+. I honestly thought he was going to get put on academic probation, but he was lucky. This time. William took care of watering the plants while Curtis bootycalled his wife Lucy Burb.

Curtis invited over Meadow Thayer who is his best girl friend. She was telling him a joke he didn't find particularly funny when he leaned forward and kissed her. This is how their affair started. After four months Curtis said this couldn't go on like this. Meadow didn't like it, but she agreed to it. They stayed friends. Lucy could never know about this. Her wrath was not something Curtis looked forward to. Curtis and William had been working all morning in the greenhouse when Curtis had to go off to his exam and William had to take care of the tomato plants all on his own. He did get a bronze gardening badge then. Curtis finished his seventh semester with an A+. He has one more semester left to go and then he can join his wife in her one-room apartment. Mitch Indie moved into the fraternity. The only pledge left is Guy Wrightley, but Mitch has Max Flexor as a friend so he'll be able to encourage him to pledge at the best (and only) fraternity at SSU.
Field Researcher
#298 Old 4th May 2016 at 10:59 PM
Very eventful play session last night.

Over in the Reamon household, nothing but good news. Juan got his wish. Kandis became pregnant with their second child right after Julian aged into a toddler. Plus, Juan got a chance card, and got himself a $30,000 pay bonus. The growing family will be leaving their apartment this week, to find their first home.

My other household, the Chadwicks, consists of twins Danny (Romance) and Mandi (Fortune). They are sharing an apartment while they start their lives as adults. Danny has had great luck with his woohoo conquests (what luck that his turn on is red heads and 4 of them moved into the complex!). But Mandi...poor Mandi. She went on a blind date with a townie called Dorian. They argued the entire time and the date ended with an attack, with Mandi as the victor. Then, she spied Troy Chalmers. Before I knew it, ACR had them woohooing in a photobooth and Mandi was pregnant. The next day, she discovered the TV was busted. Not one to waste money on a repairman, she took it upon herself to fix it. She electrocuted herself and suffered a miscarriage.

Today's session will see the arrival of the third family in the neighbourhood, a young married couple, The Jacobs.
Forum Resident
#299 Old 5th May 2016 at 7:41 AM
The Carr household is nothing if not hectic. Ryan and Brittany graduated college and moved back into the family home. First thing they did was woohoo and get pregnant which resulted in another set of twin girls they named Samantha and Tiffany. Brianna aged into a teen and ACR kicked in one day while Crystal was out jogging and Brianna ended up sharing her first kiss and woohoo with Joe.....and ending up pregnant with a boy she named Byron.The family then had to move into a bigger home (BV Mansion) and Brittany got pregnant yet again, followed a couple hours later by Crystal (finally). Annamarie and Syndil started dating Chandler Platz and Orlando Bertino respectively, and Brianna ended up dating Phillip when he grew into a teen. Brittany eventually gave birth to triplets, two boys and a girl named Andrew, Asher, and Heather. A couple hours later, Crystal gave birth to twin boys, Jaymz and Liam. That makes five infants born within a couple hours of each other.

It only became more hectic when the babies became toddlers. Joe aged into an elder and Brittany continued to work on her want for ten children and got pregnant yet again with at least twins (This woman is apparently VERY fertile). With the help of a bit of maxmotives and smart milk, all the toddlers have learned all their skills except for potty training which they will try to conquer next.

When I left them, Joe was an elder, Crystal, Ryan, Brittany, and Brianna were adults. Phillip, Annamarie, Syndil, Samantha, and Tiffany were teens, Byron was a child, and Andrew, Asher, Heather, Jaymz, and Liam were toddlers. So that makes 16 people in one house and then at least two on their way. I think I am going to enjoy playing the Shahan family next as there is just four in that family so far.

Forum Resident
#300 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:45 AM Last edited by stitching : 5th May 2016 at 8:37 PM.
The Newson house was crowded for the fall. Gavin and Ginger's husband, Laurie Poireau, came back from university and brought Ginger's triplet toddlers with them. Already living in the house were Gallagher, Gabriella, Georgia, Garret, Ginger's older daughter Lauren, and Pepper the adopted stray dog. The teens spent most of the fall having group outings and dates while the adults alternated between caring for toddlers and trying to find jobs. Laurie wants to be a chef, and he managed to find a job in the culinary career track, but Gavin has been unable to find his dream job. Right now, he's working in pest control and spending his limited spare time working on a flower arranging badge. Lauren barely knows her father, and isn't too happy with him - she spent more time on the phone with Ginger than with Laurie, even considering the time he spent helping her with homework. She seems to like her little brother Lewis, though, and autonomously played with him a fair bit. There is only one bathroom in the house, so keeping everyone bathed was challenging, especially since all the hobbies seem to make them dirty. Gabriella kept jogging, Georgia and Lauren played soccer together several times, and all of the teens were working on restoring a car. At the end of the fall, Laurie moved into a new house with his children, and Gabriella and Gallagher will be starting university at the start of winter - the house will feel empty with only three in it.

