Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 87
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#251 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:17 PM
Missa: Scan folder has been there for 3 versions already. As for the code - its not realesed... yet.

crinrict: Usually no, but hair really should be self contained.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Missa: Scan folder has been there for 3 versions already. As for the code - its not realesed... yet.

Yeah I'm just a little slow!

Oh hey, I wanted to ask you. If you need anymore testers, I'm up for it. I actually enjoy testing and basically have an AAS degree from a technical college. That's why I want to get back into programming.

What are you usually programming in for the sims modding? And do you usually release your code?
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:31 AM
Brilliant.I have been looking for something like this.Thank you!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#254 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:46 AM
Missa: I program in C# for all my Sims 3 tools, and yes, the code usually gets released. (See the link on my profile page)

Test Subject
#255 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 12:23 PM
does it work with macs?
Forum Resident
#256 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:43 PM
Default conflict between files from same download
The chair in this download conflicts with the table in the same download.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/388019
It also conflicts with the credenza in this one.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/385430

They all seem to be fine together in the game.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#257 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 10:17 PM
woo! I just got my game working again! Wooo!
Test Subject
#258 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:00 PM
i can't run it. my comp keeps saying the program had a problem and needs to close. i have mircosoft .NET framework 3.5 and windows XP. HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#259 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:47 PM
dandasx: Did you miss the bit in the overview that says you need .NET 2.0? I guess you did.

Test Subject
#260 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:17 PM
Thank you so much, this worked wonderfully
Test Subject
#261 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:56 AM
You are BRILLIANT! I was about to give up on the game; I was so frustrated that it was running so slow. I took my computer in to a computer repair store TWICE and made upgrades to no avail! I installed your program and you wouldn't believe how many corrupt files I found! After removing the bad files, the game runs like a dream. I've been playing almost non stop and am having trouble forcing myself to stop playing so I can do my lesson plans! Thank you so very Much!
Test Subject
#262 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:50 AM
Thanks for your effort.
However,I am recently experiencing blue lots issue which are supposed to be fixed by your software.
Am I misunderstanding the function of this software?
And what information you needed from me to fix this problem?
I have recieved one bule lots issue report long ago but I ignored that.
And now I experienced it myself after using your software.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#263 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:02 AM
badbear: If you had content that was corrupted, and you used it on a lot, then that lot has a chance of going blue even if you subsequently fix the content. This program is only meant to stop it happening on new lots again.

The other possibility is, of course, that you never actually fixed the corrupted files. (Hint: After doing a Fix All you should clear the caches too)

Test Subject
#264 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:20 AM Last edited by badbear : 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:26 AM.
Um..no. I understand how the former edition of "blue lot fixer" works.
I didn't fix the "brown" file which is labeled as "conflict" but not "blue lot".
Then should these item causing blue lot?

And, my neigberhood is new.

Last night I checked with dashboard, and deleted whatever cache.package and then play. Game saved, and when I enter the save this morning it blue out. And I checked with dashboard just before this post, there are only "borwn conflict files" which should not causing blu lots.

What I am suggesting is, is it possible that the detector can miss the blue lot objects?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#265 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:56 AM
It's possible - is there custom content you have that does not appear in the dashboard list? Perhaps in another folder?

Test Subject
#266 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 1:54 PM
It's possible - is there custom content you have that does not appear in the dashboard list? Perhaps in another folder?

I am going to search that...

And I have a question want to ask...I know mods that modifying game rules may have conflict, but how other objects have conflict with other object? for example, a custom hair crush with an other custom hair...Dashboard found a set of windows are conflicting among themselves...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#267 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:52 PM
If it's by the same creator, or part of a set, then there is no issues - creators sometimes re-use the same resources with the same ids across multiple files.

It's only when it's two totally different creators in different sets that it becomes an issue.

Inventor
#268 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:49 PM
@badbear: Are you sure you have no faulty sims3packs ? There are a few that people downloaded with houses.
Scholar
#269 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 10:03 PM
I am reading carefully the previous posts because I have experienced some strange issues while I was sure that my game was finally clean.It will be difficult to report with my poor English.

Just some points :Lately same issue as Badbear.Was busy on a lot.The lot was fine -I believed it.Then saved and left the game.Next day:Blue lots in the neigborhood.

And I am a very regular user of your tools,dear Delphy.

Well: After a good headache I remembered what I had installed in the previous days:Everything in S3packs from different sites.

I uninstalled this stuff via the launcher with lots of patience.Then I used your "Sims3Pack Multi Installer" and converted the s3packs to packages.Then installed them in "Mods/Packages" and made a scan with the Dashboard tool.You know what? Many packages were red or brown....

Have fixed the red ones and not sure what to do with "conflicts".....

Today I have made several tests with sets previously installed as S3packs and got bad surprises.In many sets nearly all objects are conflicting with each other,for example was in despair after scanning the gorgeous Scarlet Kitchen (from Hudy).If I remove one object,other conflicts pop up etc...

For now I decided not to delete my beloved cc,even if its brown...

Do you think that files downloaded as s3packs can cause blue lots? Is it a good idea to test them with the dashboard as packages before installing them in the game as s3packs ?

Sorry for this huge confusing post.I feel that my brain will soon explode because of this damned game !

Many thanks for your hard work and all the help that you provide.
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:02 AM
Thank you! Its like your Organiser for TS2 which saved me so much! I've been waiting for something like this. Thanks so much!!
Field Researcher
#271 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:36 AM
I cant WAIT till this and your bluelotfixer are updated for High-End Loft Stuff. I use the dashboard EVERY TIME before I play my game to clear my caches and make sure if I downloaded any new CC or mods, that I have nothing conflicting This program is amazing Delphy! Thank you!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#272 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:17 AM
Rainbow_Brite: High End Loft Stuff only got released, when, yesterday? I'm not a miracle worker, and I don't have the stuff pack yet so I can't tell if it actually needs updating - oh, and the bluelot fixer wont be updated anymore, only this tool.

Mehrlicht: Yes, it's definately possible for Sims3Packs to contain corrupted packages, especially in lots. Since the game drags in objects and packages that where on the lot at the time of packaging, and puts them inside a Sims3Pack, obviously the resulting file can contain some bad resources.

With regards to the conflicts, it's as I said before. If the conflict is within the same set by the same creator then it's usually not an issue whatsoever. Only if something conflicts between entirely different sets from different creators (like, say, 2 XML mods from different people that do the same thing), then you have to look closer as it could be an issue.

Test Subject
#273 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 10:06 AM

total scaned package is 994 which fits the total package number in my package folder.

crinrict: I am not sure, but sims3pack can cause blue lots?
I have a Dbcs folder in my mod folder which allow me to use EA contents after patch 2.3.
Test Subject
#274 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:28 PM
dandasx: Did you miss the bit in the overview that says you need .NET 2.0? I guess you did.

No I didn't I spend over 2 days trying to get it working (unistalling and installin frameworks, etc). I have .NET 2.0 service pack 2 and then 3.0, .3.5. Any idea why I can't run the program? PLEASE!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#275 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:08 PM
Merlicht, can you send me one of the Sims3Packs that you say has corrupted contents inside?

Page 11 of 87