Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nosy sim interactions

by FloTheory Posted 22nd Nov 2019 at 6:57 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2022 at 3:09 PM by FloTheory : ntically invol

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 12:23 PM
You just made my dream come true, woah! (And love that your screenshots show pie menu options in french, as a fellow french simmer). This is going to be super helpful with the Nraas mod "RelationshipPanel" which allows you to use the social pie menu regardless of whether the target sim is nearby or not.

I keep a detailed track of my homeworld sims in a spreadsheet and I've added new data type over the years. The thing is, it now means that I did not record that data for sims in older generations or even sims now deceased who still show up in genealogy trees since they have a tombstone in the graveyard.

I have been looking to create a "Census" mod to ask a bunch of questions to townies so I can gain a quick access to their many datas such as:
- how many children they have and who they are;
- if they are married and who their spouse is;
- if they are divorced and who their ex(es) is/are;
- if they have romantic interests and who these sims are (so they can break up and not get a lousy reputation in town, ugh!)
- what their full list of traits are (including hidden traits);
- what their full list of skills are (including hidden skills);
- And so much more.

So I have two questions:
1) Do you know if your mod could be used for such a "data harvesting" process?
2) Do you know if it could be used on deceased sims somehow? Maybe if they become temporary ghosts to enable the pie menu options for the short term?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 1:35 PM
I've been wanting that for years! How many times my sim falls in love with an NPC and we discover the kids when he/she moves in lol
Thank you
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
You just made my dream come true, woah! (And love that your screenshots show pie menu options in french, as a fellow french simmer). This is going to be super helpful with the Nraas mod "RelationshipPanel" which allows you to use the social pie menu regardless of whether the target sim is nearby or not.

I keep a detailed track of my homeworld sims in a spreadsheet and I've added new data type over the years. The thing is, it now means that I did not record that data for sims in older generations or even sims now deceased who still show up in genealogy trees since they have a tombstone in the graveyard.

I have been looking to create a "Census" mod to ask a bunch of questions to townies so I can gain a quick access to their many datas such as:
- if they have romantic interests and who these sims are (so they can break up and not get a lousy reputation in town, ugh!)
- And so much more.

So I have two questions:
1) Do you know if your mod could be used for such a "data harvesting" process?
2) Do you know if it could be used on deceased sims somehow? Maybe if they become temporary ghosts to enable the pie menu options for the short term?

Merci MissPat pour tous ces compliments :D!! Contente que ce mod soit utile pour d'autres joueurs!

- And so much more.

Yes, I do think these could be made using the same pattern! You should check this thread : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=634925
If you have any questions about doing your own mod feel free to contact me :D, I'll be glad to share the little information I've had so far!

And the Mod is available for Ghosts yes!

Happy simming :D!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I've been wanting that for years! How many times my sim falls in love with an NPC and we discover the kids when he/she moves in lol
Thank you

Haha One of the reasons I did this mod, that's so accurate!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anitaka00
Merci MissPat pour tous ces compliments :D!! Contente que ce mod soit utile pour d'autres joueurs!

Yes, I do think these could be made using the same pattern! You should check this thread : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=634925
If you have any questions about doing your own mod feel free to contact me :D, I'll be glad to share the little information I've had so far!

And the Mod is available for Ghosts yes!

Happy simming :D!

(De rien, c'est mérité!)

Good to know for the ghosts! I'm going to check the thread you recommended. I'll definitely be in touch for help to troubleshoot that mod idea in the future
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 12:19 AM
First of all, at the preview thumbnail.

Second, this will indeed be useful for NPCs, thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
First of all, at the preview thumbnail.

Second, this will indeed be useful for NPCs, thanks!

I'm glad you like it
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 2:26 PM
I'm glad you like it

By the way, this mod taught me that service NPCs apparently all live in a household, because I asked a policewoman who came to arrest a burglar where she lived, and there was a long list of names.
Screenshots

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 2:32 PM

By the way, this mod taught me that service NPCs apparently all live in a household, because I asked a policewoman who came to arrest a burglar where she lived, and there was a long list of names.

Yes they live in the service NPC household ^^ It's nice to see your ingame pictures!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 4:20 PM
Yes they live in the service NPC household ^^ It's nice to see your ingame pictures!

Thanks! (Also, I noticed that the Grim Reaper is a resident of said household... )

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 7:39 PM
Thanks! (Also, I noticed that the Grim Reaper is a resident of said household... )

Yes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 8:53 PM
i saw that this updated and im very excited to see how these play out now!
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goldengan
i saw that this updated and im very excited to see how these play out now!

Thank you for the feedback!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 11:08 PM
Thank you for the feedback!

i've been playing and i've used it a few times. sometimes it will notify me the way it did previously -- via popup without speaking to the other person -- but that only happens occasionally (i would say one out of 10 times). most of the time the sims speak to one another before the answer pops up. that being said this doesn't cause any problems in the game so i don't mind it happening to few times they do. and i have noticed the changes you've made regarding their personality traits! love this mod and these additions! very well done :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 6:58 PM
i've been playing and i've used it a few times. sometimes it will notify me the way it did previously -- via popup without speaking to the other person -- but that only happens occasionally (i would say one out of 10 times). most of the time the sims speak to one another before the answer pops up. that being said this doesn't cause any problems in the game so i don't mind it happening to few times they do. and i have noticed the changes you've made regarding their personality traits! love this mod and these additions! very well done :D

You are right, I forgot to add it to the known issues section, this problem was alread mentioned to me by @Battery but thank you for reminding me!

Besides that I'm glad you're having fun with the mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 6:34 PM
Very cool mod, great work!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 7:21 PM
So um.... You can ask pets too... but they end up looking like something out of lovecraft. Maybe disable this for pets.... Just a thought... ^^'
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dweiathecat
So um.... You can ask pets too... but they end up looking like something out of lovecraft. Maybe disable this for pets.... Just a thought... ^^'

Ahah, you are right I've been told that before as I don't play with pets right now I forgot. I will, thanks for the feedback!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 10:29 PM
Wow that's so fantastic as I play witht eh Détective privé carreer I hope this is useful for my simself, from another French simmer too. Tell me if this mod is availible in our language too .
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Wow that's so fantastic as I play witht eh Détective privé carreer I hope this is useful for my simself, from another French simmer too. Tell me if this mod is availible in our language too .

Hi @LucieSims, I'm glad you like the mod! I'm currently working on translating the mod that so far is only in english. Have a nice play!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FloTheory
Hi @LucieSims, I'm glad you like the mod! I'm currently working on translating the mod that so far is only in english. Have a nice play!

Super merci . I am waiting for the translation before downloading it , I keep an eye. I hope you will create new mods soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 8:17 PM
Merci pour ton soutien! The mod will be updated in Mai, in the meantime : bon jeu!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:39 PM
LOVE this update! thank you so much for the new additions
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2020 at 12:11 AM
LOVE this update! thank you so much for the new additions

I'm glad you like this mod!
Page 1 of 3