My fishing/ecology family had a few new things for me to get used to. Their youngest teen, Rose, was turned into a vampire over the summer vacation, and I wasn't sure how to deal with school once fall began. The main house is right at the back of a 3x5 lot, and when she crosses it in daylight I was surprised by how bad of a motive hit she took. I built a small shed near the mailbox for her to use as a resting area for the time between sun-up and the bus's arrival, and that seemed to keep her in good shape. She returns to the shed as she gets home and naps until sun-down. Her twin brother Harold was given a random task for the fall - making leaf piles and burning them. This family normally composts everything so it's a bit out of character for them, but the lot has a lot of trees so there was plenty for him to burn. I was surprised that the fire only spread once - Harold panicked, but Rose was using the telescope at the time and she's read fire safety and easily put out the fire before it spread beyond the one tree. Harold's alien daughter, Diana, aged to toddler, and Harold helped a bit with teaching her skills but most of her care was done by her grandfather Henry and uncle Grady. They both rolled wants to play with her and Henry rolled wants to teach her skills. She's best friends with all three of them, but closest to her grandfather. Harold, aside from being busy burning leaves, was rolling wants to sneak out and have dates with one of the girls in the mining family. The middle set of twins, Michael and Grady, also had a couple of dates in the fall but spent more time getting ready for university. Both have scholarships for entrepreneurship, academics, athletics, and fishing, and Grady also has a scholarship for alien reparation and for logic skill. Grady's alien daughter, Athena, aged to child, and he's very close with her. He took her on an outing with his girlfriend and was relieved to see that they got on well together. Grady will be attending university with his townie girlfriend and his daughter will be staying with her grandparents. Like her cousin Diana, Athena has a close relationship with Grandpa Henry. Michael started going steady with Georgia Newson, and is going to miss her during the winter - she's not old enough for university yet.

I also played the four couples that just moved from the university to my fishing lodge apartments. This apartment building is basically a cabin with a common kitchen (with dorm cook), a seating area, and both a men's and women's bathroom. Three of the apartments are 4x5 and one is 5x5 (I think - they fit beds and a little bit more). The couples that have moved in are mostly on good terms with each other, though Erik Swain and Isha Besson have a touchy history, and Jacquette Colt didn't know everyone when she moved in. It was really interesting watching all the residents I wasn't playing wander about the lot - they did some fishing, couples flirted a lot, and the leader of the cult of Grilled Cheese kept visiting and then getting into fights with Isha and Erik - three way hatred. I think the cult leader was coming by because he's enemies with Erik and best friends with Arnold Colt (another resident). Alan kept walking by during the night and kicking over the trash can, and then he'd walk by a while later and stop to spray roaches - nice vandal. The lot was always a mess - it's a cabin in the woods, and the landlord felt he needed to rake the forest. Fine. But he'd get distracted while disposing of the leaf piles and drop the bag so there were little piles of garbage scattered about. Sometimes he'd get them cleaned up before leaving for the night, and sometimes there were roaches when he came back in the morning. I've played this lot in the fall before, and I don't remember the landlord dropping garbage like that. I also don't recall the apartment residents being such stinky slobs, but this rotation the residents were using the Bon Voyage axe throwing set until they stank and they were also having bladder failure in the kitchen - dormies are cleaner than this group.

Bessons: Eva wants to join the SCIA, but hasn't found a job opening yet. Until she gets one, she's working in the law career. Her husband wants to be a criminal mastermind, but he's working in agriculture. Isha's got a history of alcohol problems and loves cc beer. He drinks autonomously whenever he wants (I don't cancel it) and has a beer after work. So far, the effect has mostly been to hit on his wife, but he's also attacked his best friend Maik Swain, proposed marriage to Arnold Colt (their relationship was about 10 before the proposal, and both are straight), and flirted with the dorm cook. Eva only drinks occasionally (as in, before I can cancel the action), and she mostly wants to have career success. Isha got his hands on a magic lamp (left for a neighbour) and got a bit of money from it before Eva discovered it and gave it to it's rightful owner (Maik).

Swain: Maik wants to be a criminal too, but he also likes fishing. He's working in the oceanography career for now, and Erik was in the career with him until he found an opening in architecture. Maik kept rolling wants to ask someone on dates and to see ghosts, so he and his husband had a couple of dates in graveyards. The dates went well, but nobody was scared even when two or three ghosts were out. Maik is a Tricou, and is considering resurrecting his ancestors, but he and Erik need to get more money first. If I do decide to have Maik (Orion Teens) resurrect them, I'll have him "steal" the paranormal career reward from the cult of Grilled Cheese once he's at level 6 or 7 (cat burglar?) of the criminal career. Erik wants to move to a bigger house and get some pets, but they'll be in the small apartment for at least another season.

Cordier/Warbulton: Mariona Cordier is the only one in the apartments that is currently employed as a criminal. Her fiance is a corrupt politician (he wants friends and money, and doesn't care about the career track). There is currently little risk of Mariona ending up in jail, as my town's only law enforcement officer just retired and my prison currently lacks a warden. However, if she gets caught (bad chance card or random event dice roll for bad work event), the resulting scandal will force Andrew to leave politics. They both had a couple of good chance cards worth $20 000 and $40 000; between those and their promotion bonuses, they have enough for a decent house and will likely move out of the apartment in the winter.

Colts: Jacquette was pregnant when she and Arnold graduated, and both wanted to get married. This family is the only one in the apartment not involved in crime, and they are the nicest, neatest, and most serious of all the sims in the building. One wants six grandkids, and the other wants to max all skills, and without career wants I either have sims fill employee positions, start businesses, or take custom careers that come up on the computer. Arnold is now in training to be a vicar, and Jacquette is learning to make toys while she's pregnant (she has high interest in toys already). They will likely run an orphanage/boarding school at home and build a community lot church. They are quite poor compared to the other families in the apartments, and will have to take on a fairly large mortgage to build their home. For now, they are in the largest apartment with their new daughter, Ruth. Arnold wants to stay in the apartment until after they've saved more money, but Jacquette has lower relationships with the neighbours and after seeing Mariona in the burglar suit she wants to move.
Page 12 of 350